The Student Room Group

TSR's Quote Of The Day

Welcome to: QUOTE OF THE DAY.

Here, I will be posting a quote, each day, with a tag list, for you to absorb and go forward with your life. Feel free to post your own too. I am aware there are similar threads to this, but have been advised to make my own. Let me know if you want to be added to the tag list and I will make sure you are.:smile:

The thread should follow particular themes depending on what day it is, I am currently running the following themes:

Motivational Monday

Tuneful Tuesday

Thoughtful Thursday

Random Friday

Silly Saturday

Current quote is as follows:

Tag list at present is as follows:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Motivational Monday: 1/05/2017
Hope this provides people with some impetus on this wonderful bank holiday Monday. Particularly those with exams looming, I hope the last sentence here resonates and perhaps knowing that we're behaving in the right way with that in mind offers some comfort today.
Attachment not found

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Welcome to my new thread: QUOTE OF THE DAY.

Here, I will be posting a quote, each day, with a tag list, for you to absorb and go forward with your life. Feel free to post your own too. I am aware there are similar threads to this, but have been advised to make my own. Let me know if you want to be added to the tag list and I will make sure you are.:smile:

The thread should follow particular themes depending on what day it is, I am currently running the following themes:

Motivational Monday

Wayward Wednesday

Thoughtful Thursday

Silly Saturday

Wayward Wednesday
This is where the public is responsible for the quote of the day. Submissions must be made to me by midnight on Tuesday, and I will select one as the quote of the day for Wednesday. If more than one good submission is made then I will likely use the others throughout the weeks. Full credit will always be given to those who produce these quotes.

Spoiler

Thank you so much - exactly what we all need...

I'm so excited...:colondollar:
Original post by Drez999
Thank you so much - exactly what we all need...

I'm so excited...:colondollar:
Aw thanks.:h: I take it that's a yes to the tag list?:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
Aw thanks.:h: I take it that's a yes to the tag list?:smile:

Ahuh :smile:

[video="youtube;FMug2TPuWAE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMug2TPuWAE[/video]
(edited 6 years ago)
PRSOM @ForestShadow (and happy Birthday by the way :smile:)

I might use some of those later in the week.:wink:

Would you like me to put you on my tag-list?
Original post by 04MR17
PRSOM @ForestShadow (and happy Birthday by the way :smile:)

I might use some of those later in the week.:wink:

Would you like me to put you on my tag-list?

thank you :hat2:

feel free to do so :h:

yep add me in please, great new thread btw :yep:
Original post by ForestShadow
thank you :hat2:

feel free to do so :h:

yep add me in please, great new thread btw :yep:
PRSOM again.:sad:

Thank you.:h:
Awesome Stuff, thanks for quoting me into this @04MR17 :smile:

I will let you know if I have any quotes to contribute to this :yep:
Original post by 04MR17
Welcome to my new thread: QUOTE OF THE DAY.

Motivational Monday

Wayward Wednesday

Thoughtful Thursday

Silly Saturday

Wayward Wednesday
This is where the public is responsible for the quote of the day. Submissions must be made to me by midnight on Tuesday, and I will select one as the quote of the day for Wednesday. If more than one good submission is made then I will likely use the others throughout the weeks. Full credit will always be given to those who produce these quotes.

Attachment not found

Spoiler

:woo:
Original post by 04MR17
Motivational Monday: 1/05/2017
Hope this provides people with some impetus on this wonderful bank holiday Monday. Particularly those with exams looming, I hope the last sentence here resonates and perhaps knowing that we're behaving in the right way with that in mind offers some comfort today.
Attachment not found

Spoiler

I found that one depressing lol :ashamed:

[video="youtube;FMug2TPuWAE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMug2TPuWAE[/video]

:lovehug: harpi birfdae!!!
Original post by CheeseIsVeg

:lovehug: harpi birfdae!!!

awww thank youuuuu :hugs:
Reply 12
awww thank youuuuu :hugs:

And it's a Happy Birthday from me... :birthday:
Quote of the day: 2/05/2017
2.5.17.jpg
Tag a friend who you feel is necessary to you. Give them confidence and support and reaffirm their positive actions and their effect on you. A positive mindset creates a positive energy around you, which will make you more successful when you need to rely on others.

Tomorrow quote of the day comes from the people. Please drop me a PM with a quote you would like to share. The others will likely be used on other days too.

Spoiler

Original post by 04MR17
2.5.17.jpg
Tag a friend who you feel is necessary to you. Give them confidence and support and reaffirm their positive actions and their effect on you. A positive mindset creates a positive energy around you, which will make you more successful when you need to rely on others.

Tomorrow quote of the day comes from the people. Please drop me a PM with a quote you would like to share. The others will likely be used on other days too.

Spoiler

Great post :yy:
Only one user? :erm: I don't know who to pick :tongue:
Original post by Matrix123
Great post :yy:
Only one user? :erm: I don't know who to pick :tongue:
You can tag more if you want.:wink:
Original post by 04MR17
2.5.17.jpg

Spoiler

Thanks, this is definitely a good meaningful quote.
Original post by spotify95
Thanks, this is definitely a good meaningful quote.

It truly 'pulled at my heartstrings' when you quoted me in that, you are such a formidable friend and I am forever grateful that I can refer to you as my best friend. Spotify, I :heart: you, forever and always! :lovie2: :lovedup: :heart: :cube: :jumphug: :hugs:

:tea:
Original post by PerplexingGeode
It truly 'pulled at my heartstrings' when you quoted me in that, you are such a formidable friend and I am forever grateful that I can refer to you as my best friend. Spotify, I :heart: you, forever and always! :lovie2: :lovedup: :heart: :cube: :jumphug: :hugs:

:tea:

Excellent - that's lovely to hear! :lovedup: Likewise, I am forever grateful that we are best friends! :heart:
It's a shame I couldn't rep this... :sadnod:
Wayward Wednesday: 03/05/2017
3.5.17.png
Credit to @Drez999 for providing this one.

I would like to share a story from today, I had a long and intense argument with someone who saw joining the armed forces as a viable (and likely) career option for them. This quote brought me back to that discussion. I was asked how to avoid the catastrophes that the military is often used to resolve. My response of education and human development over a period of centuries didn't quite wash with the people I was arguing with. But Dr King I feel agrees with me, regardless off your views on the armed forces, in the idea of long-term gain.

So as you go about your lives, and see evil in the world, think about the good that will eventually wash over this evil, with the small positive actions that we go out of our way to do on a daily basis. Every little helps.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest