The Student Room Group

are you high? FIND OUT!

OK SO THESE QUESTIONS WILL MAKE YOU FEEL AS THO U ARE HIGH!!

1. is the 's' or 'c' silent in scent?
2. if you get out the shower clean then how does your towel get dirty?
3. do you think sand s called sand because its between sea and land?
4.why are babies in the womb for 9 months but arent 9 months old when they come out?
5. how come your nose runs but your feet smell?
6. are you telling the truth if you lie in bed?
7. why do we call it "building" when its all ready built?
8. who closes the bus door after the bus driver gets off?
9.why is there a "d" in fridge but not in refrigerator?
10. who knew what time it was when the clocks were first made?
11. if 2 vegans are fighting, is it still considered as beef?

GOOD LUCK!!
try answer these questions
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
I can tell you myself that I'm not high but the building one is pretty good. I remember asking people that question and they'd all be baffled lol
Reply 3
i found the fridge one amusing!!
and the vegans one was funny!

Original post by UnknownRoyalist
I can tell you myself that I'm not high but the building one is pretty good. I remember asking people that question and they'd all be baffled lol

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by unillama

3. do you think sand is called sand because its between sea and land?
4.why are babies in the womb for 9 months but arent 9 months old when they come out?

GOOD LUCK!!

Ooh :mmm:

1. Well in French "cent" has a different sound so I'm going with c on that poor logic :france:
2. As water carries bacteria very easily. Technically we are not 100% clean coming out of the shower depending on your shower and your hygiene habits :s-smilie:
3. You forgot the i in is. No but it would be nice if it was.
-After a little etymological Google, it comes from the Germanic languages (Dutch zand and German sand) these refer to it being dust-like etc. etc. boring stuff
4. Ergh biology. Well technically a baby isn't classed as a baby for the whole of those 9 months.. My biology will fail me but there is the embryonic stage, cell stage, something about zygotes. If you want to go down the philosophical route, when does life start? When can we consider a baby being alive? At conception? Most people aren't aware of conception until some time after and so it is doubtful that the 9 months is really 9 months.
TL:biggrin:R Depends. So you could say both are incorrect.
5. Both can run and smell, neeeeeext.
6. Of course. Nobody doesn't lie down in bed at some point their lives :wink:
7. Incorrect we call it "?" building whereby the ? stands for a word. Technically a building could be in the process of being built and still be referred to as a building. I would suggest calling it "building in construction" though.
8. A ghost :colone:
9. English is a silly language, nexxxxxxt.
10. Ah but we had sundials and waterclocks and stonehenge :ninja: (theory anyway) we had stuff before the first "clock"
11. Of course. To my knowledge "beef" is a slang term. In our English slang 'language' there is only 1 rule and that is to have no rules so beef is beef :dontknow:

Am I high yet? :colone:

GOOD LUCK!!
1. c
2. It gets wet. Not dirty. And completely clean isn't possible, so some dirt will be present on both you and the towel at all times.
3. The is a typo in your question.:colonhash:
3. b.) Probably true. Might not be though. I don't really have an opinion and I don't think it matters.
4. Because they are not yet babies they are an embryo, etc. etc. then a fetus. Then they a born, begin their life, and are then a baby.
5. Your nose runs for many reasons. Mine is mostly down to hayfever. Your feet smell typically because they get sweaty.
6. Not necessarily, you do not have to say anything so it's possible to not lie. Whilst lying in bed. It's also plausible to speak and tell the truth, it's also possible to lie. Throughout this time you can be lying in bed, or doing something else. I think what you tried to play on here is the word lie. Of which, there are two different definitions.
7. I have no idea. Good point.
8. The driver. There is a green button above the door from the inside which they press and it gives them 3 seconds to leave the bus before the doors close automatically.
9. Because fridge is an abreviation. Refrigerator stems from the infinitive verb to refrigerate and is the full title of the product. The abbreviation likely comes from America, and Americans can't spell (fact).
10. They had sundials. Which are not technically clocks but perform the same function using the position of the sun as an indication of time.
11. No. It's called fighting. Beef is a colloquial term which I do not use.

Am I supposed to be high now?
If I am, your questions didn't work.
:colonhash:

GOOD LUCK!!

1. It's s. Scent is an extension of the word 'cent', and if yall watched
Spongebob, you know that mother:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ing Krabs can detect the scent of a cent

2. Simple, we never completely clean ourselves

3. Woah :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:

4. WOAH :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: I'm 16 already, let's get :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ing laid

5. Huh, the people who invented the body are liek so stupid

6. bruuuhhhhh, liek that's totally aweeesome

7.. bruuuh, guess cos the first time they decided to make it a building it took so damn long, so they just called in building. And then when they finally finished building, they were so used to calling it building they were like :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: it, let's call em buildings.
Cos calling them Builts is :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ing stupid

8. WOAH, better ask my bus driver next time and look like a :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ing mong

9. Huh, the people who invented the english are liek so stupid

10. :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:, so time is liek fake, some guy decided that time. man :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: that guy, now I gotta go to school when I could be getting an extra hour's worth of sleep

11. Not unless one of them chickens out :biggrin: *cue laugh track*
Reply 9
YOUR PROBABLY HIGH THEN THE REST LOL!!
noice answers dou!
make sure u do as ur bus driver and let me know
Original post by telepathicnine
1. It's s. Scent is an extension of the word 'cent', and if yall watched
Spongebob, you know that mother:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ing Krabs can detect the scent of a cent

2. Simple, we never completely clean ourselves

3. Woah :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:

4. WOAH :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: I'm 16 already, let's get :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ing laid

5. Huh, the people who invented the body are liek so stupid

6. bruuuhhhhh, liek that's totally aweeesome

7.. bruuuh, guess cos the first time they decided to make it a building it took so damn long, so they just called in building. And then when they finally finished building, they were so used to calling it building they were like :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: it, let's call em buildings.
Cos calling them Builts is :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ing stupid

8. WOAH, better ask my bus driver next time and look like a :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ing mong

9. Huh, the people who invented the english are liek so stupid

10. :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:, so time is liek fake, some guy decided that time. man :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: that guy, now I gotta go to school when I could be getting an extra hour's worth of sleep

11. Not unless one of them chickens out :biggrin: *cue laugh track*
Reply 10
i liked the answer to 8
that was one i didnt know
Original post by 04MR17
1. c
2. It gets wet. Not dirty. And completely clean isn't possible, so some dirt will be present on both you and the towel at all times.
3. The is a typo in your question.:colonhash:
3. b.) Probably true. Might not be though. I don't really have an opinion and I don't think it matters.
4. Because they are not yet babies they are an embryo, etc. etc. then a fetus. Then they a born, begin their life, and are then a baby.
5. Your nose runs for many reasons. Mine is mostly down to hayfever. Your feet smell typically because they get sweaty.
6. Not necessarily, you do not have to say anything so it's possible to not lie. Whilst lying in bed. It's also plausible to speak and tell the truth, it's also possible to lie. Throughout this time you can be lying in bed, or doing something else. I think what you tried to play on here is the word lie. Of which, there are two different definitions.
7. I have no idea. Good point.
8. The driver. There is a green button above the door from the inside which they press and it gives them 3 seconds to leave the bus before the doors close automatically.
9. Because fridge is an abreviation. Refrigerator stems from the infinitive verb to refrigerate and is the full title of the product. The abbreviation likely comes from America, and Americans can't spell (fact).
10. They had sundials. Which are not technically clocks but perform the same function using the position of the sun as an indication of time.
11. No. It's called fighting. Beef is a colloquial term which I do not use.

Am I supposed to be high now?
If I am, your questions didn't work.
:colonhash:
Reply 11
you are google jesus!

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Ooh :mmm:

1. Well in French "cent" has a different sound so I'm going with c on that poor logic :france:
2. As water carries bacteria very easily. Technically we are not 100% clean coming out of the shower depending on your shower and your hygiene habits :s-smilie:
3. You forgot the i in is. No but it would be nice if it was.
-After a little etymological Google, it comes from the Germanic languages (Dutch zand and German sand) these refer to it being dust-like etc. etc. boring stuff
4. Ergh biology. Well technically a baby isn't classed as a baby for the whole of those 9 months.. My biology will fail me but there is the embryonic stage, cell stage, something about zygotes. If you want to go down the philosophical route, when does life start? When can we consider a baby being alive? At conception? Most people aren't aware of conception until some time after and so it is doubtful that the 9 months is really 9 months.
TL:biggrin:R Depends. So you could say both are incorrect.
5. Both can run and smell, neeeeeext.
6. Of course. Nobody doesn't lie down in bed at some point their lives :wink:
7. Incorrect we call it "?" building whereby the ? stands for a word. Technically a building could be in the process of being built and still be referred to as a building. I would suggest calling it "building in construction" though.
8. A ghost :colone:
9. English is a silly language, nexxxxxxt.
10. Ah but we had sundials and waterclocks and stonehenge :ninja: (theory anyway) we had stuff before the first "clock"
11. Of course. To my knowledge "beef" is a slang term. In our English slang 'language' there is only 1 rule and that is to have no rules so beef is beef :dontknow:

Am I high yet? :colone:
Reply 12
my life in pictures!

Original post by ForestShadow

Original post by iqra2159
@Lychee627 is deffo high
Original post by tasha_tah
@Lychee627 is deffo high

Cba doing it , will do them later :tongue: :hugs:
Original post by Lychee627
Cba doing it , will do them later :tongue: :hugs:

its okayyy youre already highhh :tongue:
Original post by 04MR17

Depends on your definition of life. Some people would argue that their life has begun already within the womb. This is how anti-abortion activists argue their case on why they disagree with abortion as a principle.

Spoiler

Original post by tasha_tah
its okayyy youre already highhh :tongue:

PRSOM :tongue:
i liked the answer to 8
that was one i didnt know
You don't spend as much time on buses as I do. I get 4 buses a day.:frown: 6 today actually.:redface:
Original post by wolfmoon88
Depends on your definition of life. Some people would argue that their life has begun already within the womb. This is how anti-abortion activists argue their case on why they disagree with abortion as a principle.

Spoiler

I know.:rolleyes:
I didn't really want to get into the debate so I just used the word babies and went from there since they aren't babies when in the womb. Also, if you look carefully, I said begin their life. I would argue here that their existence in the womb is not their life since it is solely dependent on the mother. I remember going over the wording carefully in case some people got whipped up to begin arguing. Particularly since I know a lot of people in MHoC.
Reply 19
i believe you dw!

Original post by 04MR17
You don't spend as much time on buses as I do. I get 4 buses a day.:frown: 6 today actually.:redface:I know.:rolleyes:
I didn't really want to get into the debate so I just used the word babies and went from there since they aren't babies when in the womb. Also, if you look carefully, I said begin their life. I would argue here that their existence in the womb is not their life since it is solely dependent on the mother. I remember going over the wording carefully in case some people got whipped up to begin arguing. Particularly since I know a lot of people in MHoC.

Quick Reply

Latest