The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Physics - Electronics Module

Was wondering if anyone is doing the Electronics Module for A-Level Physics? It's new for this year and seems like an unpopular choice; anyone?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Amusing Elk so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by TheTechnoGuy
Was wondering if anyone is doing the Electronics Module for A-Level Physics? It's new for this year and seems like an unpopular choice; anyone?

im doing it
Original post by ace-master
im doing it

Nice! Finally found someone doing it How you finding it? Have you had previous experience in electronics.
Nice! Finally found someone doing it How you finding it? Have you had previous experience in electronics.

I'm finding it hard. I did AS Electronics
how are you finding it? how are you revising for it? and have you got any past paper apart from specimen paper?
I'm finding it hard. I did AS Electronics
how are you finding it? how are you revising for it? and have you got any past paper apart from specimen paper?

I'm finding it alright; but because there isn't any model answers; it's quite hard to write mark-scheme perfect answers.

I've used past papers from the electronics AS/ A level and also the very old spec has some electronics questions; some of which are available here ( http://umutech.net/past_papers.html ) if you scroll all the way down.

I've been using a combination of university lecture notes, an electronics component book and also the Collins revision guide.

I can send you past paper packs if you want, separated into topics such as Op-Amps, Analog SP, Digital SP etc if you're interested.

Nice to know someone else is doing it too. I haven't found anyone studying it so thought it might be an unpopular choice since everyone usually hates AS Electricity
I'm finding it alright; but because there isn't any model answers; it's quite hard to write mark-scheme perfect answers.

I've used past papers from the electronics AS/ A level and also the very old spec has some electronics questions; some of which are available here ( http://umutech.net/past_papers.html ) if you scroll all the way down.

I've been using a combination of university lecture notes, an electronics component book and also the Collins revision guide.

I can send you past paper packs if you want, separated into topics such as Op-Amps, Analog SP, Digital SP etc if you're interested.

Nice to know someone else is doing it too. I haven't found anyone studying it so thought it might be an unpopular choice since everyone usually hates AS Electricity

I have been using a website called kerboodle, its ok but i think it misses some of the content and has things that are relevant.
have you done the specimen paper yet?
Also, can you send me the past paper packs
I've attached them. Just ignore the first question; it's always a thermionic emission question; must be a bug in ExamPro.

I've done the hidden Specimen paper and also the one on the AQA Site

Good Luck
I've attached them. Just ignore the first question; it's always a thermionic emission question; must be a bug in ExamPro.

I've done the hidden Specimen paper and also the one on the AQA Site

Good Luck

How did you find them? i found the one on AQAs site alright apart from the 6 marker question about the copper and optical fibre.
have you got access to the hidden specimen paper?
How did you find them? i found the one on AQAs site alright apart from the 6 marker question about the copper and optical fibre.
have you got access to the hidden specimen paper?

My Physics teacher gave the hidden paper as a mock a few months back. I'll PM you a link to where you can download it. I found the one on the AQA website quite nice too, need to brush up on my written questions ie the 6 marker. The hidden paper was quite easy to be honest. Usually specimen papers are quite hard so maybe this exam might not be a night mare after all :smile:
My Physics teacher gave the hidden paper as a mock a few months back. I'll PM you a link to where you can download it. I found the one on the AQA website quite nice too, need to brush up on my written questions ie the 6 marker. The hidden paper was quite easy to be honest. Usually specimen papers are quite hard so maybe this exam might not be a night mare after all :smile:

Have you got any notes on the comparisons between different communications links and time division multiplexing?
im really struggling on these hope the 6 marker is not on them.
Have you got any notes on the comparisons between different communications links and time division multiplexing?
im really struggling on these hope the 6 marker is not on them.

I see what you mean. I feel like it will be a 6 mark on Time Division Multiplexing since that's a very; heavily theoretical topic.

I've sent you a PM for some resources for these :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest