The Student Room Group

Guys, are you Attracted to Girls who wear Designer Labels?

Like if you see a girl who's lucky enough to have rich parents at uni and wears a really expensive Gucci or LV handbag and clothes with the brand name all over to show if off.. turn on or turn off? SO many guys are pussies and intimidated by rich hot girls with a bit of attitude haha :lol:

Scroll to see replies

It's a turn off and a waste of money. I hate people who buy things to show off.
I wouldn't even notice unless they mentioned it, and if they mentioned it I'd assume they were vapid. Being rich isn't a problem - I've been with people whose families could buy hundreds of Gucci bags - it is the attitude, like you say. I wouldn't find someone obsessed with expressing their wealth intimidating, I'd find them tedious.
Reply 3
I like girls who dress well, elegantly, that usually means expensive clothes, but I wouldn't necessarily recognise clothes brands. (Very) expensive accessories mean rich family which by itself is something positive. Real ostentation isn't, but having a nice bag or watch doesn't mean showing off. Everyone at my uni has an LV bag, it doesn't make the holders stand out as richer than average here.

I'm not at all intimidated by rich girls with an attitude.
Original post by Anonymous
Like if you see a girl who's lucky enough to have rich parents at uni and wears a really expensive Gucci or LV handbag and clothes with the brand name all over to show if off.. turn on or turn off? SO many guys are pussies and intimidated by rich hot girls with a bit of attitude haha :lol:

I doubt it makes any difference. Dressing well is nice if you can afford it but where a person thinks it makes them better than other people because they have money then that is a turn off as it hints at them being shallow and vain. I highly doubt it is them feeling intimidated that keeps them away.

It depends if they have an humnhumble or pompous attitude
In the last week or so there has been an outrageous interest in what girls/guys are attracted to. Hmm.
Reply 7
In general I find showing off wealth a rather unappealing characteristic, regardless of gender.
Screams tragic fashion victim. Pass.

It says: "Look at me. I love myself and think I'm really clever. I spend a small fortune on designer clothes, the cost of which is 98% profit for the fashion designer and <0.1% of the money spent goes to the children in third world countries that are exploited to make it. But I don't care about that coz I feel important and it massages my inflated ego which is all that matters in the end".
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Nah being a brand slave is not attractive.

People who rely on brand names to give them a sense of identity are a sad sight tbh.
Reply 10
SO many guys are pussies and intimidated by rich hot girls with a bit of attitude haha :lol:

With an attitude like that, I'm not surprised they get put off.
I don't give af about how expensive peoples' clothes are but you sound objectional
Reply 12
This made me cringe so much... I don't particularly care. Usually, if I see someone kicking about in a big furry Candian Goose Jacket and the lot, I do notice it; but it kinda gives me bad vibes if any.
I don't really care as long as they don't wear cheap tatty looking clothes and aren't :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:y or snobby with designer labels that I'm not fussed.
Another daft question for the book...
If she has designer gear and also has all of her other finances sorted, fine. If she has loads of Gucci handbags and is in loads of unneccesary debt and really bad with her money generally, not for me.
Original post by IamLiquid
It's a turn off and a waste of money. I hate people who buy things to show off.

cos you wouldn't buy a flash car if you had the money?
Reply 17
No. I find people who show off their wealth extremely unattractive and low class.
Reply 18
If shes hot and he still manages to notice her designer labels then perhaps he should question his sexuality
Reply 19
Not particularly, no. :indiff:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending