The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6100
Original post by arctic95
Where are all the European generalist applicants at?! Why are they taking so long to get back to us- I feel like they might be scrapping the scheme...

I'm still waiting to hear back about whether I passed the FSAC for EFS. (That's what you mean by European generalist, right?) I sure hope they don't scrap it...
Reply 6101
Original post by kennysi
when did you have your fsb?

April 5th
If anyone is on Reddit, there's a new sub for the Civil Service which has loads of insightful information about the CS and lots of other great bits of info.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheCivilService/
Original post by Ceegeee
Any Generalists out there been in contact with CS Resourcing yet?

Are resourcing the team who allocate our first placements?
Original post by Impatienzo
Are resourcing the team who allocate our first placements?

Yeah I got this email:

Dear fast Streamer:

Many congratulations on your success at the Fast Stream Assessment Centre. You have done so well to get this far and we hope that you are excited about joining such an excellent organisation and scheme. It is a unique opportunity and we are certainly looking forward to welcoming you to the Fast Stream.

To support you over the coming months, we have provided a checklist below that outlines the key actions you need to take and can expect from us. We would be grateful if you can familiarise yourself with the checklist below and ensure that you complete the actions within the timeframes provided, as any delays may impact when you can start work:

You then have to read some forms and stuff

Morning,

Well done everyone who has been successful in their chosen schemes so far, it must be such a relief!!

I have my FSB for Digital and Technology this week -

Can I ask anyone who's been so far, how did you prepare? Was it what you imagined?

I'm bricking it to be honest lol!
Hey everyone! Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed to this forum, it has been so useful and comforting for everyone going through this long process...

I have received an offer for the Generalist stream and is currently filling out the security clearance form. Does anyone know whether when you are a student, and have been a student for the last couple of years, you should add this information to the previous employment section or whether you should write unemployed? There is no section where you can fill out details on time in education, so I was wondering whether this should be included here?

I am not a UK citizen, but has worked in my home country over the summers while being at University here in the UK. So I expect they will find it quite odd if I don't write that I am a student in the form, because it will look like I've just been in this country as unemployed. Any suggestions for what I should do?
Original post by emilie342
Hey everyone! Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed to this forum, it has been so useful and comforting for everyone going through this long process...

I have received an offer for the Generalist stream and is currently filling out the security clearance form. Does anyone know whether when you are a student, and have been a student for the last couple of years, you should add this information to the previous employment section or whether you should write unemployed? There is no section where you can fill out details on time in education, so I was wondering whether this should be included here?

I am not a UK citizen, but has worked in my home country over the summers while being at University here in the UK. So I expect they will find it quite odd if I don't write that I am a student in the form, because it will look like I've just been in this country as unemployed. Any suggestions for what I should do?

Wait, wait, which form are you referring to? There are several. If you mean the candidate information form in the welcome email, there is no job section there. If you mean the movements form you download from your portal, you just put education. But be careful, I'm finishing my second master's and even though I sent my transcript they put me down as 'on hold' for my degree certificate because i was classed alongside current undergraduates as 'waiting to graduate'.
Reply 6108

Well done! Did you find out today?
Original post by RichardJapanese
Wait, wait, which form are you referring to? There are several. If you mean the candidate information form in the welcome email, there is no job section there. If you mean the movements form you download from your portal, you just put education. But be careful, I'm finishing my second master's and even though I sent my transcript they put me down as 'on hold' for my degree certificate because i was classed alongside current undergraduates as 'waiting to graduate'.

No, so I mean the security clearance form you fill out online. The one you get after you send in the Candidate Information Form to the assignments team, which is from the vetting team and filled out online.

Thank you for your reply! There is so many different forms and I get so confused haha
Original post by Jamso
Well done! Did you find out today?

Found out a couple of weeks ago with the last band narrowing. My score was 10.06 just for reference.

Good luck to everyone finding out next week (hopefully). I know how terrible the wait is...
Original post by GenieK
I just found out I passed for Comms FSB, so anyone still waiting results are starting to be released!!

Me too! Well done!

Presume you got the standard message about filling places on merit etc etc?

For the security clearance forms being a student counts as unemployed, jobs only need to be put down if they you have had them for more than 2 months. I had similar issues and I rang them and they said there wasn't an option for being a student just put unemployed.
Original post by onionpringle
For the security clearance forms being a student counts as unemployed, jobs only need to be put down if they you have had them for more than 2 months. I had similar issues and I rang them and they said there wasn't an option for being a student just put unemployed.

I did the same, put unemployed and passed the DBS check so wouldn't worry to much to the person that was asking! :smile:
Reply 6114
Original post by GenieK
April 5th

I'm also waiting on Comms, hopefully this week on basis some results received FSB 19/04
Aaaaand the FCO candidate website refreshing can begin again in earnest.
Reply 6116
Original post by ottopol
Aaaaand the FCO candidate website refreshing can begin again in earnest.

I'd wait until tomorrow, doubt they're in on the bank holiday!
Reply 6117
Fingers crossed for Generalist results tomorrow... Lets hope they finally release them! I'll be refreshing my page like crazy from 9am tomorrow
Reply 6118
Original post by plflb
Fingers crossed for Generalist results tomorrow... Lets hope they finally release them! I'll be refreshing my page like crazy from 9am tomorrow

Yes! lets hope they stick to their word and we find out tomorrow xD
Not sure if it means anything, but the message about setting the Generalist final pass marks has been removed from the portal.

Quick Reply

Latest