The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm not too surprised; they have had mass protests against multiculturalism and "Islamisation" for quite a while now. Their population is overwhelmingly White and Muslims are around 0.1%, yet their voices are among the loudest in Europe.

As a Black woman I am reluctant to visit many of the countries in Eastern Europe, and certain Central European countries like Poland. The big cities would probably be OK, but their reputation for racism and seeing these huge protests is off-putting.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Mathemagicien
Who'd have thought that fascism would appeal to the Poles of all people?

As you have labeled the demonstrators Fascist i will assume you have evidence to back up your claim.

Why don't you share it with us?
A shame these fascists are on the next flight to the UK!
I heard someone else call them fascist. But seriously, they are of the National Radical Camp, look at the flags.

You heard someone else call them fascist and look at their flags.....

That was easier than expected, ta.
Okay, so you want proof that NRC are fascists?

The Guardian even did a report on them. https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2015/jan/19/pretty-radical-young-woman-poland-far-right-video

Of course, the Guardian being as far left as it is possible to go has no bearing upon the impartiality of their report.
It is good to see some are willing to march for European values.
Polish women are really good looking, I don't even like blonde haired people but damn.
Yet another ethnicity at risk of being fetishised, I see.

Nah they're not for me.
It's no news that Polish people are very proud of their country and heritage, what is wrong with a country wanting to preserve that? I personally am glad of the multiculturalism we have here, but if a nation wants to preserve their national identity surely they have every right to do so?
Original post by olivia099
It's no news that Polish people are very proud of their country and heritage, what is wrong with a country wanting to preserve that? I personally am glad of the multiculturalism we have here, but if a nation wants to preserve their national identity surely they have every right to do so?

Where is the threat to their national identity? Their country is almost ethnically homogeneous. Some people are just so determined to make themselves victims.
Original post by Eunomia
Where is the threat to their national identity? Their country is almost ethnically homogeneous. Some people are just so determined to make themselves victims.

But for how long?
Original post by Sarahsez
But for how long?

Do elaborate.
Yes it's ethnically homogeneous - and that's exactly how they want to keep it. And how are they playing the victims I don't understand? It is their country they have every right to have a say in what happens to it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Yes it's ethnically homogeneous - and that's exactly how they want to keep it. And how are they playing the victims I don't understand? It is their country they have every right to have a say in what happens to it.

They are playing victim by protesting something that doesn't exist. The purpose of protests is to put pressure on governments or those with power (such as corporations) to implement change. What change are these people demanding? They are playing victim by getting angry over a phantom threat.

They have every right to march, but it's stupid. I have every right to march against being forced to eat caterpillars every days, but that would not stop me from looking like an idiot with a victim complex. That's because no one is actually forcing me to eat anything.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Eunomia
They are playing victim by protesting something that doesn't exist. The purpose of protests is to put pressure on governments or those with power (such as corporations) to implement change. What change are these people demanding? They are playing victim by getting angry over a phantom threat.

They have every right to march, but it's stupid. I have every right to march against being forced to eat caterpillars every days, but that would not stop me from looking like an idiot with a victim complex. That's because no one is actually forcing me to eat anything.

Fair enough I agree with your point there
Reply 16
Original post by joe cooley
As you have labeled the demonstrators Fascist i will assume you have evidence to back up your claim.

Why don't you share it with us?

A party organised as a military organisation (in which militants wear uniforms, march in ranks and hold flags of the party over national flags) is certainly Fascist.
Reply 17
Original post by Eunomia

Exactly this. They can be proud of their country and their identity but there's no point to go around acting like hooligans and blame jews and black people (who barely exist in poland) for their problems. They won't achieve anything.

I personally am glad of the multiculturalism we have here

Can you tell me how we benefit from multiculturalism?
Original post by Josb
A party organised as a military organisation (in which militants wear uniforms, march in ranks and hold flags of the party over national flags) is certainly Fascist.

The Scouts are a bit fascist then.

Who knew!

Quick Reply