The Student Room Group

Applying for 2 courses at 1 uni?!

Is it possible to apply to one Uni for 2 different courses? I am hoping to study medicine but I also want to have a 'back-up' option of a biomedical (or something similar) course just incase I don't get the grades I need to get into medicine. Does anyone know if this is possible?!
It is
Reply 2
Original post by Millie17_
Is it possible to apply to one Uni for 2 different courses? I am hoping to study medicine but I also want to have a 'back-up' option of a biomedical (or something similar) course just incase I don't get the grades I need to get into medicine. Does anyone know if this is possible?!

Yes. I know one guy who got is medicine offer but not biomed at same uni!
Pretty sure you can do this anywhere except Oxbridge (who specifically say that you can't with the exception of medicine and grad medicine).
Yes, they don't have any restrictions on that kind of thing. It's always good to have a back up option :smile:

Are you proposing to apply for both medicine and biomedicine at the same university?
Reply 6
Original post by DogeOfDisaproval
It is

ok thank you :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by SGHD26716
Yes. I know one guy who got is medicine offer but not biomed at same uni!

Ah ok thank you!!
Reply 8
Original post by artful_lounger
Pretty sure you can do this anywhere except Oxbridge (who specifically say that you can't with the exception of medicine and grad medicine).

oh yes I remember reading that somewhere thank you!! I was thinking of Imperial or QML maybe?! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by hamsterface2000
Yes, they don't have any restrictions on that kind of thing. It's always good to have a back up option :smile:

Phew aha thank you!! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Reality Check
Are you proposing to apply for both medicine and biomedicine at the same university?

Yes but not at Oxford as it isn't possible! :0
Yes but not at Oxford as it isn't possible! :0

Are you planning on applying to Oxford to do medicine then?
oh yes I remember reading that somewhere thank you!! I was thinking of Imperial or QML maybe?! :smile:

QML are probably happy for you to do it. Imperial should be fine but sometimes they get a little big for their boots so...maybe, maybe not. That said Imperial have quite high competition ratios and entry requirements, so as a "backup" QML might be a little more prudent :tongue:
Reply 13
Original post by artful_lounger
QML are probably happy for you to do it. Imperial should be fine but sometimes they get a little big for their boots so...maybe, maybe not. That said Imperial have quite high competition ratios and entry requirements, so as a "backup" QML might be a little more prudent :tongue:

ahh ok thank you!! I didn't know that, so I will bear it in mind when choosing back-up courses!! :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Reality Check
Are you planning on applying to Oxford to do medicine then?

Yes!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending