The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Anyone studying/ studied Msc.marketing at Surrey?

Hello! I am going for a Msc.marketing management class of 2017 which is commencing this september. Nice to meet you all repondant and classmates in advance :smile:! I have a question. The thing is I want to stydy in intensive marketing classes and in a business school with many activities such as compettition, guest speaker, career guidance(i need a job after graduate in UK- im an international student). I would like to know how the marketing could is like at Surrey? And how can I make my time the most out of it during my degree? :smile:)) thank you guys!
Original post by Surreystudent17
Hello! I am going for a Msc.marketing management class of 2017 which is commencing this september. Nice to meet you all repondant and classmates in advance :smile:! I have a question. The thing is I want to stydy in intensive marketing classes and in a business school with many activities such as compettition, guest speaker, career guidance(i need a job after graduate in UK- im an international student). I would like to know how the marketing could is like at Surrey? And how can I make my time the most out of it during my degree? :smile:)) thank you guys!

Hi @Surreystudent17,

I'm afraid I don't have any first-person knowledge about the Marketing degree at Surrey Business School, but having been an undergrad student at Surrey between 2012-2015 and now working at the university, I can give you a bit of an insight into the career guidance and business-related events we offer here.

Surrey has a dedicated team of careers advisors who are there to help you prepare for applying for jobs, give tips on your interview technique, look over your CV and suggest ways to improve it, along with providing advice on how to search for jobs relevant to your field. These careers advisors are part of the wider Careers and Employability team, who have their offices on campus. You can visit their website here to see the full scale of what they offer. I think that their guest lectures and careers fairs would probably be of most interest to you. The Careers team run weekly events to help improve your employability. These sessions are often led by industry professionals who can give you an idea of their experience and offer some insight into what employers are looking for when they're hiring new talent.

In addition to the workshops and guest lectures run by the Careers & Employability team, the Surrey Business School also has its own calendar of events, including networking events, guest talks, and workshops which are aimed at current students as well as industry professionals. You can see the current calendar of events here.

It may also be worth posting this question on our Q&A thread, or on the 2017 Applicants thread :smile:

Hope this helps! If you have any further questions just let me know.

All the best,
Ashley
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending