The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation - Raleigh Park

Scroll to see replies

Retardis, could you please take a picture of block 6/a raleigh park map so I can work out where the room is? And would you be able to find out if it is a 4 or 6 person flat? cheers m8
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Also, when were you able to move in?
Original post by Peter784
Also, when were you able to move in?

It will be the weekend before freshers week starts :smile:
Reply 23
Retardis, could you please take a picture of block 6/a raleigh park map so I can work out where the room is? And would you be able to find out if it is a 4 or 6 person flat? cheers m8

Screenshot_2017-04-18-17-49-01.png

I'm not there at the moment but you can always ring and ask, they are very helpful. Normally, ensuite are 4 room flats and shared are 6. Hope this helps
Original post by fefssdf
It will be the weekend before freshers week starts :smile:

Original post by retardis
Screenshot_2017-04-18-17-49-01.png

I'm not there at the moment but you can always ring and ask, they are very helpful. Normally, ensuite are 4 room flats and shared are 6. Hope this helps

You sir are an absolute legend! You have been monumentally helpful!
Retardis do you know anything about St Peters court and how it is like compared to Broadgate park or raleigh park?
Reply 26
Original post by Lucky987
Retardis do you know anything about St Peters court and how it is like compared to Broadgate park or raleigh park?

I don't know too much about it really so I'm afraid I can't help you there. I would say it's the same as Raleigh but further but I know some might disagree. Raleigh and St. Peter's tend to do a lot of nights out/formals together if that helps.
I don't know too much about it really so I'm afraid I can't help you there. I would say it's the same as Raleigh but further but I know some might disagree. Raleigh and St. Peter's tend to do a lot of nights out/formals together if that helps.

Hey whats the biggest difference Between House and Flat at Raleigh Park?
Reply 28
Hi there,
I have a standard ensuite room available for the next academic year (17/18).

It is in a flat with three other girls who share a big kitchen.
5min walk to Jubilee campus
30sec walk to bus stops taking you to university park campus or the city centre (you could also walk)
LIDL, GREGGS, Dominos, Subways, other take away shops just across the street
Tesco and Sainsbury within a few minutes walking distance
-> everything you need and more =)

Reception staff and security are very friendly and helpful.
Raleigh park does a lot a events especially in the beginning of the year and also together with other accommodations like Nottingham Two, St Peters court etc. So no worries, you won't miss out! :wink:

I have stayed here for this academic year and really liked it, therefore confirmed the place for the next academic year but now I am going to move in with a friend and need to find someone to take over the lease starting this September.

If anyone is interested give me a shout!
Best, Lisa
Original post by Ptc92
Hi there,
I have a standard ensuite room available for the next academic year (17/18).

It is in a flat with three other girls who share a big kitchen.
5min walk to Jubilee campus
30sec walk to bus stops taking you to university park campus or the city centre (you could also walk)
LIDL, GREGGS, Dominos, Subways, other take away shops just across the street
Tesco and Sainsbury within a few minutes walking distance
-> everything you need and more =)

Reception staff and security are very friendly and helpful.
Raleigh park does a lot a events especially in the beginning of the year and also together with other accommodations like Nottingham Two, St Peters court etc. So no worries, you won't miss out! :wink:

I have stayed here for this academic year and really liked it, therefore confirmed the place for the next academic year but now I am going to move in with a friend and need to find someone to take over the lease starting this September.

If anyone is interested give me a shout!
Best, Lisa

Hi I have a few questions :smile:

Was your course on UP or Jubilee?

Did you ever feel cut off from the rest of campus by not staying on UP?

Which have you heard better things about Raleigh or Broadgate?

Reply 30
Hi,

my course was/is in UP only. Never had any courses in Jubilee.

Never really felt cut off from the rest of campus, because lots of my friends are staying around here.

Personally I have heard better about RP than Broadgate (a bit more run down), but that can also just be personal experience
Original post by Ptc92
Hi,

my course was/is in UP only. Never had any courses in Jubilee.

Never really felt cut off from the rest of campus, because lots of my friends are staying around here.

Personally I have heard better about RP than Broadgate (a bit more run down), but that can also just be personal experience

Thank you :smile: that was very helpful. One last question, whats the difference between a standard or standard plus vs a house I can't seem to find anything mentioning houses but it is an option when I'm applying
Reply 32
Original post by Aidan.reed
Thank you :smile: that was very helpful. One last question, whats the difference between a standard or standard plus vs a house I can't seem to find anything mentioning houses but it is an option when I'm applying

Houses just have a different layout, some rooms are upstairs whereas with a flat all rooms are on one floor. The type of room standard/standard plus are the exact same
Houses just have a different layout, some rooms are upstairs whereas with a flat all rooms are on one floor. The type of room standard/standard plus are the exact same

Are there more people in a house than a flat ?

Thanks for your help!
Are there more people in a house than a flat ?

Thanks for your help!

Houses have 6 people which is the same as a standard flat
Reply 35
ensuite flats are only four people
Quick question, how kitted out are the kitchen? Like will I need everything like saucepans, plates, and bowls?
Quick question, how kitted out are the kitchen? Like will I need everything like saucepans, plates, and bowls?

No you need to bring all them yourself. You get a fridge, freezer, sink, hob, oven, bin, cupboard space.
No you need to bring all them yourself. You get a fridge, freezer, sink, hob, oven, bin, cupboard space.

Pretty sure they said you get a kettle, microwave and toaster as well FYI! :smile:
Any current uni of nottingham students considering living here next year ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending