The Student Room Group

Higher Geography 2016/2017

Just made this thread since no one else has.
I was just wondering if anyone has any idea of what could come up this year?
do you think there will be any questions on formation or are they less likely to ask that?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QueenEM
do you think there will be any questions on formation or are they less likely to ask that?

Maybe you could add the date and exam board so that people know which one it is aimed at :smile:

Also, it's important to remember when speculating on what might come up to not just become focused on these and look at every topic that could be covered.
Original post by brainzistheword
Maybe you could add the date and exam board so that people know which one it is aimed at :smile:

It's in the title- it's Higher geography (the Scottish equivalent to AS) and it's in the Scottish qualifications forum :smile:
Original post by Labrador99
It's in the title- it's Higher geography (the Scottish equivalent to AS) and it's in the Scottish qualifications forum :smile:

Ah apologies! It's just if it appears in the trending threads on the main homepage it may not be as easy to recognise as if it had it in the post or title :smile:
Looking at the past papers, I think glacial formations/soils (Lithosphere/Biosphere) is likely to come up as Atmosphere questions and Hydrosphere questions came up in the past two papers of the new higher. They asked two years ago on the formations of coastal features - stack and a spit, so not sure if they'll ask about other features. ^^'
Reply 5
Original post by Bravehearts_45
Looking at the past papers, I think glacial formations/soils (Lithosphere/Biosphere) is likely to come up as Atmosphere questions and Hydrosphere questions came up in the past two papers of the new higher. They asked two years ago on the formations of coastal features - stack and a spit, so not sure if they'll ask about other features. ^^'

Ah yes someone said to me that it was more likely for topics like soils to come up this year because it hasnt been in it!
Reply 6
Almost 7 days left and I am needing a B in this subject for my conditions... I better work my arse off considering the amount that I need to learn :colonhash:
Original post by QueenEM

Depends on what your global issue topics are mines are Health and Development and Climate Change, malaria hasn't came up yet in H&D so I'm praying it's in it this year. I think biosphere has a hugggee chance of coming up since its been 2 years and its not yet.
Reply 8
Does anyone know what type of questions could appear for Atmosphere on energy transfer? I was unwell when this was taught and have just came across energy transfer in one of my books and have no clue as to what it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yah I'm thinking soils will most likely come up in physical and maybe migration will come up as it has only been in the specimen paper but I'm not definite
Original post by rebecca-j121
yah I'm thinking soils will most likely come up in physical and maybe migration will come up as it has only been in the specimen paper but I'm not definite

Fingers crossed soil doesn't come up... I hate it
Original post by colt314
Fingers crossed soil doesn't come up... I hate it

Nah I'm the complete same, but honestly i hate the whole physical part of the course ahaa
Nah I'm the complete same, but honestly i hate the whole physical part of the course ahaa

I initially hadn't planned on taking it but I need it now for my firm choice of uni if I have any chances of getting in :/
Have you just graduated too?
Original post by colt314
I initially hadn't planned on taking it but I need it now for my firm choice of uni if I have any chances of getting in :/
Have you just graduated too?

Ah well good luck!! nah I've just finished fifth year and going into sixth once exams are done, what're you going to study?
Ah well good luck!! nah I've just finished fifth year and going into sixth once exams are done, what're you going to study?

Thank you :smile:
What subjects have chosen to do?
If things go well then hopefully chemical engineering at either Strathclyde or Heriot-Watt but there are a couple of things which keep coming back to mind and I just hope I do enjoy the course :frown: I love science and maths :h:
Original post by colt314
If things go well then hopefully chemical engineering at either Strathclyde or Heriot-Watt but there are a couple of things which keep coming back to mind and I just hope I do enjoy the course :frown: I love science and maths :h:

ehmm, advanced higher business, h modern studies, h history and h psychology. awe that seems like it'd be a good choice especially if you really enjoy both maths and science!!
ehmm, advanced higher business, h modern studies, h history and h psychology. awe that seems like it'd be a good choice especially if you really enjoy both maths and science!!

You've got yourself something to keep you moving this year then :h: All the best to you and take it easy!
Reply 17
Original post by colt314

ah snap Ive accepted Heriot-Watt
Original post by QueenEM
ah snap Ive accepted Heriot-Watt

Heriot-Watt is looking more likely for me now unless I miraculously get this B in geography :dance:

What are you planning to study?
Reply 19
Original post by colt314
Heriot-Watt is looking more likely for me now unless I miraculously get this B in geography :dance:

What are you planning to study?

ahaha thee joys of geography! Construction Project management :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending