The Student Room Group

Le Pen will win French Election 1st and 2nd

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Keroli
Le Pen is more economically left wing than she is right. Melenchon voters will certainly not vote for Macron, the majority would probably not vote and the rest would be more inclined to go for Le Pen than Macron.

Newsnight did a piece this week saying exactly what you are saying about second round votes.

It wasn't as simple as le pen gets through and all the votes that did go to macron.

She won't win but it isn't going to be 75/25 in the second round

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Keroli
Le Pen is more economically left wing than she is right. Melenchon voters will certainly not vote for Macron, the majority would probably not vote and the rest would be more inclined to go for Le Pen than Macron.

If I was French I would be voting for Melechon but would vote for Macron over Le Pen in a heart beat.
Reply 42
Another source gives: Macron 24,25%, Le Pen 20%, Melenchon 20%, Fillon 18%.
Too bad far-righties; Macron is taking this one.
Original post by l'etranger
I don't particularly wish for Le Pen to win but if the European markets get plunged into a recession because of the vote of an election, then the fundamental were probably pretty weak to begin with. I have no clue why so many leftists think that being part of systems such as the EU automatically equals prosperity. If Le Pen wins (and she won't win the second round) are people going to stop going to work? Will people just decide to shut their businesses down? Will the harvest fail because it's made the gods of the EU mad?

It's because the Single Market, when it was introduced, gave a huge boost to volumes of trade and it also has led to other positive effects over time, such as the growth of proper European megacompanies to compete with Asian and US ones and big increases in prosperity for at least most of the northern countries. (Even the southern ones have mainly done well from it, apart from Greece)

The effects of the UK dumping the Single Market will be marked. The effects of Le Pen taking France out of it will pretty much seal the death knell of it and there will be profound economic dislocation and misery to follow. In fact, things will probably look so bad for France in particular, that the one good thing to come out of a win by Front Nationale will be that voters won't get fooled again by the extreme Right window-dressed as normal Right - the same will hopefully apply to the Tory Right in this country and their UKIP friends.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
If I was French I would be voting for Melechon but would vote for Macron over Le Pen in a heart beat.

To me, he seems like a good guy - it would be ridiculous for most centrists to vote for Le Pen over Macron. But if it's Melechon - a whole different ball game.
Reply 46
Belgian TV now gives:
Macron 23%
Le Pen 22.5%
Fillon 20%
Melenchon 19%

It keeps changing.
Reply 47
French TV now can announce:
Macron: 23.7%
Le Pen: 22%
Melenchon & Fillon: both 19.5%
Reply 48
No surprise then.
Original post by Josb
French TV now can announce:
Macron: 23.7%
Le Pen: 22%
Melenchon & Fillon: both 19.5%

Are you watching France 2 like I am!

I was just about to type that. 23.7% Macron, 21.7% Le Pen
Vive le Président Macron! :teehee:
Powerful French men. :love:

Hamon is out of the traps early to admit defeat, and has urged his supporters to vote for Macron to counter the far right. No surprises there, then.
Reply 53
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Powerful French men. :love:

Fullofsurprises votes for an ex-banker. :biggrin:
Reply 54
Original post by Reality Check
Are you watching France 2 like I am!

I was just about to type that. 23.7% Macron, 21.7% Le Pen

No, BFMTV: http://www.bfmtv.com/mediaplayer/live-video/
Original post by Fullofsurprises
It's because the Single Market, when it was introduced, gave a huge boost to volumes of trade and it also has led to other positive effects over time, such as the growth of proper European megacompanies to compete with Asian and US ones and big increases in prosperity for at least most of the northern countries. (Even the southern ones have mainly done well from it, apart from Greece)

The effects of the UK dumping the Single Market will be marked. The effects of Le Pen taking France out of it will pretty much seal the death knell of it and there will be profound economic dislocation and misery to follow. In fact, things will probably look so bad for France in particular, that the one good thing to come out of a win by Front Nationale will be that voters won't get fooled again by the extreme Right window-dressed as normal Right - the same will hopefully apply to the Tory Right in this country and their UKIP friends.

I don't think we're going to stop trading with the rest of Europe post Brexit and I don't think that Le Pen would stop trading with us if she gets in (and she won't). I think that economic prosperity is determined more by fundamental underlying factors such as population structure, size, how well educated people are and infrastructure rather than government policy.
IMG_6816.JPGMais quel homme!

:france::france::france::france:
Original post by Josb
Fullofsurprises votes for an ex-banker. :biggrin:

He claims to have changed his spots. Let's just hope he isn't another Blair.

In the meantime, yeah, he's too good looking for words. :teehee:
well they wont learn. Le Pen got through this time she was close last time she likely wont win. Then they will say its the defeat of the far right and smugly smile, without ever accepting that maybe there is a reason that the far right keeps gaining in the polls

whether now or a decade from now the way things are going it is near an absolute certainty that we will get the far right elected in some European countries. Because the establishment just wont listen to peoples concerns about cultural erosion Immigration and the problems going on and call anyone racist and stupid who speaks out against it.

People tell me I am stupid for saying I want to get out of Europe before its to late. Really you watch when Le Pen fails to win if she does, they will gloat and boast the entire media and establishment rather then ask :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: why did a far right candidate get so close to getting in? maybe we should ask why?

But they never do so it is inevitable.
Original post by l'etranger
I don't think we're going to stop trading with the rest of Europe post Brexit and I don't think that Le Pen would stop trading with us if she gets in (and she won't). I think that economic prosperity is determined more by fundamental underlying factors such as population structure, size, how well educated people are and infrastructure rather than government policy.

It's also the result of open trading arrangements, lack of tariffs, the free unfettered flow of labour and goods, etc.

Racism and xenophobic nationalism blind people to the logic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending