The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2600
Deans Court still no word for anyone?
Has anyone heard anything more from Lamb Building?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sh1294
Deans Court still no word for anyone?

Nope... did they tell you when you would hear? Results are by post according to their website.
Reply 2603
Original post by lawlita
Nope... did they tell you when you would hear? Results are by post according to their website.

No they didn't give a date - I suppose they wanted the flexibility to make decisions as and when they felt they could.
Original post by Lawatoxbridge
Interviews came out on Friday for interview on Sat.

Via email or..?
Reply 2605
Original post by lawlita

Where on their website did you find that results were by post?
Original post by Sh1294
Where on their website did you find that results were by post?

In their pupillage document, may not be on the website anymore though!
Does anyone recall when we're meant to hear about the next round for the CPS? I have it in my head it's this week?
Original post by Langana
Does anyone recall when we're meant to hear about the next round for the CPS? I have it in my head it's this week?

W/c 15 May at the latest. The details are in the document sent to us with the legal question.
Anyone been asked at final round who else you have final rounds with and how you'll decide on the day if you get multiple offers? I've been asked this a couple of times and it surprises me - is it normal? Pretty awkward ...
Original post by jazzpassenger
Anyone been asked at final round who else you have final rounds with and how you'll decide on the day if you get multiple offers? I've been asked this a couple of times and it surprises me - is it normal? Pretty awkward ...

Wow that's poor. I've never been asked about other applications. To be honest that comes across as rather insecure. They're clearly suggesting that they're thinking you may well pick another set.

I've been asked for the names of other sets I've applied to but yours sounds pretty extreme!!

Yeah, I was asked at QEB Hollis Whiteman. I think it's an odd question, given that the final answer will almost always be "you".
That's the weird thing about it yeah. Unless you've already made up your mind, and I haven't, you either transparently :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: them or prevaricate - neither of which looks good. I've just been completely honest, as it seemed the lowest-risk answer. I genuinely don't know how I would deal with multiple offers. The decision is more likely to be made for me when I receive none or one, lol. All of the sets I have final rounds with would be extremely competitive. Definitely the most awkward question I've had though. Give me the problem question any day 😂

I've had something similar. I just smiled and said very shortly what everyone in the room knew I had no option but to say. Worked out fine. :dontknow:
Original post by pjs736_student
So, tick-tock. A week to go. Who has final rounds in the next few days?

I've had my last one so now I just have to wait. What a relief.
Anyone still have family set final rounds?
Original post by lulu_dudette
I've had a confirmation email from someone in chambers now too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can I just confirm that the submission email address was [email protected] and NOT [email protected]???

I don't know if anyone noticed but when you click on the hyperlink on the pupillage page to the email address where the application is to be sent, it populates the latter address automatically! I sent to both and still haven't heard, if anyone else hasn't heard you might want to double check which email address you sent your application to. I'm sure they won't penalise you if you clicked on their link and it sent your app to the wrong address?
Original post by Lawyersbedamned
Can I just confirm that the submission email address was [email protected] and NOT [email protected]???

I don't know if anyone noticed but when you click on the hyperlink on the pupillage page to the email address where the application is to be sent, it populates the latter address automatically! I sent to both and still haven't heard, if anyone else hasn't heard you might want to double check which email address you sent your application to. I'm sure they won't penalise you if you clicked on their link and it sent your app to the wrong address?

Will definitely look into it in the morning, thanks!
Reply 2619
12cp interviews out by email. If anyone has any experience and willing to share, would be good to know!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending