The Student Room Group

Customer Service Consultant -HMRC (044R)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
Original post by anisajazz
hay do you know if you would get full pay or less at the end of may.i start 8th may

Less pay for the first month then normal pay.
Original post by Sssun
Fair enough iv just never know a company not doing a week in hand. It's basically so if you do overtime or ring in sick or something the day before you get paid they can't redo your pay that quickly. So your last week is really the the first week of the next month. Again I could be wrong but I would say that's the norm.

Sounds right to me
Original post by Bethxparkinson
I've emailed them, they sent me an email saying thanks for confirming we're handing your file over

Yes, that's the last one I got also.
Original post by Aqhsa

they going to pay you next friday then
Original post by Aqhsa

ok thanks
Reply 1305
Original post by Fontaine1990
they going to pay you next friday then

Yeah 28th April 2017 will get paid and will be able to see my wageslip online by 23rd April 2017 so I was told.
Reply 1306
Original post by anisajazz
ok thanks

Your welcome
Got my formal offer 2 weeks ago and still not heard anything about who I should meet when I get there and what time to get there, how long did it take everyone else to find out?

That's weird I start mid June, I received an email first saying I start at 9am and a colleague will meet me at the entrance. Then someone at HMRC called me the next day to see if I had any questions and if I've accepted the offer. This is the number he left me 03000584556 so you can try that if you still don't hear from them.
Original post by Aqhsa
Yeah 28th April 2017 will get paid and will be able to see my wageslip online by 23rd April 2017 so I was told.

ah thats cool and guessing cus i start on that same week will have to wait till the lst working day of may might get a bit extra
hows it going on your 2nd week
How long after accepting the conditional offer did you guys hear back? What email did they send back?
I accepted the conditional offer but all I've been sent back is a email saying, thank you for your enquiry we aim to get back to you in 48 hrs, that was a week ago.
Original post by Noellaah
That's weird I start mid June, I received an email first saying I start at 9am and a colleague will meet me at the entrance. Then someone at HMRC called me the next day to see if I had any questions and if I've accepted the offer. This is the number he left me 03000584556 so you can try that if you still don't hear from them.

If received that email and had a phone call but everyone else seems to have had a name sent to them of who to meet when they get there
Original post by jackie0122
How long after accepting the conditional offer did you guys hear back? What email did they send back?
I accepted the conditional offer but all I've been sent back is a email saying, thank you for your enquiry we aim to get back to you in 48 hrs, that was a week ago.

They take about 7-10 days before sending u pre-employement check docs
Reply 1312
So has anyone who has started yet been told what the shift patterns are likely to be? Oh and someone mentioned earlier, is there felxitime in this job? I thought there wasnt
Reply 1313
I got my formal offer yesterday for Manchester, I start on 8th May.

I'm guessing that I will only get 2 week's worth of pay in May, the second and third week, and then I won't get paid again until the end of June but I would get 5 week's of pay with the last week of May carried over. Maybe.

Also for others saying, we get flexitime.
Reply 1314
Original post by PaJoHa

I'm guessing that I will only get 2 week's worth of pay in May, the second and third week, and then I won't get paid again until the end of June but I would get 5 week's of pay with the last week of May carried over. Maybe.

Same start date as me but at a different location. Did they actually mention that it's felxitime to you? I think in June you will get a full months money, the last week of May and all of June apart from the last week of June as that will roll into july
Original post by PaJoHa

What department are you in? I've been given 5th June as my start date for Manchester and got that offer 2 weeks ago
If received that email and had a phone call but everyone else seems to have had a name sent to them of who to meet when they get there

For the Manchester office, you just need to state your name and why you're there, they then contact the person you're supposed to see. I was there yesterday, and judging by my email, I met a lovely, tattooed, elderly gentlemen called "Louise/Shirley."
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sssun
Same start date as me but at a different location. Did they actually mention that it's felxitime to you? I think in June you will get a full months money, the last week of May and all of June apart from the last week of June as that will roll into july

Has this been confirmed to you? In places I have worked in the past, you should get May's payment in June and wait until July before your full pay cheque for June. I'm probably going on a right bender if I get my final cheque at my current job and a full month's pay at my new place at the same time.

I imagine it'll be waaaay harder to hide that bump in my income from the tax people if I'm a tax person, though.
Reply 1318
No just working on the theory that like most places you work " a week in hand". Someone on this thread confirmed you could see your pay online a week before you get paid, that would work along the line of what I think
i start next monday but the payday is friday that same week so guess that will be rolled over into end of may

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending