The Student Room Group

Business Psychology Personal Statement help

- -
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by strontium-
I have recently started to make an attempt into writing my personal statement but I'm still not fully sure what to add. How do I balance between showing my interest for business and psychology?

Is this a joint honours course? Are you applying for the same course at all your choices? Your statement needs to be 50% business and 50% psychology. Try and link the two as well in terms of how they work together and how you'd use them together. If this is not for a joint honours course you need to pick one as they're too different to write one tailored PS for separate courses.
I have recently started to make an attempt into writing my personal statement but I'm still not fully sure what to add. How do I balance between showing my interest for business and psychology?

Organisational psychology is a fundamental part of business, you NEED to understand how people (consumers, staff etc) work and function. You could talk about the HR side of things, as people are the most valuable asset, I believe, to any successful organisation. To study the mindset of high quality staff and establishing links between staff retention and things like work life balance. It's a very doable statement, if you want to PM me for more ideas feel free. But I think just focus on how behavioural responses shape and model organisations constantly and for a business to be truly successful it needs to understand the needs and behaviours of people. It's pretty self explanatory.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much, I'll definitely message you when I need more help :biggrin:

No probs mate anytime

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
thank you! I am helping my son write his personal statement for A levels, he wants to take Dance, Psychology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending