The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Ask Us Anything

Scroll to see replies

Hi QUB,

I applied for geography in QUB and received an offer from you about two months ago. However, I believe my interest into geography have slowly evaporating... and I would much prefer to do a course in philosophy than geography. Should I send an email to the admission team to see if I can change my offer?

Thank you very much
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Original post by MichaelChan16
Hi QUB,

I applied for geography in QUB and received an offer from you about two months ago. However, I believe my interest into geography have slowly evaporating... and I would much prefer to do a course in philosophy than geography. Should I send an email to the admission team to see if I can change my offer?

Thank you very much

Hi there MichaelChan16,

I think it would indeed be best to speak directly to our Admissions team and they will be able to advise you.

You can email them at [email protected] or if you prefer, you can call the team on +44 (0)28 9097 3838 and remember to have your UCAS details at hand.

Best of luck with your future studies, whichever direction you choose!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi, I just confirmed QUB as my firm choice today. As an Access student i know my results don't go through automatically via UCAS, and I'll need to send them in. Who do i send this to and do I just photocopy my certificates or is there a specific form to send in ?
Thanks for your help
Original post by sian1205
Hi, I just confirmed QUB as my firm choice today. As an Access student i know my results don't go through automatically via UCAS, and I'll need to send them in. Who do i send this to and do I just photocopy my certificates or is there a specific form to send in ?
Thanks for your help

Hi sian1205,

Congratulations on your offer!

I am going to check this out with Admissions and will get back to you when I have an answer! :vroam:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Thanks for your help

Hi again sian1205 :hi:

These documents can be scanned and sent as an attachment to [email protected] or can be sent via post to the address below:

Admissions and Access Service
Lanyon North
Belfast
BT7 1NN

Please only send photocopies via post and never original documents.

Wishing you all the best with your future studies!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Thanks !
Thanks !

You are very welcome sian1205.:hat2:
Original post by mikew99
Hi,

I'm applying for student finance online, when it asks what course I will study at QUB Computer Science (G400) does not show up, I've tried different searches but it never comes back with a result. It can be entered manually however it does say contact the university for guidance on what to enter and that my application cannot be assessed until this is done.

What should I enter? The search also does give the option to just enter Bsc with Sandwich year.

I was the same for me but after talking to the finance person they said it's done in groups and for my course which is same said to put it as BSC with sandwich year.
Reply 128
Hi,

I received an unconditional offer to study medicine in QUB and I recently firmed it. Then I received another letter, AS12B from track stating that I had to go to another QUB website to confirm my decision. So I went to the website, filled out my details (personal ID, name, DOB and email address) and clicked proceed, but it keeps coming up with a page saying that my details don't match their UCAS records. I would contact the admissions service but they're closed at the moment. And the track letter said that if I don't respond as soon as possible, then my place may be offered to someone else.

Is there anything else I can do to let them know that I intend to take up my offer?
Thanks
Reply 129
Hello. Were any of the LLB courses put through clearing last year?
Original post by bura94
Hi,

I received an unconditional offer to study medicine in QUB and I recently firmed it. Then I received another letter, AS12B from track stating that I had to go to another QUB website to confirm my decision. So I went to the website, filled out my details (personal ID, name, DOB and email address) and clicked proceed, but it keeps coming up with a page saying that my details don't match their UCAS records. I would contact the admissions service but they're closed at the moment. And the track letter said that if I don't respond as soon as possible, then my place may be offered to someone else.

Is there anything else I can do to let them know that I intend to take up my offer?
Thanks

Hi bura94,

Apologies for the late reply but our office was closed during the same period as admissions. Were you able to get in contact with them?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi there,

I was wondering if Queen's would be letting Social Work applicants know any time before 5th May? Would be good to know when to expect it as the waiting is excruciating! Thanks for all your hard work put into this thread :smile:
Original post by Afterglow2
Hi there,

I was wondering if Queen's would be letting Social Work applicants know any time before 5th May? Would be good to know when to expect it as the waiting is excruciating! Thanks for all your hard work put into this thread :smile:

Hi there Afterglow2 :hi:

Applicants will be informed of decisions right up until 5th May.

But there's just over a week to go - you've almost reached the light at the end of the tunnel!

Hope you get the news you're waiting for. :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

PS. Thank you for the lovely comment - that's very kind.
Original post by RyanG.
Hello. Were any of the LLB courses put through clearing last year?

Hi RyanG,

I'm just checking this out and I'll get back when I have an answer for you! :vroam:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Reply 134
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Hi bura94,

Apologies for the late reply but our office was closed during the same period as admissions. Were you able to get in contact with them?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Yep! It's been sorted now. I was just worried that I might lose my place but it seems to have been just due to the holidays. Thanks!
Original post by bura94
Yep! It's been sorted now. I was just worried that I might lose my place but it seems to have been just due to the holidays. Thanks!

Brilliant bura94, glad to hear you got sorted out. :thumbsup:

We'll see you on campus in September!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi!
Will offer holders be contacted via facebook and added to a closed group? for notifications such as accommodation and freshers
Thanks
Original post by simranpane
Hi!
Will offer holders be contacted via facebook and added to a closed group? for notifications such as accommodation and freshers
Thanks

Hi simranpane :hello:

You can apply for accommodation now by clicking here and following the links.

I will also find out some information for you about how you will be kept informed. What course have you applied for?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Medicine!

Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Hi simranpane :hello:

You can apply for accommodation now by clicking here and following the links.

I will also find out some information for you about how you will be kept informed. What course have you applied for?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi! I received an unconditional offer for a MA in Translation around two months ago. Then about a week after, I applied for the Vice-Chancellor's scholarship as an international student. I think the deadline for that is up for another fifteen days or so. But I was wondering, if that's okay to ask, around how many people have applied? I would like to know what my chances are! :smile: Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending