The Student Room Group

Do Western Women get away with more with Men?

I think they do tbh. For example, female criminals receive shorter sentences than men for the same crime.And while its important to recognise both types of domestic violence, female violence against men is often seen as a joke.

Also, "girl power" seems to have gone too far. Guys are often called out for :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: behaviour than in women is praised as being a "diva," "fierce" or "slaying". :rolleyes:

It's often called feminist when a girl is violent, loud mouthed, entitled spoiled etc. Or when rich girls act like :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:es to everyone, including men. Im sorry tho but that's not empowering for women it's just being a right little brat and its not OK for men either.

Scroll to see replies

ok
Yep
Reply 3
Original post by LilBlonde
I think they do tbh. For example, female criminals receive shorter sentences than men for the same crime.And while its important to recognise both types of domestic violence, female violence against men is often seen as a joke.

Also, "girl power" seems to have gone too far. Guys are often called out for :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: behaviour than in women is praised as being a "diva," "fierce" or "slaying". :rolleyes:

It's often called feminist when a girl is violent, loud mouthed, entitled spoiled etc. Or when rich girls act like :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:es to everyone, including men. Im sorry tho but that's not empowering for women it's just being a right little brat and its not OK for men either.

Hm.. yes they do. It's worth remembering that a lot of these are perpetuated by men. It's often male judges who give women more lenient sentencing and it's often men that don't take male mental health seriously.
It is very wrong and needs to be changed but it's not "the fault of feminism".
Yes females are treated preferentially by most of society
Women are treated preferable in the west and poorly in some parts of the world, that cancels out right?
Only cute/hot women tho, if you look like crap here nobody will care about you :/
Reply 6
Original post by Somepersonhere
Women are treated preferable in the west and poorly in some parts of the world, that cancels out right?
Only cute/hot women tho, if you look like crap here nobody will care about you :/

It doesn't cancel out. Two wrongs don't make a right, particularly when the benefits to Western women have no direct benefit to women in the other countries.

Western men are so used to Western women acting like they're a woman and a
man rolled in to one that when a woman acts needy we don't believe that she is
really objectively needy.

When women went to work to earn money for themselves, they wanted men to earn more money than they do too. They live in better houses than many people used to but they are controlled by money.
In general, yes they do. Not to mention the several sexist beliefs that are relics from traditionalism including:

If a male is raped by a female, then it is "not rape".

If a male is assaulted by a female, he is clearly being a "pussy".

A male "cannot speak" about issues that primarily pertain to females.

Males are inherently lustful, misogynistic cretins.

The list goes on.
Original post by Moura
Hm.. yes they do. It's worth remembering that a lot of these are perpetuated by men. It's often male judges who give women more lenient sentencing and it's often men that don't take male mental health seriously.
It is very wrong and needs to be changed but it's not "the fault of feminism".

It's amazing that even where women are advantaged in an area, feminists will still look for a way to vilify men

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Underscore__
It's amazing that even where women are advantaged in an area, feminists will still look for a way to vilify men

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't vilify men, you're a bit paranoid.
Original post by Moura
I didn't vilify men, you're a bit paranoid.

Instead of just accepting and acknowledging women have more leniency shown when interacting with the criminal justice system you wanted to criticise men, sorry that hyperbole goes over your head

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Instead of just accepting and acknowledging women have more leniency shown when interacting with the criminal justice system you wanted to criticise men, sorry that hyperbole goes over your head

Posted from TSR Mobile

:laugh::laugh: did you learn the word hyperbole at school today?

It wasn't a criticism of men. It was a contribution to the discussion. OP linked this to feminism, implying that it was because of feminists that this is happening. It's not, it's been the case for centuries that women get more lenient punishments etc. and since most judges are male, especially going back, this is because of men. Feminists would actually want to make this discrepancy equal.

I mean, this is a forum... the point is you discuss things. It sounds like you think I should have just posted "yes this is true" and moved on?
Original post by Moura
:laugh::laugh: did you learn the word hyperbole at school today?

You enjoy being condescending don't you? If I did that I'd be 'mansplaining' (it's shocking that Apple don't put a red line under that word)

Original post by Moura
It wasn't a criticism of men. It was a contribution to the discussion. OP linked this to feminism, implying that it was because of feminists that this is happening. It's not, it's been the case for centuries that women get more lenient punishments etc. and since most judges are male, especially going back, this is because of men.

It was a contribution where you jumped at the chance to promote your agenda. Nobody's talking about history, we're talking about a current situation. Yes, most judges are men but the number of female judges is rising at a ridiculous rate in order to try and create parity. Even despite this rise in female judges the gap between men and women being sent to jail, as a percentage of those found guilty, is still rising so clearly this isn't a case of 'men just being harsh on other men'. Your initial post was essentially saying 'yes women do get shorter sentences but it's men that decide usually' - we now allow more women to decide and the situation has gotten worse. It's so out of control in western countries that in the US gender bias creates greater disparity than racial bias.

Original post by Moura
Feminists would actually want to make this discrepancy equal.

Now I know you're just trying to have a laugh. How many feminist organised demonstrations or campaigns have there been to toughen sentences on women? Feminism is solely about the advancement of women's rights, equality isn't a factor. Where women are advantaged feminists stay quiet or just blame men.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't agree.

When it comes to crime I think men are just worse than women at it. You have to take into account the circumstances surrounding the crime and very often women are victims of abuse. Very often a woman murdering her husband is a reaction to abuse but when men murder their wives they are always the abusers. People will say that view is prejudiced but I believe there is truth in it.

I think you have got to acknowledge differences and not pretend genders are the same. Men will always earn more on average than women but they will always commit more crime. I think that is just a reflection of differences between genders.

As for divas, I didn't realise that was a good thing.
Original post by Sternumator
I don't agree.

When it comes to crime I think men are just worse than women at it. You have to take into account the circumstances surrounding the crime and very often women are victims of abuse. Very often a woman murdering her husband is a reaction to abuse but when men murder their wives they are always the abusers. People will say that view is prejudiced but I believe there is truth in it.

I think you have got to acknowledge differences and not pretend genders are the same. Men will always earn more on average than women but they will always commit more crime. I think that is just a reflection of differences between genders.

As for divas, I didn't realise that was a good thing.

No ones debating that men commit more crime but men serve longer sentences for the offence are more likely to go jail once convicted. There are even sentencing guidelines that say custodial sentences should be avoided for mothers even when the child lives with both parents

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty dumb question. Females can get away with murder.

Starts even when they're children and they punch the boys and squeel, "you can't hit me I'm a girl." lmao.
No ones debating that men commit more crime but men serve longer sentences for the offence are more likely to go jail once convicted. There are even sentencing guidelines that say custodial sentences should be avoided for mothers even when the child lives with both parents

Posted from TSR Mobile

But no two crimes are the same so I don't see how you can say they serve longer sentences. Women commit fewer crimes and less serious crimes so of course they get lower custodial sentences. Its very difficult to compare like with like.

Like in divorces, I think the law reflects that women are generally the main care givers for children.
Original post by Sternumator
But no two crimes are the same so I don't see how you can say they serve longer sentences. Women commit fewer crimes and less serious crimes so of course they get lower custodial sentences. Its very difficult to compare like with like.

Like in divorces, I think the law reflects that women are generally the main care givers for children.

No two crimes are the same which is why this disparity comes from an average.

I don't see what relevance divorce law has here unless you're talking about another area that men get screwed over in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by ChickenMadness
Pretty dumb question. Females can get away with murder.

Starts even when they're children and they punch the boys and squeel, "you can't hit me I'm a girl." lmao.

reported for misogyny :h:

[video="youtube;ilCmywMin8I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilCmywMin8I[/video]
Original post by LilBlonde
reported for misogyny :h:

[video="youtube;ilCmywMin8I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilCmywMin8I[/video]

(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending