The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thanbir.33
that's the thing about the acceptance of god. we take him to be the beginning where everything started. however with the big bang theory; something or the other collided causing an explosion which expanded into today's universe so before this what was there
and anyways the concept of the big bang theory can be incorporated into religion.
in the quran, god's word is poetic he fasioned the universe so why can't be possible to fasion it through the big bang theory.
besides something completely irrelevant is that einstein one of the most renowned scientist also agreed to the idea of a superior being

Einstein found the idea of a personal god (and Allah is one of those) childish and ridiculous. And what scientists believe about God doesn't necessarily have any bearing on the truth. Most modern scientists are atheists.
that's the thing about the acceptance of god. we take him to be the beginning where everything started. however with the big bang theory; something or the other collided causing an explosion which expanded into today's universe so before this what was there
and anyways the concept of the big bang theory can be incorporated into religion.
in the quran, god's word is poetic he fasioned the universe so why can't be possible to fasion it through the big bang theory.
besides something completely irrelevant is that einstein one of the most renowned scientist also agreed to the idea of a superior being

So something must have been before the Big Bang but it makes sense for nothing to have created God? Why does the former make less sense than the latter? You may take Him to be beginning but you use the argument that the Big Bang couldn't have occurred from 'nothing'(whatever 'nothing' may be)... Therefore, using your very own logic, God can't exist... You believe in it, yes, but your own logic defies you.

Your Einstein point is irrelevant and as the above poster stated - most scientists are atheists anyway.
There is no logical possibility of whatsoever to explain creation of universe as god's doing, which means that any attempt to explain the universe with god is hopelessly impossible.

As every educated person who do not believes what their want to believe for their comfort, all orthodox religious books contain lots of massive mistakes in factual description of world, and logical mistakes as well. Add to that, that neither the Bible or Quran do not contain any reliable evidence, nor any usefull tips about logic, or universe, while some officially human created works do contain many usefull informations- a mean Greek and Indian works on logic, maths, astronomy etc. Moreover monotheist religions exclusively lead to religious conflics, which is more disturbing than suporting.

Some people wish this very much to be true, but this doesn't in fact explain anything. According to the Big Bang theory, our universe grown rapidly from a point- cumulated energy. Adding god to this, makes no sense for reasons mentioned in previous posts. Surely, one may try to addopt this to religion, but only if the one ignores the actual text of orthodox books.

And even If we treat the Big Bang as tine clue for existance of some superior being, I suggest that one should rather explore the Parmenides'es of Elea work, and eventually pray to him, since his work is much closer to the Big Bang theory, than any religious description.
It's a little quiet in here, have all the ex-muslims reverted back to the beautiful faith of Islam?!
Original post by The_Mediocre_One
It's a little quiet in here, have all the ex-muslims reverted back to the beautiful faith of Islam?!

LOL JK All religions are horse crap!

Speak to me oh enlightened one!
Original post by angelike1
Speak to me oh enlightened one!

I believe there's been a case of mistaken identity for I am the mediocre one.

Having said that I haven't been on TSR for a while due to the fact that I'm busy with other endeavours however I do miss debating religious people on here, especially the iSoc crew.

Am I correct to assume you're an ex-Muslim? If so are you still in the closet?
I believe there's been a case of mistaken identity for I am the mediocre one.

Having said that I haven't been on TSR for a while due to the fact that I'm busy with other endeavours however I do miss debating religious people on here, especially the iSoc crew.

Am I correct to assume you're an ex-Muslim? If so are you still in the closet?

No I'm no ex-Muslim. I just saw this on the "Lates Discussions" tab.

Are you in the closet? :holmes:
No I'm no ex-Muslim. I just saw this on the "Lates Discussions" tab.

Are you in the closet? :holmes:

"Oh god" yeah! Deep in the closet.

Are you an atheist?
"Oh god" yeah! Deep in the closet.

Are you an atheist?

Uni?

Not sure. Most likely agnostic.
Uni?

Not sure. Most likely agnostic.

No, I'm working now. I've been done with uni for a while now.

I'd say I sit in the agnostic atheist bracket. No rational human could completely rule out the possibility of a sadistic god actually existing and deliberately placing many deceptive indications which all point to him/her/it not existing, hence only convincing and gaining the affection of mostly irrational, uneducated and poor members of society.

Were you brought up in a religious household?
(edited 6 years ago)
No, I'm working now. I've been done with uni for a while now.

I'd say I sit in the agnostic atheist bracket. No rational human could completely rule out the possibility of a sadistic god actually existing and deliberately placing many deceptive indications which all point to him/her/it not existing, hence only convincing and gaining the affection of mostly irrational, uneducated and poor members of society.

Were you brought up in a religious household?

Hmm... so when are you planning to come out?

Neither the possibility of a deistic God, or a personal God whom doesn't care whether you believe in it or not.

Nope.
Hmm... so when are you planning to come out?

Neither the possibility of a deistic God, or a personal God whom doesn't care whether you believe in it or not.

Nope.

Precisely never! Lol
Precisely never! Lol

Damn that's deep. Family over freedom.
Damn that's deep. Family over freedom.

It's very deep indeed but it's ultimately a sacrifice worth making!

They wouldn't ever accept me if I came out and was honest but that's not because they are bad people but because indoctrination is an incredibly powerful tool and when one has been taught to never question your faith regardless of reason or logic it can have tragic consequences
It's very deep indeed but it's ultimately a sacrifice worth making!

They wouldn't ever accept me if I came out and was honest but that's not because they are bad people but because indoctrination is an incredibly powerful tool and when one has been taught to never question your faith regardless of reason or logic it can have tragic consequences

It's understandable. Hard still.

What about... your love life?
It's understandable. Hard still.

What about... your love life?

Hmm, extremely complicated topic to be honest.

There's no easy answer to the love life question. My parents already know that I'm at best a very moderately practising Muslim and I'm also very liberal in my ideology so there might be some compromise however it's a slight problem. Weirdly it doesn't bother me too much.
Hmm, extremely complicated topic to be honest.

There's no easy answer to the love life question. My parents already know that I'm at best a very moderately practising Muslim and I'm also very liberal in my ideology so there might be some compromise however it's a slight problem. Weirdly it doesn't bother me too much.

Yeah... Idk, I would still consider maybe just fading away, giving the impression your just a cultural Muslim.

Good luck though.

Latest

Trending

Trending