The Student Room Group

Things you struggle with mostly while learning to drive

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by cherryred90s
Why'd they cancel it?

"Due to technical issues". I'm kind of surprised, but they said that they will send me an email shortly sending a new date and if that doesn't work with me to call them for another date or go on their website and check for another one. That's weird.
Original post by S2M
"Due to technical issues". I'm kind of surprised, but they said that they will send me an email shortly sending a new date and if that doesn't work with me to call them for another date or go on their website and check for another one. That's weird.

Very odd, but now it gives you more time to revise for it I guess. Have you started lessons?
Reply 1182
Very odd, but now it gives you more time to revise for it I guess. Have you started lessons?

I hope so. I hope they don't make it earlier. Yes, I've started taking lessons and I suck at driving.
Original post by S2M
I hope so. I hope they don't make it earlier. Yes, I've started taking lessons and I suck at driving.

I don't think they'd make it earlier, not sure if that's even allowed without asking if you're available first. I sucked at one point too, I feel like everyone goes through that stage. I used to stall at the time, never steered enough and was afraid to change gear
Reply 1184
I don't think they'd make it earlier, not sure if that's even allowed without asking if you're available first. I sucked at one point too, I feel like everyone goes through that stage. I used to stall at the time, never steered enough and was afraid to change gear

Same here lol. I've stalled quite a few times because I let the clutch go too early arghh! I'm ok at changing gears now I guess, but I still struggle with stopping and turning at a junction. I'm told I cut the corner and swan neck most of the time along with turning too slow.
Original post by S2M
It's always taxi drivers. They make so many mistakes and drive competitively. Even when they're wrong, they'll blame you.

Exactly! Plus they're always so impatient..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1186
Original post by ohhello92x
Exactly! Plus they're always so impatient..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. Not going to lie, it's usually Asians.
Original post by RoyalSheepy
It amazes me how I even passed the theory and practical test :rofl:

Same! Ahaha! I have the attention span of a goldfish :')
Original post by shanj0nes

At least that's better than mine 😂😂😂

Lol I'm like that myself at times when driving :tongue: like the other day I was driving into another town for work, and the speed limit along a stretch of road was like 40, and I had to sort of slow down as I had forgotten what it was :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I passed last week but in my lessons, the clutch was my weakness. I was taught to just bring to the bite point and the car moves off. (It was a petrol but had a decent engine size).

So whenever I was on any form of hill I always stalled. It was from then that I started setting a bit of gas.

Also, hate how some people literally drive up your a** when you're doing the 20mph in a residential zone :angry:
Reply 1191
Original post by Zentox
I passed last week but in my lessons, the clutch was my weakness. I was taught to just bring to the bite point and the car moves off. (It was a petrol but had a decent engine size).

So whenever I was on any form of hill I always stalled. It was from then that I started setting a bit of gas.

Also, hate how some people literally drive up your a** when you're doing the 20mph in a residential zone :angry:

Bite point is my weakness too lol. Sometimes I let it go too early and stall.
Original post by Zentox

I know what you mean when people go up your a**! I had someone who was up my a** earlier and then went into the over lane then over took me. Made me laugh as the first set of traffic lights which were on red he went through then the 2nd set he stopped. I was just thinking not so big now by showing off now are you :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
At least that's better than mine 😂😂😂

I'm actually afraid to drive on my own when I get a car, lmao!!

[QUOTE=ohhello92x:p like the other day I was driving into another town for work, and the speed limit along a stretch of road was like 40, and I had to sort of slow down as I had forgotten what it was :lol:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I did that all the time on my lessons! Because where I live it's basically school central and all the roads are 20mph and I forget! But I soon realised! :')

At least you don't have to drive on sh*tty Welsh country lanes with loaded oversized trucks lol

Me too :frown:
At least you don't have to drive on sh*tty Welsh country lanes with loaded oversized trucks lol

Nope, I have to drive down 20mph zones or on 60mph roads where buses go about 40mph!!!

Me too :frown:

We'll get there one day! :P
Nope, I have to drive down 20mph zones or on 60mph roads where buses go about 40mph!!!

Ahahaha, still it's better than here at least :biggrin: North or South Wales?
Ahahaha, still it's better than here at least :biggrin: North or South Wales?

I live in North Wales!!
I live in North Wales!!

No wayyy, where are the 20mph roads lol, they're all 60 with lorries going about 10mph trying to kill everyone in their path. :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending