The Student Room Group

'admission decision' meaning - university of amsterdam

Hello,

I've applied to the University of Amsterdam and have been monitoring the 'my info' page (tracking portal). My status has updated to 'admission decision' implying that there has been a decision made on my application. However I have had no notification as to what that decision is. Does anyone know anything more?

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aberdeen123
Hello,

I've applied to the University of Amsterdam and have been monitoring the 'my info' page (tracking portal). My status has updated to 'admission decision' implying that there has been a decision made on my application. However I have had no notification as to what that decision is. Does anyone know anything more?

Thanks!

Heya,

Sorry to see that you have not had an answer to this after 2 days. If you haven't heard back still, it may be worth getting in touch with the uni for more info.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4514998

The Amsterdam applicants thread may be of use to you.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4571968

Or even a guide to applying to Dutch unis. There's no answer to your question in the first post from what I can see but may be worth asking in there. Also check out the sub forum in general - it may be useful to you.

Good luck and I hope you get the news that you are expecting.
Reply 2
I am in the same boat! Did you get an answer from anyone? Thanks so much!

Original post by aberdeen123
Hello,

Thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
Heya,

Sorry to see that you have not had an answer to this after 2 days. If you haven't heard back still, it may be worth getting in touch with the uni for more info.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4514998

The Amsterdam applicants thread may be of use to you.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4571968

Or even a guide to applying to Dutch unis. There's no answer to your question in the first post from what I can see but may be worth asking in there. Also check out the sub forum in general - it may be useful to you.

Good luck and I hope you get the news that you are expecting.

Thank you s much that's really helpful! I've found a few more answers in some of those forums!
Reply 4
Original post by mskhwise
I am in the same boat! Did you get an answer from anyone? Thanks so much!

Other people have said it is the same for them, with some interpreting that it meant UvA were finally coming to making the actual decision on my application. However, the status has stayed the same - only difference is that I was asked to submit a scan of my passport.

Someone else mentioned that the deadline for returning a decision was not until May - so who knows how long we'll have to wait!
Reply 5
This is what they emailed me back:
Dear K,

Thank you for your message.
The fact that the status changed to Admission Decision does not mean a decision has been made, but this will be the next step.
When there is more information you will be contacted as soon as possible via e-mail.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!

Feedback or thanks? Like Could be better

Kind regards,

Education Desk Social Sciences
T: 020 525 3777 Monday till Friday from 9 am to 5 pm
Digital Student Service Desk

Graduate School of Social Sciences (GSSS) student desk
Reply 6
my status has changed from "admission decision" to "completion" - I thought the final decision would be the next step (see mail above)? anyone knows what it means?
Reply 7
I have had 'admission decision' status for close to 4 months now. Very frustrating. When I emailed they just asked me to wait for the decision. That was close to a month ago and still have not heard anything. I applied to the Sociology Masters program.
Reply 8
I have not heard back about acceptance or not but received this:

"

You can enter your payment details now. In order to enter your payment details log in to Studielink and click on 'Enter payment details' in your To Do list. By entering your payment details, you are only indicating the manner in which you will be paying the tuition fee. This does not mean: - that your enrolment is definite- that tuition fees will be collected directly "

does anyone know what this indicates? I have applied for Sociology masters !
Same here.
I will enter my payment details and wait another day.
The "help"-box at Studielink describes that entering the payment details is not the same as paying the tuition fee.

It seems to be a problem of the Graduate School of Social Sciences since we have all applied there. I have applied for Urban and Regional Planning masters.
Reply 10
Original post by Fine9
Same here.
The "help"-box at Studielink describes that entering the payment details is not the same as paying the tuition fee.

It seems to be a problem of the Graduate School of Social Sciences since we have all applied there. I have applied for Urban and Regional Planning masters.

But it also does not indicate acceptance, correct?
Original post by krmarano

I guess so :/
Reply 12
I got my offer yesterday, anyone else?
I received this as well and am wondering what it really means!

I have not heard back about acceptance or not but received this:

"

You can enter your payment details now. In order to enter your payment details log in to Studielink and click on 'Enter payment details' in your To Do list. By entering your payment details, you are only indicating the manner in which you will be paying the tuition fee. This does not mean: - that your enrolment is definite- that tuition fees will be collected directly "

does anyone know what this indicates? I have applied for Sociology masters !

Original post by Fine9
Same here.

Reply 14
Original post by caethli
my status has changed from "admission decision" to "completion" - I thought the final decision would be the next step (see mail above)? anyone knows what it means?

Im also at that stage, any development after that?
Reply 15

hey has anyone heard if they've been accepted to European Studies MA at University of Amsterdam to start in September 2018? feels like I've been waiting for ages to hear from them!

Reply 16
Yeah I have applied for Master's Political Communication. My status on MyInfo portal has been changed to "completion". However, I have not heard from the University of Amsterdam. If anyone is aware of this situation kindly help.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 17
Did you receive the offer later? My status has also changed to
Hello! I don´t know if you still check this chat but Im applying to UVA and my status is completion but havent received any email can you give me any information please
Reply 19
Original post by euvillatoro
Hello! I don´t know if you still check this chat but Im applying to UVA and my status is completion but havent received any email can you give me any information please

Hi! Have you heard back yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending