The Student Room Group

National 5 Computing Science

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
[QUOTE=A+Hunter;66531430]Right lads, I'm back. Someone update me with what's going on. There were typos in the computing science exam?

In 19 out of the 21 questions in the exam paper contained a mistake of some sort
I hate the **** Mr O'neill !
My daughter is struggling with the assignment. Could she ask your help?
I got 70% in my prelim (still a B! :frown:) but would've got an A if i remembered what HTML meant :cry2:
What did you get on your assingment? I got 58/60 so I only need like 47 marks in the exam for an A, thank goodness. But the paper is destined to be well put together this year because the SQA chief marker needs to keep his job after last years paper
Original post by Louise O'Brien
What did you get on your assingment? I got 58/60 so I only need like 47 marks in the exam for an A, thank goodness. But the paper is destined to be well put together this year because the SQA chief marker needs to keep his job after last years paper

You will definitely be fine. I got full marks in my assignment and didn't even bother revising much for the exam and got a really good grade. You'll definitely get the A. And I agree, hopefully the exam paper doesn't contain many mistakes this time. Good luck :smile:
Reply 566
Got 58/60 in the coursework, aiming for 47/90 for an A😇
Reply 567
I'm literally winging this exam, it's my next one but physics is the day after and my physics teacher hasn't taught us all year lol. I did okay on the assignment and got a good mark in my prelim so it should be fine as long as we get a good paper.
whos ready for the exam?
That was alright. Assuming assignment is 50/60 and hopefully a bit better should be looking at an A.
Teacher told me that I got 59/60 on my coursework and so far I know that I only dropped 1 mark for certain on the exam. I finished the exam in about 45 minutes and left after 50. To be fair, computing is my strong suite though so it is expected that I would finish a Nat 5 exam pretty quickly.

Only question I think I might have also dropped a mark on that I could think of was calculating the size of the image. I can't remember if it was bit depth or dpi that you had to mulitply by and I only multipled once before simplifying to kilobytes. If it was bit depth then it should be correct.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 571
What was the answer to the component that allows the processor and hard disk drive to communicate? (I think that was the question) I'm not so good with hardware
Original post by Chloe76
What was the answer to the component that allows the processor and hard disk drive to communicate? (I think that was the question) I'm not so good with hardware

That is the one question that I know for a fact that I dropped a mark on. My teacher said that it was the 'Interface'.
Original post by Chloe76

interface, specifically SATA
Original post by BigManN
Teacher told me that I got 59/60 on my coursework and so far I know that I only dropped 1 mark for certain on the exam. I finished the exam in about 45 minutes and left after 50. To be fair, computing is my strong suite though so it is expected that I would finish a Nat 5 exam pretty quickly.

Only question I think I might have also dropped a mark on that I could think of was calculating the size of the image. I can't remember if it was bit depth or dpi that you had to mulitply by and I only multipled once before simplifying to kilobytes. If it was bit depth then it should be correct.

it was bit depth so you've got it right
Original post by YasserTron
interface, specifically SATA

Wait, I wrote "SATA Cable" for that question. Do you think I would get the mark or not?
Original post by BigManN
Wait, I wrote "SATA Cable" for that question. Do you think I would get the mark or not?

You might not get it for writing "cable" after it
What did you guys get for the calculation for the Kb? I got 500 and something but some of my friends got other answers but some got the same. Am I right or nah.
Original post by Ryan130102
What did you guys get for the calculation for the Kb? I got 500 and something but some of my friends got other answers but some got the same. Am I right or nah.

I thought I got 21 or around that, although I might be wrong
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 579
21.9 Kb or something was the correct answer for the one about the size of the graphic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending