The Student Room Group

Spanish a2 (aqa) 2017

Scroll to see replies

Anybody here doing the environment essay? It's so hard :s-smilie: If so please PM me and Ill reply when I figure out how...
Original post by maneet_23
I'm doing Picasso too! I'm focusing on Guernica as there's so much to say about, but I feel like there's way too much info and not sure what to really focus on! How are you going about it?

Yes Guernica is the best to talk about! I'm thinking to explain about all the different periods (blue, pink, etc) and explain the main paintings in it, what do you think?
I don't really why I chose Venezuela... I kind of regret about it...
I'm doing Picasso and The Spanish Civil War as mine! Anyone else? I feel like they're good topics but there's a lot of information and background to them, so I'm worried I won't know enough or won't be able to remember it all? And also is this Skype group happening? I want to join!

I recommend you to watch Pan's Labyrinth if you want to feel the essence of the Spanish civil war
Yeh, talking about the different periods and how they came about would be useful. Plus probably it would be wise to talk about his Influences, like cubism and the African-influenced paintings. My teacher said it would be good to talk about your personal feelings towards his paintings/periods as apparently that would give the examiner a good indication of understanding! I was about to choose Ciudad Juarez, but chose against it. I felt like choosing a region is really ambiguous so I opted for something a bit easier, seeing as Spanish is my 3rd/4th language! Venezuel is really good though in terms of political and economical background, so I'm sure you'll be fine!
Original post by Sinsonte
I recommend you to watch Pan's Labyrinth if you want to feel the essence of the Spanish civil war

I've watched this film too many times! Might use it as an excuse to watch it again though haha
I'm doing Picasso and The Spanish Civil War as mine! Anyone else? I feel like they're good topics but there's a lot of information and background to them, so I'm worried I won't know enough or won't be able to remember it all? And also is this Skype group happening? I want to join!

I'm discussing Picasso too! I'm including Guernica, the different colour periods, cubism and the influences of women in his life. I watched a documentary about the women in his life and that really helps me to remember stuff so maybe if you see it happening rather than just reading about it you'll be able to remember it better?
Original post by lucyereade
I'm discussing Picasso too! I'm including Guernica, the different colour periods, cubism and the influences of women in his life. I watched a documentary about the women in his life and that really helps me to remember stuff so maybe if you see it happening rather than just reading about it you'll be able to remember it better?

Yeh, those are definitely the topics I want to include. What's the name of the documentary? I'd prefer watching stuff as it is easier to remember haha, did that with the civil war and surprisingly I remember quite a lot of it.
The documentary I watched was called 'Picasso: love, sex and art'...very raunchy for Spanish oral 😂 However, I watched it on BBC iPlayer and I don't think it's available on there anymore. Probs will be on loads of other places though.
Got my A2 spanish speaking tomorrow ahh (AQA)
Original post by student199919
Got my A2 spanish speaking tomorrow ahh (AQA)

same here! good luck! I've done one and i wasn't too confident so hopefully am prepared enough tomorrow!
Original post by doogieduggie
same here! good luck! I've done one and i wasn't too confident so hopefully am prepared enough tomorrow!

which cultural topics are you doing? I'm doing el franquismo and almodóvar (specifically the film volver). im hoping the cards are good tho :/
I'm resitting the as paper and I literally can't find any of the essays I wrote lol what a :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: I am :s-smilie:
Hiya! This is a great exam thread - I've added it to the Exam Thread Directory 2017

If you see any other exam threads threads that aren't in the directory yet - let me know by either tagging me in, or linking it in the directory and I can add it in! You can also find discussions for your other exams there.

If any of your other exams aren't on there yet - feel free to make the exam thread for it yourself

Good luck in your exams
I had my Spanish oral today and at the end I looked and saw that the examiner had circled two things in two different columns on a sheet of paper.

Is this the mark sheet? Do the examiners mark the orals there and then? I'm so scared now 😭 is there any chance it's just a sheet with other stuff?
(edited 6 years ago)
What were the two stimulus card options?
Original post by s-e
I had my Spanish oral today and at the end I looked and saw that the examiner had circled two things in two different columns on a sheet of paper.

Is this the mark sheet? Do the examiners mark the orals there and then? I'm so scared now 😭 is there any chance it's just a sheet with other stuff?

What were the stimulus card options you got? Was it AQA A2 as well?
Don't panic!
It's likely she was circling to help herself out. They have to ask a wide range of questions and make sure they don't do the same ones over and over. She was probably keeping track of herself. Your exam is not marked in front of you like that x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, does anyone know how I can improve my fluency in a week. I have my Spanish oral on Thursday but I've noticed I say umm and err a lot when I'm speaking. Will i get marked down for this ??
Do you remember what they asked specifically about poverty and immigration?
What was it? Like pros and cons?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending