The Student Room Group

IBM graduate matching process 2017

Scroll to see replies

No I don't know anyone else who applied sadly. We can't be the only ones though..
I only know one other person who is in the same situation. I've heard of people in previous years waiting over a year ( obvs by this time they had found other jobs).
Reply 22
I passed my assessment centre for a technology placement in Hursley and got the email stating this on the 14th of February. Since then I have been offered two job roles
Hey, that's great! Have you accepted either of them?

Is this for a placement rather than a graduate job then? When are you starting?
Hello, Have any of you been invited for an interview yet? I received my email today.
Original post by 2017student
Hello, Have any of you been invited for an interview yet? I received my email today.

Is that the interview after the assessment centre?
Yes, it is after the assessment centre.
Original post by 2017student
Yes, it is after the assessment centre.

I'm still waiting to hear back :frown: What did you apply for and when was your assessment centre?
I applied for a business role and my assessment centre was on 12/04/2017 at Southbank.
Reply 29
I've been told we should hear back by the end of May, I guess it's something! Hopefully sooner now they've started offering roles. Fingers crossed!

Original post by bluebaboon33
I'm still waiting to hear back :frown: What did you apply for and when was your assessment centre?
Original post by Electra3
I've been told we should hear back by the end of May, I guess it's something! Hopefully sooner now they've started offering roles. Fingers crossed!

Yes, fingers crossed! It does seem to be the most drawn out process ever though.

I hope that is the case too! Where did you hear this out of interest? I have emailed the graduate assessment people a few times but I always get pretty much the same email back
Reply 32
I was told through an email from the grad recruitment team after emailing them about something, I'm assuming it doesn't just apply for me and that they will have allocated all roles by end of May! Will keep you updated :smile:

Original post by bluebaboon33
I hope that is the case too! Where did you hear this out of interest? I have emailed the graduate assessment people a few times but I always get pretty much the same email back
Anyone else had any news?

We have had another update that there are still waiting on managers, but told us to look for other jobs in case approvals didn't come through.

Feeling quite gutted as I've missed quite a few oppurtunities now.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by throwmeaway123

We have had another update that there are still waiting on managers, but told us to look for other jobs in case approvals didn't come through.

No news on my part unfortunately. I sent them an email yesterday asking them to confirm that my application was still under review despite the jobs portal saying 'No application status' and hoped they might give me some extra information on potential timelines, but aside from confirming I was still under review I didn't get anything extra.

The automatic reply did say that they were running assessment centres yesterday and today, but I don't know what positions they were for. If they're for software developer schemes that might explain why we've not heard anything, and given applications only closed at the end of March that's not out of the question.

I got told something similar too - they don't have approval of 'the business' to offer any more jobs right now. They said the approvals might come through but they don't know for sure yet.
Reply 36
Hope you guys are more successful than I have been... Been waiting since the 5th of December after the AC without applying to any other companies to find out my application has been closed out and I cannot receive any feedback either. Angry is an understatement. Now it's too late to apply elsewhere and my life is basically over. :frown:

good luck guys
Hope you guys are more successful than I have been... Been waiting since the 5th of December after the AC without applying to any other companies to find out my application has been closed out and I cannot receive any feedback either. Angry is an understatement. Now it's too late to apply elsewhere and my life is basically over. :frown:

good luck guys

Holy pants, so you were in matching and they just decided to take you out of it for no reason?
I thought you stayed in matching indefinetly until they offered you a job. A friend of mine knows someone who was in matching for a year and 3 months before she was offered a post.

good luck guys

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that :frown: I've been applying to a couple of other jobs over the last few days, so I wouldn't lose hope, there are definitely jobs still out there, maybe a bit harder to find now, but they are available.
Reply 39
Holy pants, so you were in matching and they just decided to take you out of it for no reason?
I thought you stayed in matching indefinetly until they offered you a job. A friend of mine knows someone who was in matching for a year and 3 months before she was offered a post.

That's what I thought too.. I know they say finding a role isn't definite but they basically implied in my AC that if you pass as long as you don't screw up the final interview you've basically got a job. Alas no... Just such a waste of the last half a year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending