The Student Room Group

Anyone sitting Maths C1 to C4 this summer??

Is there anyone else out there who is sitting all 4 cores for A-level Maths this summer? How are you coping?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Philip-flop
Is there anyone else out there who is sitting all 4 cores for A-level Maths this summer? How are you coping?

I'm doing C1-3 this year alongside further maths but not C1-4, how comes you've decided to???
I am!
Resitting C1 & C2 from last year to up my UMS.
The exams are only in a few weeks! I think I need to get a few more papers done, then some solomon questions and I should be about ready :smile:
Original post by Purpleunicorn197
I'm doing C1-3 this year alongside further maths but not C1-4, how comes you've decided to???

I'm sitting C1 to C4 because I'm resitting my AS units (C1 and C2) to try and boost my grade :smile:

Original post by alldaydreaming
I am!
Resitting C1 & C2 from last year to up my UMS.
The exams are only in a few weeks! I think I need to get a few more papers done, then some solomon questions and I should be about ready :smile:

Yes I'm the same! I want to try and do better than I did last year! I haven't really done many past papers for C1 and C2 yet though, hopefully I can still remember how to apply things like the cosine rule and geometric series etc! :frown:
I am resitting C2 in order to boost my overall UMS!

AS UMS:
C1: 97
C2: 75:frown:
S1: 89

Overall A

Is anyone finding C2 easier after having done C3/C4?
Okay guys Im resitting c1 and c2 and doing c3 and c4. I feel relatively unprepared for c1 and c2 and I'm worried, c1 I can do easily without revision (but need to go over sequences) but c2 is another story. Should I just redo past papers, I'm just revising for everything else that I keep forgetting too and I don't want to do worse
Reply 6
Original post by Philip-flop

I'm doing C3 and C4!
Original post by lqwerty98

AS UMS:

Overall A

Still really good! Any advice for someone who is also resitting C1 and C2?

Original post by physicsamor
Okay guys Im resitting c1 and c2 and doing c3 and c4. I feel relatively unprepared for c1 and c2 and I'm worried, c1 I can do easily without revision (but need to go over sequences) but c2 is another story. Should I just redo past papers, I'm just revising for everything else that I keep forgetting too and I don't want to do worse

Yeah C1 definitely becomes much easier after learning C3 and C4!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
yh I'm resitting C1, C2, and S1, I try to do 2 c1 papers a week, 2 C2 papers a week and one S1 paper a week.
Resitting C1, 3, 4
Anyone got good OCR material to try aside from the Solomon papers?

AS UMS:

Overall A

Yeah I feel that Core 2 is becoming so much easier, I wish that I focused on Maths more than French last year though as I did pretty bad in AS Maths which is why I'm retaking C1 and C2 as well as C3, C4 and D1.

AS UMS:
C1: 73
C2: 48
S1: 64

Overall C

I felt really ill on S1 which is a shame because normally I would be getting 90+ UMS, but I'm hoping to score 100 UMS on both C1 and C2 as, while difficult to do, is still possible as I'm trying to revise loads this year, I'm hoping to get an A for Loughborough University :biggrin:
Original post by Pokester
Yeah I feel that Core 2 is becoming so much easier, I wish that I focused on Maths more than French last year though as I did pretty bad in AS Maths which is why I'm retaking C1 and C2 as well as C3, C4 and D1.

AS UMS:
C1: 73
C2: 48
S1: 64

Overall C

I felt really ill on S1 which is a shame because normally I would be getting 90+ UMS, but I'm hoping to score 100 UMS on both C1 and C2 as, while difficult to do, is still possible as I'm trying to revise loads this year, I'm hoping to get an A for Loughborough University :biggrin:

Im sure you shall manage getting an A, especially if you are going to boost your AS UMS :smile:
Im sure you shall manage getting an A, especially if you are going to boost your AS UMS :smile:

Ah cheers mate, I appreciate it! Fingers crossed I do haha :smile: I'm sure that you'll smash yours too!
Original post by Pokester
Ah cheers mate, I appreciate it! Fingers crossed I do haha :smile: I'm sure that you'll smash yours too!

All C1-C4 with S1 and D1 as well as Physics papers 1-3 fml

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by nemanuel96
All C1-C4 with S1 and D1 as well as Physics papers 1-3 fml

Posted from TSR Mobile

So how you preparing for them
My Gss
Resit Squadd
C1, C3 and C4.

Mainly doing just Edexcel papers, then Solomon then IYGB if there's time.
Original post by tbator
So how you preparing for them

I'm not resitting btw. I'm teaching myself by the book and through a few YouTube vids online.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I've mainly been working hard for C3 and C4 but am doing resits for C1 and C2. I haven't really done much revision for my resits though. I've noticed that a lot of the content that is covered in C3 and C4 is carried on from the previous two modules with the exception of a few topics! Does anyone have any advice on what I need to specifically revise for C1 and C2 for the topics that aren't covered at A2?

Quick Reply

Latest