The Student Room Group

Is my best friend actually disrespectful using my house like a hotel.

my best friend of 12 years recently invited a guy to my house every day this week he has been here because he lives an hour from her and sadly im a pushover because she only asked once he had left and simply would hate me if i said no , i said yes on one condition that hes respectful and u dont disturb me doing college work, she said i was rude for sitting im my room doing my work and rudely said i should work in the room they were in not bothered to argue i did as to where i have gotten nothing done due to them constantly making noise and making me uncomfitable, to make it worse they said theyd never do anything in the house as they think its disrespectful however this morning i walk pass the door to hear what i dont want to even know about.:innocent:all i said is i told u i could hear everything in the house , she hasnt said anthing back yet as it was via text me not wanting to go in the room, just to add this is my family home with my mum and mums bf in another bedroom.:innocent:I don't like arguing with her because she's the type that blames everything on me she makes me feel so guilty for saying no and I just give in now , am I over reacting when I did tell her none of that :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: in my home because this is my family home it makes me uncomfortable and don't like being forced to try and drown out the sound with headphones feel like she's using me like a hotel because she cant take people home to her house and she hasn't been round my house without him for a long while now she also decided to roll a joint in my house with him while I was asleep the other day we couldn't get rid of the smell of weed. shes a very self centred person but am I overreacting ???
Original post by zara21842
my best friend of 12 years recently invited a guy to my house every day this week he has been here because he lives an hour from her and sadly im a pushover because she only asked once he had left and simply would hate me if i said no , i said yes on one condition that hes respectful and u dont disturb me doing college work, she said i was rude for sitting im my room doing my work and rudely said i should work in the room they were in not bothered to argue i did as to where i have gotten nothing done due to them constantly making noise and making me uncomfitable, to make it worse they said theyd never do anything in the house as they think its disrespectful however this morning i walk pass the door to hear what i dont want to even know about.:innocent:all i said is i told u i could hear everything in the house , she hasnt said anthing back yet as it was via text me not wanting to go in the room, just to add this is my family home with my mum and mums bf in another bedroom.:innocent:I don't like arguing with her because she's the type that blames everything on me she makes me feel so guilty for saying no and I just give in now , am I over reacting when I did tell her none of that :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: in my home because this is my family home it makes me uncomfortable and don't like being forced to try and drown out the sound with headphones feel like she's using me like a hotel because she cant take people home to her house and she hasn't been round my house without him for a long while now she also decided to roll a joint in my house with him while I was asleep the other day we couldn't get rid of the smell of weed. shes a very self centred person but am I overreacting ???

Try writing in full sentences.
Its not their house and they should be respectful.
It is up to you whether you permit them to stay. If they do nothing and contribute nothing, then it looks like they will continue to abuse your hospitality.
You should speak to her, but ofc if you ask him to leave , then your friend will fall out with you. That is your choice though.

If it were me, then I would suggest her friend get a hotel. Give them a couple of days to sort it out. Are you prepared for the confrontation? Your friend is taking advantage. You are letting her. Maybe you need to decide what sort of friend she is and whether you want that.
No you're not overreacting. You need to blunt with her or she will keep trying to take advantage.
Btw if someone had smoked a joint after I had asked them not to, then they would be out. Be prepared for an ex friend.
Reply 4
Have you spoken to your mum about this. I presume it is actually her house not yours. Get her to lay down some rules - friends only stay not partners and no drugs of any kind inside the house.

To me that is not much of a friend to abuse your friendship like that. She needs a reality check!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending