The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA History B Revision Guide / Textbook

I want to get revision guides / textbooks as soon as I can, so does anybody recommend a revision guide or a textbook for AQA History B that is really good?
Also, any revision tips for History?

Thanks
Original post by tmifan
I want to get revision guides / textbooks as soon as I can, so does anybody recommend a revision guide or a textbook for AQA History B that is really good?
Also, any revision tips for History?

Thanks

History wasn't my strongest subject and I used the CPG books and got 90/90 in unit 1 and 89/90 in unit 2 - definitely use them! Everyone was telling me they don't give you enough information but I got the highest A* in the school.
Original post by Sacred Ground
History wasn't my strongest subject and I used the CPG books and got 90/90 in unit 1 and 89/90 in unit 2 - definitely use them! Everyone was telling me they don't give you enough information but I got the highest A* in the school.

wow! that's really impressive!! I really want to do well in my History GCSE because I've been getting As all year and I really want an A*. Also, my teacher sucks and I feel like I have a lot to do. So I'm kind of stressing - Big time.
If you don't mind, I was wondering if you have any tips for History GCSE?
Like answering questions + structure or revision tips?

Thanks so much,
x

is that all you used? because I didn't think they had enough information? how did you revise
Reply 4
Original post by Hannahp2000
I use the Ben Walsh AQA GCSE one. It is really good because it has everything you need to know in and even has little tips and exam practices along the way.

The way I revise is writing every event and thing on flash cards then gets my mom to test me and anything I don't know she tells me which helps me remember

This is nearly three years old haha :wink:
Original post by moonshadow01
wow! that's really impressive!! I really want to do well in my History GCSE because I've been getting As all year and I really want an A*. Also, my teacher sucks and I feel like I have a lot to do. So I'm kind of stressing - Big time.
If you don't mind, I was wondering if you have any tips for History GCSE?
Like answering questions + structure or revision tips?

Thanks so much,
x

I sat this 3 years ago, haha! I'm now in my first year of medical school. However, I found that for history it's a lot easier to bullet point your essays structure during revision and then recite each point in chronological order.

Original post by Hannahp2000
is that all you used? because I didn't think they had enough information? how did you revise

That's how I revised, yes. But as mentioned above this was 3 years ago so I'm not the best person to ask nowadays however, I revised by doing bullet points chronological orders how the events occurred.
I sat this 3 years ago, haha! I'm now in my first year of medical school. However, I found that for history it's a lot easier to bullet point your essays structure during revision and then recite each point in chronological order.

That's how I revised, yes. But as mentioned above this was 3 years ago so I'm not the best person to ask nowadays however, I revised by doing bullet points chronological orders how the events occurred.

That's so cool that you're doing medicine. I'm currently in Yr 11 and hoping to pursue a career in medicine. What were your GCSE results like? Really stressing over my revision! :frown:
Original post by WillR123
That's so cool that you're doing medicine. I'm currently in Yr 11 and hoping to pursue a career in medicine. What were your GCSE results like? Really stressing over my revision! :frown:

I wouldn't worry about your GCSE's so much mate, focus on your science/maths/English grades (ideally A/A*) and that'll suffice for any medical school.

I got 7 A*'s, 2 A's and 2 B's at GCSE and in my A levels I got A*AAa. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Quick Reply