The Student Room Group

Shell Graduate Program 2017

Hello guys,
I have created this thread to discuss about the ongoing 2017 shell graduate program. Has anyone gotten a feedback after the online tests and video interview? Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I completed my online assessments last week but I am yet to get a feedback from Shell.
Reply 2
Original post by I_dont_like_sand
I see. By the way is the Candidate Zone working for you? When I go to check my application status it goes to an 'Error' page.

It is working.
Reply 3
Has anyone done the video interview yet and wouldn't mind sharing your experience/nature of the questions? Thanks :smile:
I have still got to do the recorded interview too but I finished the tests today...anyone else think that was pretty tough with the time restrictions? I thought the questionnaire was silly given it was pretty obvious how to answer it. I too would appreciate any tips from someone who has done the video interview.
Original post by cryptoking
I have still got to do the recorded interview too but I finished the tests today...anyone else think that was pretty tough with the time restrictions? I thought the questionnaire was silly given it was pretty obvious how to answer it. I too would appreciate any tips from someone who has done the video interview.

I found the time restrictions on the test tough too, especially for the Numerical section! For the video interview, I would just say: think about your motivations for applying and looking at Shell's CAR ( Capacity, Achievement, Relationship) criteria will give you a good guide as to some of the questions you could be asked. They are traditional competency based questions. Best of luck!
Reply 6
my friend has received an email stating that he didn't make it to the next recruitment step. meanwhile, i haven't got any updates from shell. i've checked my application status, and it still said 'reviewed'. does anyone have the same condition as me?
Reply 7
Original post by cryptoking

Hi there,

Did you happen to take the old version of assessment last year? How's the difficulty compared to last year? Obviously the time restriction is much tighter this year. I wonder if it's the same type of questions. Last year I remember you have about 1min for each question.

Also for the verbal reasoning, is it something like GRE reading comprehension where you have a short article to read and several questions based on that?

Thanks very much!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by SteveShen
Hi there,

Did you happen to take the old version of assessment last year? How's the difficulty compared to last year? Obviously the time restriction is much tighter this year. I wonder if it's the same type of questions. Last year I remember you have about 1min for each question.

Also for the verbal reasoning, is it something like GRE reading comprehension where you have a short article to read and several questions based on that?

Thanks very much!

The questions are roughly of the same level of difficulty, if not a little easier. The time pressure is harder though. Simple addition/subtraction and percentages for the most part.

Verbal reasoning is very easy - a mix between questions such as:

If a is to b, then x is to _
Read two short sentences then select which of four options is the most accurate
What is the opposite of a / which is the odd one out

I got feedback for completing the questionnaire within the hour - a short confidential report telling you how you rank on 6 personality traits
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by squatly
The questions are roughly of the same level of difficulty, if not a little easier. The time pressure is harder though. Simple addition/subtraction and percentages for the most part.

Verbal reasoning is very easy - a mix between questions such as:

If a is to b, the x is to _
Read two short sentences then select which of four options is the most accurate
What is the opposite of a / which is the odd one out

I got feedback for completing the questionnaire within the hour - a short confidential report telling you how you rank on 6 personality traits

Hi, could you give me an idea as to what the video interview questions were like/what they were?

Would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 10
Original post by goatnaldo
Hi, could you give me an idea as to what the video interview questions were like/what they were?

5 questions

1 on why you are the right fit for the role

1 on why shell

3 general competencies - use the STAR format to answer
Original post by squatly
5 questions

1 on why shell

Thanks for you reply. What role did you apply for and when did you apply?
Reply 12
Thanks for you reply. What role did you apply for and when did you apply?

No worries! Technical - Geoscience. Applied a couple days ago.

What about you?
Original post by squatly
No worries! Technical - Geoscience. Applied a couple days ago.

What about you?

Finance! I've done the online tests - hoping to record my interview soon (possibly today) so I wanted to be as well prepared as possible as I would really love to work at Shell!

If I can be cheeky and ask what those competencies were? I'm really nervous about not coming up with good examples for them - it's alright if you don't want to reveal them.
Im also doing the video interview soon, if anyone could describe what questions they got, would be very much appreciated! Hope everyones applications are going well!
Original post by squatly
5 questions

1 on why shell

What were the 3 specific competency questions asked for the "on demand" interview?
i.e. Provide an example of a time when you have had to deal with conflicting information? etc

Are they 3 straight questions or are they sub questions to each? (I..e How did yoyyou approach it, what would you do differently etc)

Also, Do you get to re-record your response if you make a mistake or do you just get 90 seconds and a set time to respond within (or is the duration of your response up to you)?

Not done one before so your experience shared would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Jack H
Original post by Patricia12
I completed my online assessments last week but I am yet to get a feedback from Shell.

How did they go?

What questions were asked on your on demand competency interview?

I am going to prepare for them shortly.

Be great if you could walk through your experience.

Cheers,
Jack H.

Hey, How did your on demand go?

What questions did they ask you specifically? I am going to try to prepare now for it.

I would think the first 2 are general for everyone and the 3 competencies are from a bank of questions

If you can walk through ur exp that would be brill

Thanks,
Jack H
Are the interview questions asked by real people in a video live chat or just questions typed?
Original post by squatly
5 questions

1 on why shell

Are the interview questions asked by real people in a video live chat or just questions typed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending