The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Tips on English Literature? :/ - I have the exam in a few weeks (Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, Christmas Carol, Poetry love and relationships) and I'm pretty scared, tips on going from B's to more A's/A*'s?
Original post by R.n_321
Tips on English Literature? :/ - I have the exam in a few weeks (Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, Christmas Carol, Poetry love and relationships) and I'm pretty scared, tips on going from B's to more A's/A*'s?

Make character profiles and know the order of events inside out. Have synonym lists of words you use regularly so you don't repeat yourself; and do past papers where your teacher proof reads them so you can get advice on how to improve :smile: Hope this is what you're looking for :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Make character profiles and know the order of events inside out. Have synonym lists of words you use regularly so you don't repeat yourself; and do past papers where your teacher proof reads them so you can get advice on how to improve :smile: Hope this is what you're looking for :smile:

Thank you! :smile: And yess i am currently trying some past papers, i've done mindmaps on key quotes and context and i've stuck up good words on post it notes lol.
For character profiles do you mean character analysis with key quotes for them?
And for the higher levels i have to include all language structure and form in my answers?

what a levels you doing and what you hoping to study at uni and where?
Original post by R.n_321
Thank you! :smile: And yess i am currently trying some past papers, i've done mindmaps on key quotes and context and i've stuck up good words on post it notes lol.
For character profiles do you mean character analysis with key quotes for them?
And for the higher levels i have to include all language structure and form in my answers?

That's good! Yes, character profiles have quotes in for the characters, I also included where the character is important in which scene and adjectives to describe their personality. Yes you'll have to include those too for the higher papers :smile:
Original post by CraigBackner
what a levels you doing and what you hoping to study at uni and where?

I didn't go to college and chose an apprenticeship instead, so I don't have any plans to go to uni in the near future but I would like to go at some point :smile:
That's good! Yes, character profiles have quotes in for the characters, I also included where the character is important in which scene and adjectives to describe their personality. Yes you'll have to include those too for the higher papers :smile:

Okay, thank you :smile:
Original post by R.n_321
Okay, thank you :smile:

No problem :smile:
Hey everyone,

I've noticed a few people repping my OP, and I thought I'd better just put it out there that I am no longer updating this thread, but I have a new one where I am updating everyone on my studying. So, if you want to see that, you can follow the link below:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4233122

:smile:
How did you revise for your exam? and how did you prepare for them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending