The Student Room Group

A2 resit

I'm hoping to get into my preferred uni but I was wondering what the situation is with resits due to the reform of A levels. If I do not achieve the required grades for the uni I wish to study at and do not wish to go to a lower ranked uni is it possible for me to resit in 2018 with the current year 12's who will then be in year 13, or would I have to resit starting from Year 12 with the current Year 11 students.
Original post by Samir455
I'm hoping to get into my preferred uni but I was wondering what the situation is with resits due to the reform of A levels. If I do not achieve the required grades for the uni I wish to study at and do not wish to go to a lower ranked uni is it possible for me to resit in 2018 with the current year 12's who will then be in year 13, or would I have to resit starting from Year 12 with the current Year 11 students.

You may not be accepted back at school for study but
If you are taking modular A2 for the first time this year then resit exams will be available next year.
If you are taking linear exams this year then you could pay to retake the year 13 linear exams as a private candidate at your school or elsewhere after a year of self study.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
I assume you mean that you are taking A levels this year?

This is from the OCR website, but as it quotes Ofqual the same should apply to all boards:

'Following their public consultation, Ofqual has published their consultation outcome regarding resits for ‘legacy’ GCSE, AS and A Levels that will be expiring as part of the reform of general qualifications. We would like to explain what this means for centres and students taking ‘legacy’ OCR GCSE, AS and A Levels.

AS and A Levels

The consultation confirms students taking ‘legacy’ AS and A Levels in the last scheduled sitting will have the opportunity to resit these qualifications. Resits will:

Take place in the June series after the final assessment opportunity
Be available in all ‘legacy’ AS and A Level subjects
Be available for all AS and A2 units (including coursework units).
Therefore, in subjects where new qualifications were introduced for first teaching in September 2015 and 2016, the resit opportunities for the OCR ‘legacy’ AS and A Levels will be as follows:

(Sorry, can't format table as using phone, but but this is the link: http://www.ocr.org.uk/administration/support-and-tools/siu/legacy-resit-arrangements-040516/)

*To confirm which specifications are available from each year, see our Qual Change Planner.

**The final assessment arrangements for 'less taught' languages are available in a separate update.

The following rules apply to students wishing to take resits in these qualifications:

Resits will only be available to those students who have taken the qualification previously (either with OCR or another awarding body) or who had planned to take the qualification (but were not entered due to illness, injury or some other event outside of their control).
Students will be able to carry forward the results from or resit each unit.'

Quick Reply

Latest