The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Johncenaofficial
Is it just me, or has no one received an offer holders pack yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I emailed them and they said they're still sending them out
Received my pack today
Reply 2062
@usycool1 is it possible to have a part time job whilst at uni or will it be too much stuff to handle. Also how many days a week is uni?
Original post by Abj0
@usycool1 is it possible to have a part time job whilst at uni or will it be too much stuff to handle. Also how many days a week is uni?

Some of my friends do have part time jobs - in preclinical this is, I'd imagine it to be pretty much impossible in clinical years - and some seem to find it OK, others don't. I couldn't do it personally, but it all depends on how good you are at managing your time or on how much other stuff you get involved in.

Number of days vary each week in pre-clinical. You'll be in on most days though.
Does anyone know how lenient imperial is with people who miss the standard a*aa offer but get AAA?
Original post by crystallinedrops
Does anyone know how lenient imperial is with people who miss the standard a*aa offer but get AAA?

lmao I need to know the answer to this as well...
Not very, last year something like 5 who missed their offer got in, the rest were rejected. It's A*AA- best advice is to smash out revision like a true grafter and earn your place. Good luck lads and lasses x

Ngl i have no insurance and this offer isnt looking as good as i thought...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ashy99
Ngl i have no insurance and this offer isnt looking as good as i thought...

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahaha that's exactly how i feel after these new exams :sigh::sigh:
has anyone else got an email about being considered for a scholarship?

nope. was it a recent e-mail? congrats!

I received one too. How many people have received this ?
Original post by desertlover
nope. was it a recent e-mail? congrats!

Thanks and yeah it just came yesterday
How did everyones exams go??
Wow it hurts to look at this thread after my exams went so ****. When i applied for accom after chem paper 3 i was just thinking this is sooo pointless. The only subject i think I got an A in is maths. bio and chem im expecting Bs when im meant to get an A* in one of them so its almost guaranteed i ain't meeting my offer. I despise the Tories for screwing over my future with these new a levels yes i screwed myself over with dumb mistakes i made in the exams but the old a levels were so much ****ing easier you could basically guarantee yourself AAA with solid AS results which you could resit even if you flopped
Original post by Elliottmanwaring
Not very, last year something like 5 who missed their offer got in, the rest were rejected. It's A*AA- best advice is to smash out revision like a true grafter and earn your place. Good luck lads and lasses x

Did u get the 5 ppl thing from whatdotheyknow? If so then FML!!
Original post by Deutschmaster99
Did u get the 5 ppl thing from whatdotheyknow? If so then FML!!

Can you please link the whatdotheyknow?
Reply 2077
So my English malguange qualification wasn't sufficient to meet the standard. By the time I sent it it was too late for me to do any other test that gave results by 20th July (deadline) so my results are late. They said my place isn't garunteed now and that the decision will be made on results day :frown:
What are my chances anyone know??
(edited 6 years ago)
What are the GCSE requirements for A109?
Original post by SiMan
What are the GCSE requirements for A109?

The website states that the only criteria the panel uses for assessment is:

Spoiler

Imperial don't hold much value in GCSEs for the A100 admission and so for the A109 admission i'd doubt it even more so.

Quick Reply