The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at applying to QMUL for the GEM course. I've been told that it is extremely tough once you have got in and there isn't much time available to work on the side to try raise money for tuition fees? Slightly concerned....

Would anyone be able to share their experiences of some of the different graduate programmes and wether or not BARTS is a good choice?

Cheers
afaik this is the case for at least the 1st year in any GEM/GEP course at any university.
I'm not a GEP myself, but I'm at Barts and I know some GEPs here; I get the impression that 1st year of GEP is intense as you are squeezing 2 years into 1, so it's pretty time-pressured. After that though GEP 2nd year is the same as the normal 5 year 3rd year, which you join for clinical years.
Reply 2
Hi my ex BF is currently in his 2nd year on Barts GEM program. His first year was pretty intense as he had alot of work to do and he didn't have time for a job really. They offer student loans though for tuition fees and a maintenance loan for living. I'm not sure about grants and bursaries though as the government has gotten rid of them so i don't think you'll be able to get them. There are also charities that offer grants to some GEP students aswell. If you search for them on google it should come up :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending