The Student Room Group

Edexcel iGCSE Triple Science

Official thread for Edexcel iGCSE Triple Science.

Edexcel iGCSE Chemistry:
Paper 1: 18th May 2017
Paper 2: 14th June 2017

Edexcel iGCSE Biology:
Paper 1: 16th May 2017
Paper 2: 9th June 2017

Edexcel iGCSE Physics:
Paper 1: 24th May 2017
Paper 2: 16th June 2017

Spec for Chemistry: https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/International%20GCSE/Chemistry/2011/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/9780997864786_INT_GCSE_CHEM_SPECSAMS_ISS5_comb.PDF

Spec for Biology: https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/International%20GCSE/Biology/2011/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/UG030030-International-GCSE-in-Biology-master-booklet-spec-Issue-3-SAMs-for-web-280212.pdf

Spec for Physics: https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/International%20GCSE/Physics/2011/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/UG030051_International_GCSE_in_Physics_(master_booklet)_spec_Issue_5_SAMs_for_web.pdf

All past papers can be found on the corresponding subject page on the Edexcel iGCSE website! :wink:

If you need any help on any of the sciences I am here to help! Good luck with the exams! :biggrin:

Comment your worst and best topic for each science and how any mocks went if you want to...

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

My only trouble is knowing how to write answers in chemistry and biology. Either way, hoping I can do well.
Original post by ssharma123
My only trouble is knowing how to write answers in chemistry and biology. Either way, hoping I can do well.

It's all about exam technique... look at the marks available and this corresponds to how many points you write. Also look at the command word in the question - for example if the question asks you to EXPLAIN something then you should do just that (basically means develop a point).
There are so many boring 5 mark and 6 mark questions in the Biology exam...but hopefully we get one of the 10 marker gap fills!
Original post by camfanclash
There are so many boring 5 mark and 6 mark questions in the Biology exam...but hopefully we get one of the 10 marker gap fills!

Yeah, that would be nice of them. Hows your revision going?
Original post by Kronixion
Yeah, that would be nice of them. Hows your revision going?

Pretty good--but I need to recap on stuff like brewing beer.

Microbiology is my hardest topic too... everything else is fine though. That stuff is all in Paper 2 right?
I'm really, really hoping there isn't too much ecology/botany in the bio papers...the human stuff I can do but anything to do with plants (or yeast ughh) goes in one ear and out the other!
Original post by Sonechka
I'm really, really hoping there isn't too much ecology/botany in the bio papers...the human stuff I can do but anything to do with plants (or yeast ughh) goes in one ear and out the other!

Yeah human stuff is easy compared to the plant stuff! But what can you do, you have to learn it...

Brewing beer isn't in paper 1 is it?
Original post by Kronixion
Brewing beer isn't in paper 1 is it?

'Understand the role of yeast in the production of beer' is Paper 1. But does this mean knowledge of other processes isn't needed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, quick question. For all 3 sciences, is there like a thing where paper 2 topics are only specific for paper 2, and paper 1 topics only for paper 1. Is there a way to know which topics? And is it fine if i only do paper 1 past papers before paper 1. And paper 2 past papers before paper 2? Thx
Original post by Sinister6807
Hey guys, quick question. For all 3 sciences, is there like a thing where paper 2 topics are only specific for paper 2, and paper 1 topics only for paper 1. Is there a way to know which topics? And is it fine if i only do paper 1 past papers before paper 1. And paper 2 past papers before paper 2? Thx

Look at the spec (scroll to the top). All the stuff in the spec can come up in Paper 2 but only topics not in bold will come up in paper 1.
Reply 13
Paper 1BR:
Did anyone else put a chemical equation for photosynthesis when it specifically asked for the word equation? T_T

than you would of hated the paper. I honestly thought it was extremely unfair! 70% of that paper was on photosynthesis and leafs
Original post by Horfax
Paper 1BR:
Did anyone else put a chemical equation for photosynthesis when it specifically asked for the word equation? T_T

You should still get the marks for it because it's more complex than the word equation
Reply 16
Original post by Horfax
Paper 1BR:

Yeah oops
Reply 17
How did the paper 1CR go?
Original post by Horfax
How did the paper 1CR go?

Just did it; definitely easier than biology, I thought.
Just did it; definitely easier than biology, I thought.

Yeah I found paper 1CR much easier than bio. What did you put for replacing the lid?

Quick Reply

Latest