The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WoodyMKC
I just find it funny that whenever @ozzyoscy is having a disagreement with someone, @Neverdie is always there to have his back :rofl: Cosmic...

Also. PRSOM.
Mackay, I'm noting the odd convenience that suddenly a load of dead, inactive accounts have come back to life to either defend you or just derail the thread with spam.
Original post by ozzyoscy
Mackay, I'm noting the odd convenience that suddenly a load of dead, inactive accounts have come back to life to either defend you or just derail the thread with spam.

I'm noting a pleb who takes insecurities out on other people and has an alt to help him with his rubbish.

"Everything I disagree with is spam." and you've already derailed the thread but you normally do when someone says something you disagree with.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5963

I don't have the motivation or inclination to do that. Get the mods to check IP addresses.
Original post by Mackay
I don't have the motivation or inclination to do that. Get the mods to check IP addresses.

You write big old articles after every show even though you know no one reads them and have 26,000 posts, what don't you have the motivation and inclination for?
You write big old articles after every show even though you know no one reads them and have 26,000 posts, what don't you have the motivation and inclination for?

You attack people for "derailing the thread." but when some guy puts his time and effort into keeping it alive, you still insult them.

Does nothing please you?
Geez I forgot Longshot replies to every post I make like a psychotic stalker. I doubt they're full of humility and friendliness anyway. (Cue reply...)
Reply 5967
What an odd, odd episode of SmackDown. Jinder Mahal won a No. 1 Contender Match for the WWE Championship, beating Mojo Rawley, Dolph Ziggler, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan and Sami Zayn. The six-man match was good, despite its emphasis on midcarders, and I couldn't see Mahal going over. On Talking Smack, he cut an impassioned promo - and he's much improved, in good shape and clearly developing his character. But a Mahal vs Randy Orton match just cannot be PPV. It's a joke of a main event, really, and I hope it happens on SmackDown rather than Backlash. Orton's reign is floundering, and a programme with Mahal won't help that.

It wasn't the only shock of the night, either. We saw Epico and Primo - reverting to their Colons gimmick, rather than The Shining Stars - get a win over American Alpha. I've complained about the bottom-rung teams needing some momentum and in desperate need of being built up, so this was a welcome change. In much better action was the main event, which saw AJ Styles beat Baron Corbin via count-out. The ending was hardly the best way to finish SmackDown, but it protects Corbin - who Dave Meltzer says, alongside Shinsuke Nakamura, will be in the main event picture through summer. Styles picking up the win was also the right call, and we saw Kevin Owens on commentary after his US Open Challenge saw him get a win over the unknown Gary Gandy. This shtick has plenty of potential - and could result in Owens getting a nasty surprise by facing a real challenger one week. I hope they keep feeding him jobbers for a few weeks, though.

The only other segment of note was the opening one, which saw Charlotte demand a championship opportunity, before she went over and beat Naomi later in the night, affording her such opportunity next week on SmackDown. The two gelled well in the ring and it was a solid bout, with the opening promo from Charlotte displaying what she'll bring to the blue brand. Disappointingly, there was a severe lack of Shinsuke Nakamura and Tye Dillinger, which was a shame.

On 205 Live, we saw Akira Tozawa beat Tony Nese, after The Brian Kendrick tried to interfere. Nese beat Kendrick down after the bell, hinting at a babyface turn (which is a loose term, considering his character is barely developed enough for anybody to care whether he's face/heel). Elsewhere, Ariya Daivari picked up a win over Mustafa Ali after Drew Gulak appeared imploring the latter not to do any high-flying moves, in a continuation of his new character shtick. In the main event, Austin Aries beat TJ Perkins, but Perkins and Neville then beat down the babyface post-match in a brilliant heel development. The duo looked relentless and horrible, and it was great to see. Much better than the continuing Alicia Fox storyline, anyway, which earlier in the show saw Rich Swann explain why he was sending her presents. Fox eventually broke up with Noam Dar, before Swann revealed he was doing it for Cedric Alexande ("Remember him? You broke his heart!"). Pah.
Nakamura's probably going to have to wait until after the first PPV for his first feud
Reply 5969
Original post by AR_95
Nakamura's probably going to have to wait until after the first PPV for his first feud

Yeah, Ziggler seems a throwaway thing made for SmackDown, rather than PPV-worthy.

Apparently Jinder got the W last night because WWE are big on expanding the Indian market.
SD booking makes perfect sense because of Easter and chocolate eggs...

...it was a Jinder Surprise.

(Also Jinder's shot won't happen, it's shock value booking they can afford because they're losing the World title for a couple months, Jinder will be put in the MITB and lose, then complain every week about his shot before being squashed ala Slater.)
Jinder can easily be a very hot heel though, and should really be going for one of the smaller titles instead, but it doesn't make sense if Owens is already there I guess.

Funny how the Intercontinental and United states champion belts have more prestige then the current main titles on both shows.
Reply 5972
Original post by AR_95
Jinder can easily be a very hot heel though

A formation of a stable - if Mahal is to be the leader and the Bollywood Boyz his cronies - could really help this. Similar to JBL and the Cabinet in 2004, when a perennial midcarder was elevated and drew heat.
Original post by Mackay
A formation of a stable - if Mahal is to be the leader and the Bollywood Boyz his cronies - could really help this. Similar to JBL and the Cabinet in 2004, when a perennial midcarder was elevated and drew heat.

In addition to JBL being boring as hell, his cabinet was Orlando Jordan and the Basham Brothers. It was like an experiment on if you can get the most generic, boring guys together and see if it failed.

Jinder was booed heavily, but they're the same boos that Eva Marie or one of the Ascension would've got had they won.
It's clear that Jinder was a business decision from the get go. But The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the foreign main event heel spot may have been Rusev's, if he wasn't injured.
Reply 5975
Original post by Phildjm
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the foreign main event heel spot may have been Rusev's, if he wasn't injured.

Jinder being the leader of a stable would go some way to make up for his perennial poor booking, I feel. The Bollywood Boyz are great in-ring workers, too, and could potentially add depth to the tag division. I wonder if Ariya Daivari will also be recruited? If WWE wants to turn Jinder into an aristocrat-type heel, like Alberto del Rio, then having Daivari in the stable (after he arrived on 205 Live in a flash car bragging about his wealth this week) and having the quartet flaunt their lavish lifestyles, rather than going down the "you hate me because I speak different languages!" route would be ideal.
Original post by Mackay
Jinder being the leader of a stable would go some way to make up for his perennial poor booking, I feel. The Bollywood Boyz are great in-ring workers, too, and could potentially add depth to the tag division. I wonder if Ariya Daivari will also be recruited? If WWE wants to turn Jinder into an aristocrat-type heel, like Alberto del Rio, then having Daivari in the stable (after he arrived on 205 Live in a flash car bragging about his wealth this week) and having the quartet flaunt their lavish lifestyles, rather than going down the "you hate me because I speak different languages!" route would be ideal.

Completely agree with this - a stable would be great. Speaking of potential members, The Bollywood Boys accompanied NXT talent Jeet Rama (of Indian descent) in a dark match last night at the NXT tapings
Reply 5977
Original post by Phildjm
Completely agree with this - a stable would be great. Speaking of potential members, The Bollywood Boys accompanied NXT talent Jeet Rama (of Indian descent) in a dark match last night at the NXT tapings

Good spot - full story here: https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=jeet+rama&tbm=nws

Intriguing stuff! Rumour has it WWE is taking the long-route with AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura, and wants them to go head-to-head at Mania next year. That's great news if so. They very rarely plan for the long-term, but this would be possibly the finest Mania match in a decade.
Original post by Mackay

Intriguing stuff! Rumour has it WWE is taking the long-route with AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura, and wants them to go head-to-head at Mania next year. That's great news if so. They very rarely plan for the long-term, but this would be possibly the finest Mania match in a decade.

Potential match of the year if Wrestle Kingdom doesn't top it.
Reply 5979
Shelton Benjamin has confirmed he never signed with WWE via Twitter - and says he isn't set to appear. That's a big blow, if true, but is it a swerve? WWE publicised him a few months ago with vignettes, and he was reportedly in the developmental territory trying to get fit for a few weeks, so wouldn't surprise me if he turns up on SmackDown over the next month or so.

Quick Reply

Latest