The Student Room Group

I need help !!!!!

My GCSEs are in 3 weeks and I haven't started to revise once, I need help how many hours do I need to do a day in order to get the best possible grades
Original post by Georgiaross54
My GCSEs are in 3 weeks and I haven't started to revise once, I need help how many hours do I need to do a day in order to get the best possible grades

It's not about the number of hours you study and there is no quick fix. Use past papers and find your weak topics to focus on - then direct your studies towards these. :smile: You still have time to do well :smile:
Make a list of everything you need to revise by your exams and estimate how much time each thing will take. For example, for English Literature you might want to make mind maps for each text, you might need to revise vocab for a laungage etc.Then split it up into how much you can revise each day. If it's way too much and you can't fit it in, you'll need to cut everything down and/ or prioritise. Don't get too stressed though- if you start that asap then it's not too late to get good grades :-)
Reply 3

Hey, don't panic! You still have time to revise. Right, what you need to do is make a list based upon these two factors:
- How hard you find the subject/module
- When the exam is for the subject/module

There's not much point in spending a lot of time right now revising for the easiest exam that you'll be doing right at the end of the exam period; it's better to revise for a harder exam that you'll be doing sooner. Best of luck!
Reply 4

I had the exact same realization and am in the same situation. So on friday (when I realized its 3 weeks), I found just the solution:

- Reset your mind (have a shower, tidy your room) so your mind is completely rid of any other distraction
- Make a TSR study planner: I did this and it took like 30 minutes. its so helpful because it makes a revision timetable according to when each exam is for every subject
- Remember that you dont have 1 week or 2 weeks, but 3 weeks left. Use this to your advantage
- Study stuff that you find most difficult, if that means a lot of stuff0 then use past papers and if you dont understand a question then look it up in a text book or mark scheme and write the answer in a different colour
- make notes, mind maps, anything that works
- Turn off EVERYTHING and maybe even ask your parents to hide your phone/tablet til exams are done. If you find using a laptop useful to revise, then download a reliable social media blocker until your exams are over to keep your mind from procrastinating
- Work at school during break and lunch if you feel like you didnt revise a subject or topic enough

There will be many in the same boat as us and it gets stressful, but in the end these 3 weeks will amount to college acceptance and a potentially successful line of A-Level results. And some colleges (not sure about yours) will allow you to retake maths or english (which I might need because my maths is rubbish)
The more you revise, the slower time goes by. Good luck dude!

Quick Reply

Latest