The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Anyone doing Foundation year with Science or Engineering @ Nottingham?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shoeib
Hi all. I got unconditional offer to do foundation year then mechanical engineering with master.
I can't wait to start, but I hope it's not going to be weird as everyone on here seems to be under or in their early 20s, While I'm nearly 30, I might be older than some of the teaching staff 😂😂

Haha no worries we have some mature students even this year. While they aren't many they're definitely more than 6 or 7, so don't stress over it since mature students are never an unusual sight in foundation. Ps. I'm a a current foundation student
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 61
Anyone thinking of doing the year in industry option
Original post by Freshmen333
Hey guys,Im a current engineering foundation student, though almost done.If anyone has any queries I'll be happy to help :tongue:

where do you think would be the best accommodation for the foundation year?
Original post by sharer
Anyone thinking of doing the year in industry option

I am pretty sure im going to do a year in industry but its gonna make the course a long one.

What are you thinking for accommodation? They said that the course is based in a new building on the jubilee campus so would it be beneficial to stay there?
Reply 64
Original post by Stingfrey
I am pretty sure im going to do a year in industry but its gonna make the course a long one.

What are you thinking for accommodation? They said that the course is based in a new building on the jubilee campus so would it be beneficial to stay there?

missed that info! thought it was in the science building? I'm going for catered at uni park, was hoping it would be close to the course! Im thinking year in industry too. Could be a good break from learning at that point, aswell as invaluable experience...and cash. Lol
Did you go to the applicant day? That's when we first heard about it. I've applied for accommodation in jubilee so I really hope it's there 😅
Reply 66
Haha no worries we have some mature students even this year. While they aren't many they're definitely more than 6 or 7, so don't stress over it since mature students are never an unusual sight in foundation. Ps. I'm a a current foundation student

Hahahaha, I'm actually looking forward to start, no stress or whatsoever lol.

What course you're planning to do after foundation, and how do you find it regarding the workload, and the teaching methods wise?!
Reply 67
Original post by Stingfrey
Did you go to the applicant day? That's when we first heard about it. I've applied for accommodation in jubilee so I really hope it's there 😅

Hi, I was planning to attend the applicant day, but unfortunately it was a short notice to book a day off work, so couldn't make it. So I think I have missed quite a bit, as you say the course will be in jubilee campus.
Was it a busy day?
There were a couple of days but mabye about 20 at the one I went to? I could totally be wrong but there's a building being built on the jubilee campus and they were saying the foundation course was getting new rooms in it or something,
Reply 69
Hey guys,Im a current engineering foundation student, though almost done.If anyone has any queries I'll be happy to help :tongue:

Hey Freshmen333
do you know what building the foundation course will be in from Sept? Ive heard some people talking about a new building somewhere. Hoping that the foundation course will still be somewhere near the current engineering bldgs....I'm hoping that Lenton and Wortley will be a five min walk to the lectures
Original post by sharer
Hey Freshmen333
do you know what building the foundation course will be in from Sept? Ive heard some people talking about a new building somewhere. Hoping that the foundation course will still be somewhere near the current engineering bldgs....I'm hoping that Lenton and Wortley will be a five min walk to the lectures

Umm okay I don't know much about next year but as far as I know, the uni is building a new building in jubilee campus for manufacturing engineering but it should also accommodate for foundation students. If that's the case then no you won't be too close to other engineering buildings granted that jubilee isn't far.
Hi thereI was trying to find out about the pass rates. Can anyone tell me more - do they publish them anywhere?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending