Help! I think my dad's best friend had a crush on me!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So before you call me an idiot for thinking it, read on. I don't know what to do. No rude answers... Please...

Well, my dad always jokes that his friends are scared of me and my mum because they think he'll beat them up for going near us.
I'm Asian and so are all his friends.

But there's two I'm worried about now. One's really shy, and I liked him before. As in, I wished he was my dad. He has two daughters and is happily married.

But he always stares at me with a little smile on his face but looks away and pretends to be busy when I notice him.

And sometimes my dad's in the kitchen and calls me to bring his friend's little daughter, as we're Muslims and men and women don't really stay with each other.

So when I'm giving her to him (the friend) he goes red and says things like "Thanks, you really didn't need to, my pretty" or something in my language.
And he sort of touches my hand, or tries to hold it when my dad's not with him.

And when me and my siblings are ill, I can hear my dad speaking on the phone to him, and he always calls and asks if I'm okay, rather than my siblings.

And his wife was telling me his much he talks about me, and I had heard him whisper my name as I go by, and he calls my name sometimes and says he just wanted to see my face.

He only does all this when my dad isn't present.

The other guy is one I met recently. Again, with the segregation, I didn't talk much.
He owns a school and I was going for the entrance test.

I didn't like the way he looked at me, he was looking at me with this dreamy look on his face and he was explaining some algebra to me and he kept touching my hand. I could see my dad's face looking at me with disgust because he thought I was the one trying to touch his friend.
I was thankful to leave until the guy said to my dad to bring his family, and his pretty little daughter which made me annoyed.

Sorry for making this so long, I don't know why to do and I'm almost crying!
P.S I'm eighteen and am new here to TSR...
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
im sorry im just here for the posts
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They sound creepy as hell, give them disgusted looks when they eyeball you.
serah.exe
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Tell your dad
Twinpeaks
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If that is true unfortunately your Dad is friends with lecherous old fools.

Try to avoid them as best you can, and if you do get put into a similar situation with them again and they behave similarly, muster up one of your filthiest stares that insinuates they aren't worthy to lick the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: off your shoes. Might put an end to their sad little fantasies!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by serah.exe)
Tell your dad
Ugh... I wish I could but he'd probably laugh and tell me not to assume things like that. And he'd probably go and tell them, too, not meaning to make fun of me, but if he had nothing better to talk about.

(Original post by Twinpeaks)
If that is true unfortunately your Dad is friends with lecherous old fools.

Try to avoid them as best you can, and if you do get put into a similar situation with them again and they behave similarly, muster up one of your filthiest stares that insinuates they aren't worthy to lick the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: off your shoes. Might put an end to their sad little fantasies!
I really didn't wanna describe them like that because he (the first guy) was a really nice person, and like I said, I once really wanted him to be my own dad. And, deep down, I still feel like that sometimes. I know, it's so stupid of me and I shouldn't like him like that, but I don't know why because I've known him for so long.

I'll try though. . I hate the second guy anyway. But if my dad's there he'll be so mad afterwards if he sees my dirty looks, and they're usually with him when I ever see them.
Anonymous #1
Bump
Angry Bird
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
tell your dad
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
So before you call me an idiot for thinking it, read on. I don't know what to do. No rude answers... Please...

Well, my dad always jokes that his friends are scared of me and my mum because they think he'll beat them up for going near us.
I'm Asian and so are all his friends.

But there's two I'm worried about now. One's really shy, and I liked him before. As in, I wished he was my dad. He has two daughters and is happily married.

But he always stares at me with a little smile on his face but looks away and pretends to be busy when I notice him.

And sometimes my dad's in the kitchen and calls me to bring his friend's little daughter, as we're Muslims and men and women don't really stay with each other.

So when I'm giving her to him (the friend) he goes red and says things like "Thanks, you really didn't need to, my pretty" or something in my language.
And he sort of touches my hand, or tries to hold it when my dad's not with him.

And when me and my siblings are ill, I can hear my dad speaking on the phone to him, and he always calls and asks if I'm okay, rather than my siblings.

And his wife was telling me his much he talks about me, and I had heard him whisper my name as I go by, and he calls my name sometimes and says he just wanted to see my face.

He only does all this when my dad isn't present.

The other guy is one I met recently. Again, with the segregation, I didn't talk much.
He owns a school and I was going for the entrance test.

I didn't like the way he looked at me, he was looking at me with this dreamy look on his face and he was explaining some algebra to me and he kept touching my hand. I could see my dad's face looking at me with disgust because he thought I was the one trying to touch his friend.
I was thankful to leave until the guy said to my dad to bring his family, and his pretty little daughter which made me annoyed.

Sorry for making this so long, I don't know why to do and I'm almost crying!
P.S I'm eighteen and am new here to TSR...
hihiijj
Vikingninja
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Tell your dad.
cosmic angel
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Tell your dad, please do.
You're shy and timid about it now so you can't see it but believe me, you'll regret not doing so in the future.
username2655767
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Tell your dad you find his friend creepy, he's touching you inappropriately and you aren't comfortable around him. If he laughs (doubtful, this is just what most people think and stops people from going to their parents when someone rapes them) be stern and tell him to keep his friend away from you.

If this escalates (and it probably will). You'll be glad you did.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by unomie)
Tell your dad you find his friend creepy, he's touching you inappropriately and you aren't comfortable around him. If he laughs (doubtful, this is just what most people think and stops people from going to their parents when someone rapes them) be stern and tell him to keep his friend away from you.

If this escalates (and it probably will). You'll be glad you did.
Oh, I almost did, but as soon as I got onto the topic I saw his face and felt like kicking myself.
He was like, why do you have to hate these innocent people?
And I said I was really sorry, and retreated up the stairs to my room.

I really don't know. Maybe they don't like me and they just wanna be nice... I'm probs imagining all this. :cry:
username2655767
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Oh, I almost did, but as soon as I got onto the topic I saw his face and felt like kicking myself.
He was like, why do you have to hate these innocent people?
And I said I was really sorry, and retreated up the stairs to my room.

I really don't know. Maybe they don't like me and they just wanna be nice... I'm probs imagining all this. :cry:
He said why do you have to hate these innocent people? Just say 'I'm not, this was hard for me to tell you - why don't you believe your daughter'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
34.07%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (714)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (345)
19.99%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.58%

Watched Threads