The Student Room Group

Access course dilemma!

I am currently studying Access to HE: Nursing.

I have been given two conditional offers by universities this September in Mental Health Nursing, but I'm wondering about switching pathways.

Just wanted to ask anyone that may know, could I possibly go through clearing and study for a "Psychology degree"? Or any kind of occupational therapy degree? Will an access course in nursing be acceptable for that, or do you have to have a more relevant subject?

Many thanks if anyone has any advice or answers :smile:
Chris
Original post by Christophski96
I am currently studying Access to HE: Nursing.

I have been given two conditional offers by universities this September in Mental Health Nursing, but I'm wondering about switching pathways.

Just wanted to ask anyone that may know, could I possibly go through clearing and study for a "Psychology degree"? Or any kind of occupational therapy degree? Will an access course in nursing be acceptable for that, or do you have to have a more relevant subject?

Many thanks if anyone has any advice or answers :smile:
Chris

It is possible if the modules you have studied are considered relevant that you could find a place in clearing, i would email universities you are interested in to see if they would accept it before making a decision.
Original post by claireestelle
It is possible if the modules you have studied are considered relevant that you could find a place in clearing, i would email universities you are interested in to see if they would accept it before making a decision.

My course consists of anatomy, psychology and sociology. I think the credits are split in thirds so psychology is probably only 15 out of the 45 credits. Still yes, I will ring up universities about my interest. Thank you! :smile:
Are you likely to exceed your firm offer? If so there is always UCAS adjustment available.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/ucas-adjustment-%E2%80%93-if-you%E2%80%99ve-done-better-expected
Original post by BigYoSpeck
Are you likely to exceed your firm offer? If so there is always UCAS adjustment available.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/ucas-adjustment-%E2%80%93-if-you%E2%80%99ve-done-better-expected

I have a conditional offer only. So I'm hoping that comes through, the grades for psychology and other courses are much higher than the expected grades for me. I will just contact unis and see if they accept my kind of course... :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending