The Student Room Group

BBC Production Apprenticeship 2017

Wondering if anyone else has applied this year? Have people heard back? I've got an interview, which I'm really happy about because I didn't think I'd hear back at all, but I'm very nervous because I always seem to trip and fall at the final hurdle.

Scroll to see replies

Hi, did you do the video interview before you got the actual interview? Congratulations!
Reply 2
I applied and got emailed for a video interview!! Don't know if they're just doing videos before selecting who to properly interview or not though
Original post by Production1234
Hi, did you do the video interview before you got the actual interview? Congratulations!

Thank you! I was never expecting it so I'm pleased to have got through to this round if I don't get through to the next! From reading online, you make the initial application, then there's a video interview if your application is approved, and then there's an assessment day if your interview is approved. Have you applied?

Original post by kagcool
I applied and got emailed for a video interview!! Don't know if they're just doing videos before selecting who to properly interview or not though

Oh well done!! Have you done yours yet? Did mine a few hours ago...quite nervous about it.
Reply 4
Original post by vanderwoodsen

Oh well done!! Have you done yours yet? Did mine a few hours ago...quite nervous about it.

I just did mine!! How did you get on with it?? Mine took me a while to do but finally sent it off
Original post by kagcool
I just did mine!! How did you get on with it?? Mine took me a while to do but finally sent it off

Mine took me much longer than expected as well! It was ok, the questions were not at all what I was expecting. I'm worried my answers weren't great and that my concept for the second question wasn't very good :frown: Also, I had a problem with the second video uploading which was a nightmare, I had to email them and everything. How about you?
I had a video interview, I wasn't expecting those questions, I don't think I answered them very well but I tried my best!
what were your ideas for the second question?
Original post by mia_warner
I had a video interview, I wasn't expecting those questions, I don't think I answered them very well but I tried my best!

Neither was I! I spoke to a sixth form tutor about it and we went over like answers for questions on teamwork and communication and stuff, so not what I was expecting, but I enjoyed answering them more! I don't think I answered them very well either, but I'm sure you did better than you thought :smile: Have you heard back yet? I'm worried the people who've got through have, and I've been rejected...

Original post by stuckonapuzzle
what were your ideas for the second question?

I came up with an idea for a teen/YA drama, it was a bit wacky but hopefully they liked it? I'm worried it wasn't what they were looking for at all :frown: How about you?
I came up with an idea for a teen/YA drama, it was a bit wacky but hopefully they liked it? I'm worried it wasn't what they were looking for at all :frown: How about you?

My idea was for a sci-fi, dystopian drama (focused on a society where using technology to alter/enhance your body is normal and basically all the issues that arise).
(edited 6 years ago)
My idea was for a sci-fi, dystopian drama (focused on a society where using technology to alter/enhance your body is normal and basically all the issues that arise).

That sounds really cool! I bet it went great :smile:

Has anyone heard back yet? Starting to think I've not been successful... :frown:
Original post by vanderwoodsen
Wondering if anyone else has applied this year? Have people heard back? I've got an interview, which I'm really happy about because I didn't think I'd hear back at all, but I'm very nervous because I always seem to trip and fall at the final hurdle.

Hey,

I applied for the journalism one which closed at the same time as yours, I was so surprised when I got asked to do a video interview! However, I was only asked one question(I'm guessing because the apprenticeships are different that's why).

I did mine just over a week ago and I haven't heard back yet!

GOOD LUCK!!:smile:
I did my video interview a few weeks ago but still not heard anything back yet either.
(edited 6 years ago)
I also applied and still haven't heard anything back, what about anybody else?Starting to get a bit worried :frown:
I'm told the final assessment centre day was Wednesday
Original post by HannahM290
I'm told the final assessment centre day was Wednesday

Oh so after the online interview they selected for assessment days?
Yes. There were around 5 assessment days across the country with around 10-12 people selected for each day. After the assessment day there is a final round of interviews.
Original post by HannahM290
Yes. There were around 5 assessment days across the country with around 10-12 people selected for each day. After the assessment day there is a final round of interviews.

Thanks for this.

How did you find out?
I was at the birmingham assessment day. I got a email about 2 weeks ago saying i would get a phone call from the assessment team and that was infact a phone interview. From there they invited me to choose one of the assessment days.
Was this definitely for the same scheme as us (production apprenticeship rather than trainee) because the website said the assessment would probably be in June...
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending