The Student Room Group

What do you do on your revision breaks?

On every piece of revision advice ever, you are advised to TAKE A BREAK. But sometimes when I take a break, I end up getting hooked into my break and I never come out of it :laugh:

Today I've found an effective way to spend my break, since I'm weirdly motivated today. I'm eating grapes, writing this post and listening to this PCR song:

Spoiler

What do you during your revision breaks? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I walk my dog or play with her outside
Reply 2
play games
Reply 3
Original post by ded101
play games

Every time I play games, I find it hard to stop :laugh:
Go to Dubai to get a snack and watch the dancing foundations then come back, just in time.
Scroll through TSR (sigh)
Reply 6
Read a book - it's weird because more reading but...
Reply 7
Original post by TK_23
Read a book - it's weird because more reading but...

I wish I could do that! I get really horrible migraines from eye strain after a certain amount of concentration (even when wearing my glasses) so I have to give my eyes a rest during my breaks
Reply 8
Original post by Amefish
I wish I could do that! I get really horrible migraines from eye strain after a certain amount of concentration (even when wearing my glasses) so I have to give my eyes a rest during my breaks

I see! - I get eye strain sitting at a computer, even though I have anti-glare on my glasses so I feel your struggle :frown:
Food always helps me during breaks :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by TK_23
I see! - I get eye strain sitting at a computer, even though I have anti-glare on my glasses so I feel your struggle :frown:

Definitely! I love rewarding with a fruit smoothie or some other refreshing food :smile:
I watch sing along to songs 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Normally I just go to the shop below the library and buy a drink. If I'm at home I just take two breaks which are lunch and then going to the gym.
I play table tennis
Original post by Amefish
Every time I play games, I find it hard to stop :laugh:

Maybe set a timer during your breaks so you don't run over? That's what I do.
I read, listen to music, climb a tree in the garden or play computer games.
Watch the originals :h:
get air
Original post by Amefish

Have you considered fitting a different pair for up close and distance?
I know optometrists don't usually do it for teens but when I was at school I used to have that problem with reading for a long time. Without glasses I was out of focus (astigmatism issues), with glasses I felt a lot of strain and it seems like the lenses are way too strong. It was solved when I was fitted a different pair for reading (well, it was after school, but it was good and helped me a lot during university).

Original post by TK_23
Have you considered blue-light filter or blue light blocking eyeglasses... and as the answer above, different pair?

Food is great... I felt in love with this the last year of university. It was easier to study when having a snack. It is something psychological, sometimes when you have a snack while studying you stop thinking you are studying and feel good about having the snack so it makes it easier and less noticeable... hope it makes sense.
Eat, sleep... uh.. Not much else :u:
I prefer doing some sport activity or watching an episode.
Reply 19
Original post by Kathy89
Have you considered fitting a different pair for up close and distance?
I know optometrists don't usually do it for teens but when I was at school I used to have that problem with reading for a long time. Without glasses I was out of focus (astigmatism issues), with glasses I felt a lot of strain and it seems like the lenses are way too strong. It was solved when I was fitted a different pair for reading (well, it was after school, but it was good and helped me a lot during university).

My glasses are only for close up things like reading, going on the computer, etc :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest