The Student Room Group

What's the hardest video game you've played...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by noggins
I can't decide on just one. But these spring to mind...

R-Type and Gradius series
Alien Soldier
Mega Man series
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Ninja Gaiden (NES)
Shadow Dancer (Arcade)
Wipeout (PS1)
SMB The Lost Levels
Metroid (NES)
Kid Icarus (NES)

I could never get far in Shadow Dancer.
(edited 7 years ago)
I think CS:GO is pretty hard. I am FACEIT level 10 and I've played against insane players before like ScreaM and Uzziii who have inhuman movement and one tap you instantly
Original post by Nalle
Oh, definitely Fable 3. It was almost impossible to finish that game!

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

In what way??

Do you mean doing the good choices but still have enough money so everyone survives?

I didnt really do that. I guess if you started investing in houses from the start then its quite simple. But most people didnt know what was going to happen until it was too late.

I did a mixture of bad and good choices. (Can't remember exactly.) I took a break to earn as much money as I can but it wasnt enough and wasn't that patient so I had to make some bad choices. Ill look it up later and see if i can remmeber.
Catherine and Jak II are games that probably don't get enough credit for their difficulty. There's a defence level on Jak II that's frustratingly difficult to beat
Anybody ever played Payday:The Heist on overkill mode? That takes some getting used to. It's a bit like playing Goldeneye on 00 mode.

Also, I was just watching old games videos on youtube and can't believe I forgot to mention Desert Strike in my original post :eek3:
(edited 7 years ago)
starcraft 2, it's like trying to play chess and juggle at the same time :biggrin:
Moonstone (1991 - Amiga Commodore)
My 2nd most hardest which isn't a strategy is an MMO called Eden Eternal because of how brutal some of the bosses were (and also because I wasn't a p2w user). The hardest boss I remember which sticks in my memory does the following:

Summons 2 clones, one is immune to physical dmg and reflects double of what it would receive, the other clone does the same with magic. Each clone applies a stacking debuff, one reduces your max MP over time so if they're up for a while then you can't be healed and do much dmg so bugger all happens.

The only time I beat this boss was because we had a guy who was 10 levels above this boss and was actually geared well for his level.
Reply 68
Original post by Kholmes1
In what way??

Do you mean doing the good choices but still have enough money so everyone survives?

I didnt really do that. I guess if you started investing in houses from the start then its quite simple. But most people didnt know what was going to happen until it was too late.

I did a mixture of bad and good choices. (Can't remember exactly.) I took a break to earn as much money as I can but it wasnt enough and wasn't that patient so I had to make some bad choices. Ill look it up later and see if i can remmeber.

I found the game was awful, how there was no prior warning that you'd have to make loads of gold before the last part of the game, if you didn't want a rundown kingdom with everyone hating you. Even worse was the fact that you'd jump from like 100 days to the attack to 1 day 0-0
Bayonetta has just been re-released for PC. I used to play it on PS3 and found it so challenging that I had to switch the difficulty to easy to get any where, haha.
Reply 70
QWOP, hands down.

And legs down.

Everything is down and I can't f**king run SMH
Some of the earlier games like those on the Sega Mega Drive were hard because there was no save option, you just had a set amount of continues and there's no restart points or anything. Zombies Ate My Neighbours was insanely hard.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Some of the earlier games like those on the Sega Mega Drive were hard because there was no save option, you just had a set amount of continues and there's no restart points or anything. Zombies Ate My Neighbours was insanely hard.

Such desribed games by yourself are the hardest to play anyway. Have some of them, but none of those games ever played through. They are so difficult that they pissed me off sometimes by gaming.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Shadow Hunters
Clearly mario kart rainbow road, I never managed to unlock the mirror cup on that tournament because of stupid rainbow road. :angry:

i don't know which mario kart game you mean but on mario kart 8 the rainbow road is a joke on 200cc. i always played wii and when my little bro invited me to 8 a couple of days ago we did some 150cc stuff and i was constantly 1st then he put it to 200cc and i went straight to 10-12th XD
actually, ive changed my mind. with super hexagon just spend a decent while and u beat the level easily. currently stuck on hyper hexagonest (and i never will beat it as its stupidly hard!)
now id say the hardest i've played (again never beaten) is insane mode on castle crashers. with the red knight u can cheese it by buzzing all the enemies and learning the boss tactics.... any other knight and u have a bad time
FInal fantasy, cheat free
Original post by Toasticide
i don't know which mario kart game you mean but on mario kart 8 the rainbow road is a joke on 200cc. i always played wii and when my little bro invited me to 8 a couple of days ago we did some 150cc stuff and i was constantly 1st then he put it to 200cc and i went straight to 10-12th XD

Isn't kart 8 rainbow road really boring as its just a linear rainbow coloured track with the rock face things? Mario kart wii rainbow road was amazing.
Original post by Vikingninja
Isn't kart 8 rainbow road really boring as its just a linear rainbow coloured track with the rock face things? Mario kart wii rainbow road was amazing.

you're thinking of SNES rainbow road, that appeared in 7 again. Definitely not the most boring, the original N64 was just a load of straight lines and a couple of sharp turns.

Yeah the wii one was amazing! it's a little similar in terms of difficult-ish turns though. the new one isn't stupidly difficult in general, with enough time u master it, but imagine doing the wii one extra fast, that's a tad bit easier imo :smile:

but yeah, wii and DS were my favourite, both because i grew up with them but wii is in general pretty cool
Original post by Toasticide
you're thinking of SNES rainbow road, that appeared in 7 again. Definitely not the most boring, the original N64 was just a load of straight lines and a couple of sharp turns.

Yeah the wii one was amazing! it's a little similar in terms of difficult-ish turns though. the new one isn't stupidly difficult in general, with enough time u master it, but imagine doing the wii one extra fast, that's a tad bit easier imo :smile:

but yeah, wii and DS were my favourite, both because i grew up with them but wii is in general pretty cool

The hardest thing on the Wii was getting mii outfit B because of the ghost map, the time on that was a nightmare, that was the only time trial I didn't complete on a good enough time to get it.
Original post by Vikingninja
The hardest thing on the Wii was getting mii outfit B because of the ghost map, the time on that was a nightmare, that was the only time trial I didn't complete on a good enough time to get it.

ah, the memories of wondering how the hell you could produce blue sparks and get "infinite boosts".
i tried to beat the ghost data on many levels, but it took years until i figured out what manual mode was :P

Quick Reply

Latest