The Student Room Group

Customer Service Consultant -HMRC (044R)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
Original post by Sssun
Same start date as me but at a different location. Did they actually mention that it's felxitime to you? I think in June you will get a full months money, the last week of May and all of June apart from the last week of June as that will roll into july

We definitely get flexitime. Job application mentions it, as well as the government website, and a lot of my interview at HMRC went over the practicalities of it :smile:
Reply 1321
Original post by Bethxparkinson
What department are you in? I've been given 5th June as my start date for Manchester and got that offer 2 weeks ago

I think I'm PT but I haven't been told that, I'm waiting for more information still about the start.
Reply 1322
Champion. They didn't mention it to me and the way I read it it was gonna be fixed shifts.
just got an email from them.the changed my office now at the new building in bradford interchange
Original post by Nas08
They take about 7-10 days before sending u pre-employement check docs

Thanks for the reply, did you get a email back after accepting the provisional offer just to confirm your acceptance? I didn't get anything after accepting so I'm a bit worried
Original post by Sssun
Champion. They didn't mention it to me and the way I read it it was gonna be fixed shifts.

I think they just make sure that you are aware of any eventuality regarding shifts, if they need to change them at any time, they are covered as we were advised.
Original post by jackie0122
Thanks for the reply, did you get a email back after accepting the provisional offer just to confirm your acceptance? I didn't get anything after accepting so I'm a bit worried

It goes quiet for a while, don't worry. A lot of us had to chase them but they will come back to you.
Original post by anisajazz
just got an email from them.the changed my office now at the new building in bradford interchange

Oh crikey, is that an issue for you?
Original post by Ladynevertells
Oh crikey, is that an issue for you?

no thank god its closer than other office and nicer
Reply 1329
Original post by Fontaine1990
ah thats cool and guessing cus i start on that same week will have to wait till the lst working day of may might get a bit extra
hows it going on your 2nd week

Yeah 2nd week is going great its going faster than 1st week. Seeing how live calls are taken as well as general knowledge stuff listening skills, question skills etc basically how to talk to a customer.
Reply 1330
Original post by Sssun
No just working on the theory that like most places you work " a week in hand". Someone on this thread confirmed you could see your pay online a week before you get paid, that would work along the line of what I think

Yeah supposedly that was what was mentioned that should be able to see wage slip before get the wage in our bank account.
no thank god its closer than other office and nicer

Oh good
Just recieved email from hmrc gt formal offer for dates 8th or 23nd may or 5th and 19th June may take the later 1 could fit in a nice holiday before sratrting 😂
Original post by Nas08
Just recieved email from hmrc gt formal offer for dates 8th or 23nd may or 5th and 19th June may take the later 1 could fit in a nice holiday before sratrting 😂

Woop yh go on holiday lol.im at the other office now at intetchange they changed it yestaday
Original post by Nas08

Did it say which department u r in however i think the date u choose will indicate what department u in.8may will be personal tax
Reply 1335
For anyone who has started have they mentioned loans for travel season tickets? Oh and what's the food like in the canteen? Ha
Did it say which department u r in however i think the date u choose will indicate what department u in.8may will be personal tax

No mention of dept gonna go for the 5th June start
Original post by Nas08

Well done! Get yourself on holiday!
If you go into the HMRC portal it should give you a clue to what work stream you are going to be in. I.e. Mine says 044RPEC PT (PT meaning personal tax) That's fits with what I have been told my role is as a personal tax customer consultant. Just an FYI. 😊
Original post by Ladynevertells
If you go into the HMRC portal it should give you a clue to what work stream you are going to be in. I.e. Mine says 044RPEC PT (PT meaning personal tax) That's fits with what I have been told my role is as a personal tax customer consultant. Just an FYI. 😊

Mine mentioned PT too, but I ended up being offered a role in debt management 🤔

Quick Reply

Latest