Attachment not found

4,483 Offers is a record high.

Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
I don't think it's showing offers yet

It is now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2521
And this is why playing games with Admissions Stats doesn't work: the 2016 applications spike at Christ's for Engineering put some people off so they had to dip heavily into the pool to find "better" candidates to offer this year.

1493790529596.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
History at Selwyn (my original college) was at a record high for the last 5 years! I feel so lucky to have been pooled and given a second chance. Applying really was a gamble worth pursuing :biggrin:
Reply 2523
Out of 19 applicants, only 1 direct got accepted. And only 1 was successfully pooled: me.
I feel like some sort of second rate survivor lol.
(edited 6 years ago)
Now we need to get those grades come on Team 2017 💪 Lets show those exam boards what fantastic student work looks like looks like :wink:
Reply 2525
Attachment not found

And more from The Porters Log here
https://www.facebook.com/theporterslog/

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Porters Log is underrated.

Heh, I actually went to this talk. :lol: He actually gave some advice on how to make friends...

(your attachment doesn't work btw)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2527
Original post by Zacken
The Porters Log is underrated.

(your attachment doesn't work btw)

Oh well, that was the one I tried attaching :smile: (seems to work for me... :frown: )
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Now we need to get those grades come on Team 2017 💪 Lets show those exam boards what fantastic student work looks like looks like :wink:

Yeah let's try our best to show them!

Anyone else get really frustrated when you correct an exam paper and with all of the mistakes you made due to freaking out in the exam you would have nearly got an A grade??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayofsunshine98
Yeah let's try our best to show them!

Anyone else get really frustrated when you correct an exam paper and with all of the mistakes you made due to freaking out in the exam you would have nearly got an A grade??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely! I did a C4 paper the other day, got all the methods right but dropped 10 marks for really silly errors. Like adding up wrong. So annoying!
Original post by Steliata
Definitely! I did a C4 paper the other day, got all the methods right but dropped 10 marks for really silly errors. Like adding up wrong. So annoying!

My chem teacher and I went through my first mock paper today and literally, if I'd stayed a bit calmer in my exam I would have got so much higher. And, let's face it, if the 10% blocks for boundaries are used, if I go up 20 marks per paper and its overall out of 300" that's two whole grade boundaries just because I panicked.

Hopefully that won't be a major issue in the summer though because the exams aren't as condensed as 7 in a week, and teachers provide moral support just before the exam when it's for real, so it won't be as bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow... 7 out of 12 offered for Economics at Hughes, and only 2 of them from the pool

St Ed's only has 1 offer holder for that course and they had 11 applicants, plus that offer holder was from the pool

What's going on haha

Also I checked Wolfson but forgot they didn't offer Economics
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Infested
Wow... 7 out of 12 offered for Economics at Hughes, and only 2 of them from the pool

St Ed's only has 1 offer holder for that course and they had 11 applicants, plus that offer holder was from the pool

What's going on haha

Also I checked Wolfson but forgot they didn't offer Economics

but but but... what about

Spoiler

More competitive than ever at Caius for Economics, only 6 offers out of 57 applicants. Makes me wonder even more how I got one!
IMG_7337.PNG
Like usual Caius didn't fish from the pool.
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
More competitive than ever at Caius for Economics, only 6 offers out of 57 applicants. Makes me wonder even more how I got one!
IMG_7337.PNG
Like usual Caius didn't fish from the pool.

Jeez that's a low direct offer rate
Comp Sci at St John's had a 5% direct offer rate this year.
Original post by WhiteScythe
Jeez that's a low direct offer rate

Yeah I didn't expect it to be that low!

Original post by Forecast
Comp Sci at St John's had a 5% direct offer rate this year.

Dayummm
This is a stupid question.

Is it at all possible, that for humanities subjects such as History, a question similar (e.g. employing + focussing on the same topic/key question) to the one on the AS paper from last year will come up? I am asking because I feel confident on a question that came up last year, not because I'm trying to play a guessing game. :redface:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2538
Original post by SteamboatMickey
This is a stupid question.

Is it at all possible, that for humanities subjects such as History, a question similar (e.g. employing + focussing on the same topic/key question) to the one on the AS paper from last year will come up? I am asking because I feel confident on a question that came up last year, not because I'm trying to play a guessing game. :redface:

Unlikely... :wink:
Original post by Doonesbury
Unlikely... :wink:

That question is all we've done in class for the last two weeks :lol: ah well!! I shall move on with optimism :biggrin:

Latest