The Student Room Group

Anyone doing cie as levels?

What subjects are you doing and how prepared do you think you are?

I'm doing Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology. I have my first exam on the 2nd of May. ://

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheCe

I'm doing Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology. I have my first exam on the 2nd of May. ://

Which variant are you doing?
Original post by TheCe

I have my chem exam on 2 may tooo :frown: PHY MATHS CHEM!!
(edited 6 years ago)
i'm doing CIE
physics- not really prepared for it.......... paper 2 is gonna be alright but i'm struggling on the double slit experiment questions
furthermaths- pretty good revision... probably gonna ace it this year
Original post by assassinbunny123
i'm doing CIE
physics- not really prepared for it.......... paper 2 is gonna be alright but i'm struggling on the double slit experiment questions

Don't worry about double slit questions they usually ask to use the basic formula for calculations
Original post by Amenazainab12

From where you're giving your exams?

I have the same subjects
Original post by carpenoctem
I did Chem today and have 2 bio papers tomorrow ;(

which chem variant?
By variant do you mean timezone? If so I am v1

I mean did you give paper 21, 22 , or 23?
Reply 8
Original post by hamza.sheikh
Which variant are you doing?

p22, you did the same right?

How did they go?
Reply 9
Thank you!

Original post by assassinbunny123
i'm doing CIE

Good luck!
Reply 10
I did Chem today and have 2 bio papers tomorrow ;(

How were they? And 2 Bio papers?
Original post by TheCe
p22, you did the same right?

How did they go?

Phy: The electricity Q was v confusing. Maths: The last Q ( tan function graph ).
Overall, they arent going as planned but I hope the other components go better.

Did u give the same p22 ?
(edited 6 years ago)
134d3b38-228a-4e12-a7bf-7296a8e610ad.png I had this Q in my CIE Physics exam how do we calculate the p.d across the two points when the constant R =6 ohm and Variable R = 8 ohm and current = 0.45 A and emf = 24 V.
Reply 13
Yes I took paper 21

I think it's fair to say that they were harder than last year's 😂 They asked about areas of the syllabus that you don't normally see in past papers so my lack of past paper practice didn't come as a great disadvantage thankfully.

And I did paper 21 and 51 for biology in the same sitting (one after the other). Have you had any papers yet?

Oh right that makes sense. I've done Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Physics. I've done p22 (p12 for maths ofc) for all of them, and I think apart from Biology all were very easy. Biology was fairly easy but I guess the exam lacked 'typical' questions and you had to do a lot of thinking to answer the questions if that makes sense.
I'm hoping the threshold isn't too high anyway haha
Reply 14
Just realised that this is the AS thread, I'm actually doing taking full A-levels but couldn't find any other active threads. Feel free to link me to any 😂

It's cool! What other subjects are you doing?
Reply 15
Phy: The electricity Q was v confusing. Maths: The last Q ( tan function graph ).
Overall, they arent going as planned but I hope the other components go better.

Did u give the same p22 ?

There's only one p22 if that's what you're asking. Yeah I think I screwed up the graph in maths.
I don't think I've done really good in sciences. Still expecting As though.
134d3b38-228a-4e12-a7bf-7296a8e610ad.png I had this Q in my CIE Physics exam how do we calculate the p.d across the two points when the constant R =6 ohm and Variable R = 8 ohm and current = 0.45 A and emf = 24 V.

I don't remember these values, which variant did you do?
I was about to screw up the electricity question but thankfully I didn't.
Reply 16
Did anyone do AS physics p21 cie??
There were these 2 questions about forces tht I couldn't do 😞😐 the question was about a parachute attached to boat
Can anyone tell me the answer and how u got it?
Original post by TheCe
There's only one p22 if that's what you're asking. Yeah I think I screwed up the graph in maths.
I don't think I've done really good in sciences. Still expecting As though.

I don't remember these values, which variant did you do?
I was about to screw up the electricity question but thankfully I didn't.

zone 4 p22
I'm doing CIE A2 :smile:
Haven't found any threads for the full a level so I'll just post here instead.

I did the physics paper 51 yesterday. Did anyone else?
Yes I took paper 21

I think it's fair to say that they were harder than last year's 😂 They asked about areas of the syllabus that you don't normally see in past papers so my lack of past paper practice didn't come as a great disadvantage thankfully.

And I did paper 21 and 51 for biology in the same sitting (one after the other). Have you had any papers yet?

THIS IS PAPER 21 2017 MAY JUNE http://justpastpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/s17_21.pdf lol I wish thay has 22 :l

Quick Reply

Latest