The Student Room Group

Le Pen will win French Election 1st and 2nd

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jay Caz
Well, I am glad as most should be that the EU will likely dismantle in the next couple of years. An undemocratic institution with too much power and not enough accountability. I think if you are a remainer in the UK you should still look at this as a positive thing economically.

It won't even with France gone. Stop dreaming. You will be an insignificant Island bought off by China.

No factual evidence for your claim of lack of democracy. There isn't. Who elects the parliament? Who elects the people who represent your country in the EU? Oh, it's you. Damn.

There is actually too much democracy in the EU. I'd rather have elitists make good decisions without asking the public, than people like you have a say in the decisions and vote for utter shite.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ThickSkin
I very much doubt it.

Although if that ever comes to pass - I'll keep this post in mind.

Lol, the only people to blame for the rise of the far right are the supporters of the far right.

What do you mean by Pizza over?

i meant pizza oven it was a mistype.

and no there are more to blame then the far right for the rise of the far right.

I cant believe I have to say this but there is a difference between these two positions
position one
"I think we should round up any people who are not from the same race as us, either expel them, put them in a concentration camp for slave labor or kill them."
and position 2
"I do not think it is a good idea to allow millions of immigrants who come from countries that hate us with completely different values to our own who refuse to integrate or adapt to our society subsidize them at the expense of our own citizens and turn a blind eye to when they are raping attacking and killing our population. I think we need to have sustainable numbers of Immigration and they either respect our way of life or we deport them.

The first position is clearly really scary and far right. Something I would be terrified of. The second position is just common sense and not been utterly retarded.

However too often the Lefties and the media identify anyone who has the second position in the same camp as the first position. label them as Nazis slander them Physically assault them and degrade them. and attempt to silence them.

Then they wonder why people from Position 2 move over to position 1. Its hardly surprising. You know its funny because in the past the left wing was supposed to represent the poor and the right wing was supposed to represent rich or so the stereotype went.

Now however the left wing is full of rich so called intellectuals who have never lived in a rough area or faced problems that come with mass Immigration, who are calling people on the right wing who come from working class backgrounds who have been forced out of work and find themselves surrounded by people that hate them and are threatening them, and they cant go to the police because then they will get arrested and called racist. And I am not :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ing kidding when I say this the so called intellectual left go on about how its bad for their portfolio and how can these uneducated idiots be so stupid?

Yes because The working class man in Rotherham was sitting down discussing how seriously he takes the random numbers on the FTSE 100 which he can never invest in and his mates were discussing with him the serious implications of London bankers stock portfolios if there was a brexit. So he said ok "never mind the fact that I have lost my job, and My daughter is been raped repetitively and when I go to the police they arrest me and tell the rape gangs I ratted on them my number one concern is Bankers portfolios.) hmm the other says "well Brexit is a good idea for that, this will help the economy Obviously our decision must have no bearing on our lives been ruined lets just focus on the special snowflake children of rich bankers and rich bankers portfolios."

I mean seriously its such a stupid mentality you cant even produce satire for it.

I lived in Birmingham for 3 years I saw what it was like. I remember running out of breath for my life and cowering in my room as I called 999 in panic for my life. I remember seeing a neighborhood get smashed up and been amazed this never made the news.

You have to ask yourself why so many people will support a far right candidate despite media censorship social media mass deleting of accounts complete slander and censorship of their side. yet they still vote the way they do.

you know what after seeing all the problems going on in France and how the politicians are not doing anything for it I really would not blame the French for electing Le Pen.

Would I vote Le Pen? hell no that is just the other side of the same coin, I would just leave and leave fast.

The Ideal situation is This other guy gets in and realizes :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: we need to do something this is getting out of control and that was a close one.

But no they will label all the people that voted for Le Pen as Nazi Scum and continue doing the same things and policies and telling people listen "gang warfare, mass Rape and Terrorism are just part of every day life suck it up and get used to it"

Then the news agencies will smugly post how the far right is been defeated.

Yeah anyone who seriously thinks that Nazism wont return under that background just has no understanding of basic nature.
lets be honest, the french have always been nazis lol

I know! Kinda strange eh? But very French. :lol:
Original post by Luke7456
i meant pizza oven it was a mistype.

and no there are more to blame then the far right for the rise of the far right.

I cant believe I have to say this but there is a difference between these two positions
position one
"I think we should round up any people who are not from the same race as us, either expel them, put them in a concentration camp for slave labor or kill them."
and position 2
"I do not think it is a good idea to allow millions of immigrants who come from countries that hate us with completely different values to our own who refuse to integrate or adapt to our society subsidize them at the expense of our own citizens and turn a blind eye to when they are raping attacking and killing our population. I think we need to have sustainable numbers of Immigration and they either respect our way of life or we deport them.

The first position is clearly really scary and far right. Something I would be terrified of. The second position is just common sense and not been utterly retarded.

However too often the Lefties and the media identify anyone who has the second position in the same camp as the first position. label them as Nazis slander them Physically assault them and degrade them. and attempt to silence them.

Then they wonder why people from Position 2 move over to position 1. Its hardly surprising. You know its funny because in the past the left wing was supposed to represent the poor and the right wing was supposed to represent rich or so the stereotype went.

Now however the left wing is full of rich so called intellectuals who have never lived in a rough area or faced problems that come with mass Immigration, who are calling people on the right wing who come from working class backgrounds who have been forced out of work and find themselves surrounded by people that hate them and are threatening them, and they cant go to the police because then they will get arrested and called racist. And I am not :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ing kidding when I say this the so called intellectual left go on about how its bad for their portfolio and how can these uneducated idiots be so stupid?

Yes because The working class man in Rotherham was sitting down discussing how seriously he takes the random numbers on the FTSE 100 which he can never invest in and his mates were discussing with him the serious implications of London bankers stock portfolios if there was a brexit. So he said ok "never mind the fact that I have lost my job, and My daughter is been raped repetitively and when I go to the police they arrest me and tell the rape gangs I ratted on them my number one concern is Bankers portfolios.) hmm the other says "well Brexit is a good idea for that, this will help the economy Obviously our decision must have no bearing on our lives been ruined lets just focus on the special snowflake children of rich bankers and rich bankers portfolios."

I mean seriously its such a stupid mentality you cant even produce satire for it.

I lived in Birmingham for 3 years I saw what it was like. I remember running out of breath for my life and cowering in my room as I called 999 in panic for my life. I remember seeing a neighborhood get smashed up and been amazed this never made the news.

You have to ask yourself why so many people will support a far right candidate despite media censorship social media mass deleting of accounts complete slander and censorship of their side. yet they still vote the way they do.

you know what after seeing all the problems going on in France and how the politicians are not doing anything for it I really would not blame the French for electing Le Pen.

Would I vote Le Pen? hell no that is just the other side of the same coin, I would just leave and leave fast.

The Ideal situation is This other guy gets in and realizes :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: we need to do something this is getting out of control and that was a close one.

But no they will label all the people that voted for Le Pen as Nazi Scum and continue doing the same things and policies and telling people listen "gang warfare, mass Rape and Terrorism are just part of every day life suck it up and get used to it"

Then the news agencies will smugly post how the far right is been defeated.

Yeah anyone who seriously thinks that Nazism wont return under that background just has no understanding of basic nature.

I can see this is an emotional topic for you.

I can see your point though. I am an anglo-saxon and I don't really support mass immigration of Muslims and Jews (like yourself) who are changing this culture.

Maybe not Jews like you though, you seem to get it. Although I find it hard that your pretty chill on Le Pen who represents a party of traditionally holocaust deniers and 'anti-semites'. Then again, racism (anti-Semitism) doesn't really exist right?

These damn snowflakes! Vive Le pen!
Reply 85
Original post by Detherion
It won't even with France gone. Stop dreaming. You will be an insignificant Island bought off by China.

No factual evidence for your claim of lack of democracy. There isn't. Who elects the parliament? Who elects the people who represent your country in the EU? Oh, it's you. Damn.

There is actually too much democracy in the EU. I'd rather have elitists make good decisions without asking the public, than people like you have a say in the decisions and vote for utter shite.

The European Parliament has little power. Most of the decisions are taken by the European Commission and Council.
Reply 86
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I know! Kinda strange eh? But very French. :lol:

He's going to have loads of romantic adventures like François Hollande. That will be entertaining.
And, Sir, who are the people making the decisions in those institutions? Who elects them? Why is that not democratic?

Ps: influence of the parliament has actually risen.
Original post by ThickSkin
I can see this is an emotional topic for you.

I can see your point though. I am an anglo-saxon and I don't really support mass immigration of Muslims and Jews (like yourself) who are changing this culture.

Maybe not Jews like you though, you seem to get it. Although I find it hard that your pretty chill on Le Pen who represents a party of traditionally holocaust deniers and 'anti-semites'. Then again, racism (anti-Semitism) doesn't really exist right?

These damn snowflakes! Vive Le pen!

I um specifically stated I would not vote Le Pen last time I checked Jews were not trying to dictate how you can live and arranging Mass rape gangs or blowing people up. Maybe I have missed something though.

I dont recall ever saying that i wanted Le Pen to get in I do remember saying that I can understand why she might.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Nate Silver says there were no 'hidden' Le Pen voters missed by the pollsters.
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/856209799645736960

That bodes well for the final run off, Macron looks set to win decisively based on past polling.

Yeah, if anything the polling overstated Le Pen. Looks like she's going to be somewhere around 21-22%. Yes, there'd been some hints in the last few days that it might be about that, but prior to then she hadn't been that low in the polls since early 2013. She lost about 5 points in the last 3 or 4 weeks. Three possible explanations in my opinion:
i) It was specifically about her comments on Vichy.
ii) Some pro-Frexit people didn't like her that much but supported her over the Frexit stance, then later found out they had more in common with Melenchon.
iii) People got cold feet as the election got nearer.
(edited 7 years ago)

position one
and position 2

Thing is that the people historically who ended up enacting Position 1 (and I'm not just talking about the Nazis here, but other genocides and ethnic cleansings as well) often started off espousing something similar to Position 2. The only thing that's changed is that they tended to blame ethnic minorities more generally rather than just immigrants, but in the last 30-40 years a consensus has evolved against demonising minorities who are native-born citizens, and so it's become more limited to immigrants.

But the logic is the same - the national essence (see also "culture"/"values"/"way of life"/etc) is being endangered or diluted by "foreign" influences of some kind.
Original post by anarchism101
Thing is that the people historically who ended up enacting Position 1 (and I'm not just talking about the Nazis here, but other genocides and ethnic cleansings as well) often started off espousing something similar to Position 2. The only thing that's changed is that they tended to blame ethnic minorities more generally rather than just immigrants, but in the last 30-40 years a consensus has evolved against demonising minorities who are native-born citizens, and so it's become more limited to immigrants.

But the logic is the same - the national essence (see also "culture"/"values"/"way of life"/etc) is being endangered or diluted by "foreign" influences of some kind.

just go live In Paris Sweden or Birmingham. Have fun with that but you wont and we both know why that is.
just go live In Paris Sweden or Birmingham. Have fun with that but you wont and we both know why that is.

So you don't have a real response?

For the record I'd love to live in Paris if I could afford it and or had a career reason to go there.
So you don't have a real response?

For the record I'd love to live in Paris if I could afford it and or had a career reason to go there.

I think if your going to equate people that want to keep their national identity and have concerns about bringing in huge numbers of Immigrants from countries that hate you who have diametrically opposed cultures to The Nazis of the past a discussion will be fruitless.

Its like when creationists make statements to the effect of " well man has more DNA in Common with Bananas then they do Apes" you cant have a conversation when it gets that ridiculous. Your just wasting your time.
Reply 94
Yeah, if anything the polling overstated Le Pen. Looks like she's going to be somewhere around 21-22%. Yes, there'd been some hints in the last few days that it might be about that, but prior to then she hadn't been that low in the polls since early 2013. She lost about 5 points in the last 3 or 4 weeks. Three possible explanations in my opinion:
i) It was specifically about her comments on Vichy.
ii) Some pro-Frexit people didn't like her that much but supported her over the Frexit stance, then later found out they had more in common with Melenchon.
iii) People got cold feet as the election got nearer.

ii) I think that her recent statements on Frexit made her quite weak on the subject for the europhobes, who instead favoured Dupont-Aignan -- who appeared more convinced on the subject and had a strong media presence in the last two weeks. He got 5%, which is a very good score for him.
Then she also lost some votes to Mélenchon, who probably appealed to the old Communists voters, now supporting the FN but who could have gone back to their roots for a moment.
I think if your going to equate people that want to keep their national identity and have concerns about bringing in huge numbers of Immigrants from countries that hate you who have diametrically opposed cultures to The Nazis of the past a discussion will be fruitless.

You made the initial implicit reference to the Nazis, I tried to move it away from the Nazis towards a more general comparison with the atrocities of ethnic nationalism.

If your central priority is to "keep your national identity", it follows that anything that does not correspond with that national identity within the state is a potential foreign threat to be expelled or removed. And that's the point at which things start to get dark.
You made the initial implicit reference to the Nazis, I tried to move it away from the Nazis towards a more general comparison with the atrocities of ethnic nationalism.

If your central priority is to "keep your national identity", it follows that anything that does not correspond with that national identity within the state is a potential foreign threat to be expelled or removed. And that's the point at which things start to get dark.

so then anyone that does not want to let millions of people from hostile countries come over and run a mock have gang warfares and attack the local population is Evil far right?

okay then.

Btw do you attack Robins they are really evil far right Nazis too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIikrFQzS1o
so then anyone that does not want to let millions of people from hostile countries come over and run a mock have gang warfares and attack the local population is Evil far right?

The fact that you keep trying to fit everything I say to this caricature suggests you're already committed to it as part of a persecution complex and aren't really interested in seriously debating it.

Btw do you attack Robins they are really evil far right Nazis too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIikrFQzS1o

I've really no idea what point you're trying to make here.
The fact that you keep trying to fit everything I say to this caricature suggests you're already committed to it as part of a persecution complex and aren't really interested in seriously debating it.

Welcome to internet politics.
Reply 99

Why not? I'd move to Birmingham, because I don't assume that it's "full of gangs planning to rape or murder me."

I too can see why people would vote for her - because they're frightened by this anti-Islamic rhetoric that is overwhelmingly present at the moment. But, looking at your profile, I'd assumed you'd have the intelligence not to be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending