The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Arab countries are nothing but failiures....

Arabs claim to have invented algebra when it was Persian mathematician Muhammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī who translated, formalized and commented on ancient Indian and Greek works. It is even doubtful whether al-Khwārizmī was really a Muslim. Funny how some Arabs dislike Persians yet happy to steal their inventions as their own.

They have contributed nothing in the last 500 years. The total number of books translated into Arabic in the last 1,000 years is fewer than those translated into Spanish in one year.

Arabs are some of the most arrogant people you meet and they think they are superior and better than anyone else. Saudi Arabia does not even offer birthright citizenship unless you're Arab. Even for a foreign-born wife of a Saudi. Where do they get this arrogance from? Saudis couldn't even extract their own oil.
Reply 1
What does it have to do with your life?
Reply 2
Original post by Baniazz
What does it have to do with your life?

Because we so often hear boasts about (a) their total numbers and (b) their science.

Science has everything to do with my life.
Original post by Sarahsez
Arabs claim to have invented algebra when it was Persian mathematician Muhammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī who translated, formalized and commented on ancient Indian and Greek works. It is even doubtful whether al-Khwārizmī was really a Muslim. Funny how some Arabs dislike Persians yet happy to steal their inventions as their own.

They have contributed nothing in the last 500 years. The total number of books translated into Arabic in the last 1,000 years is fewer than those translated into Spanish in one year.

Arabs are some of the most arrogant people you meet and they think they are superior and better than anyone else. Saudi Arabia does not even offer birthright citizenship unless you're Arab. Even for a foreign-born wife of a Saudi. Where do they get this arrogance from? Saudis couldn't even extract their own oil.

Hello,
I'm not an Arab, but I live in Qatar, on the border of Saudi. It's a beautiful place, and the people are SUPER rich.

I do agree that SOME Arabs have no manners; they shout and speed on the roads, they can litter and spit on the pavement, and show off and their kids are just as bad sometimes.

I remember my brother was on a slide in a park, and this rich Qatari kid came up to him and shouted something rude in Arabic to him, and shoved him down the slide.

But, the countries can be really nice!
IMG_20170401_205638_504.JPG

I took that myself... :smile:

Anyway, you can get some really nice Arabs and the countries are beautiful. It's just some people don't have manners. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ClearSky
Hello,
I'm not an Arab, but I live in Qatar, on the border of Saudi. It's a beautiful place, and the people are SUPER rich.

I do agree that SOME Arabs have no manners; they shout and speed on the roads, they can litter and spit on the pavement, and show off and their kids are just as bad sometimes.

I remember my brother was on a slide in a park, and this rich Qatari kid came up to him and shouted something rude in Arabic to him, and shoved him down the slide.

But, the countries can be really nice!
IMG_20170401_205638_504.JPG

I took that myself... :smile:

Anyway, you can get some really nice Arabs and the countries are beautiful. It's just some people don't have manners. :smile:

I'm sure there are some nice Arabs. But the country's are only beaitiful due to oil money. Don't forget Arabs needed the west to extract the oil.

Ever hear about the treatment of Qatar migrant workers? It's modern day slavery!
I'm sure there are some nice Arabs. But the country's are only beaitiful due to oil money. Don't forget Arabs needed the west to extract the oil.

Ever hear about the treatment of Qatar migrant workers? It's modern day slavery!

*cough cough* No, not really! :smile:

I'm a migrant and my dad works, and he's treated really well.
Oh, and I forgot to mention, his work partner is this Qatari guy who's really nice and gets us gifts and stuff.
He is rich, like any other Qatari, but he doesn't really show off or wear dem Qatari hat-thingies, he wears a normal shirt-and-jeans combo.

Plus, he can speak English well, and is some sort of qualified uni teacher.
He's the one who made me change my mind about Arabs.

Back to the point, nobody I know suffers from this 'modern day slavery' at all. :smile:
I guess you could be right though. I'm no megamind. :wink:

That is not true. You cannot generalise about all Arabs being arrogant.
**** you ***** algebra invented by arabs mathematicians before alkhwarzmi who was Arab from Baghdad also all arabic early sciences based on babylonian/assyrian/levantine not Indian and Greek it only few things is . **** **** savages Persians arabs never ever take any great science and cultural thing from them , Persians haven't made inventions, they take it old from Arab civilizations and if Persians made inventions it only for them no one stolen it and Arabs is not only people in gulf people in gulf are mixed race arabs originally from Levant and anatolia
You liar and most stupid dumb.
arabs invented the algebra before alkhwarzmi who was Arab all early Arabic sciences based on babylonian/assyrian/levantine science not Indian and Greek. Arabs never ever take sciences and cultural things from the savages barbaric Persians. And arabs originally not from gulf they originally from Levant and anatolia.

Latest

Trending

Trending