The Student Room Group

Edexcel Mathematics: Core C1 6663 17th May 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kaharahaidi101
Who knows how where i can get the 2016 paper? (edexcel)

From your teacher?
This thread is incredibly active. But I'm going to lighten it up a bit. Everyday I will post 1 hard C1 question that may be challenging and it's solution too. It'll follow onto C2 by the end of next week or so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry this starts from tomorrow 🤣. Going to be good questions 👌🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1492637352.454507.jpg

Solution will be posted tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1492727306.852221.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1492727312.977632.jpg

Two new questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry I just wrote up the solutions now and I'm really tired lol as I haven't really done any other work just been on my phone literally all day.

Will put solutions for each question in a different spoiler so it's clearer tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chittesh14
Sorry I just wrote up the solutions now and I'm really tired lol as I haven't really done any other work just been on my phone literally all day.

Will put solutions for each question in a different spoiler so it's clearer tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not a lot of people will be doing these as evident with crashMATHS threads that stopped, but keep going if you want. Shorten down on the answers though, it's not an essay.
Original post by RDKGames
Not a lot of people will be doing these as evident with crashMATHS threads that stopped, but keep going if you want. Shorten down on the answers though, it's not an essay.

lol I wrote them so people understand the reason why I used this method at this point etc as that's what most people don't find out.

I'm going to continue as it will be a revision source or test just before the exams for the most talented.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not posting today as it's Friday and I'm lazy as fk on Fridays lol, today I somehow wrote an essay for Economics :O, feel proud - even though I wrote it now half asleep.
Reply 71
r(x) = p cos^2(x)-1, p>1
Sketch the graph of y= r(x) for -2pi<= x <= 2pi
Help please!
Huh. Didn't know this thread was here for so long, oops..
Reply 73
Hey guys,
I was wondering if you knew what a C2 (R) paper was,
I found it much more difficult than a regular paper so was quite distressed after completing one in class lol
Below is a link to my particular paper
http://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/download/Maths/A-level/C1/Papers-Edexcel/June%202014%20(R)%20QP%20-%20C1%20Edexcel.pdf
Thanks in advance
Original post by DerpyOwl
Hey guys,
I was wondering if you knew what a C2 (R) paper was,
I found it much more difficult than a regular paper so was quite distressed after completing one in class lol
Below is a link to my particular paper
http://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/download/Maths/A-level/C1/Papers-Edexcel/June%202014%20(R)%20QP%20-%20C1%20Edexcel.pdf
Thanks in advance

For a couple of years, Edexcel were setting the R papers which were taken by countries more than 5 hours East of the UK. This meant that candidates in those countries didn't have to be kept shut up for hours after they took their exam so that they couldn't tell the rest of the world what the questions were. They were written by the same team of examiners as the usual papers.

Once Michael Gove decided that UK students couldn't sit exams in January, Edexcel introduced the IAL qualification so that overseas candidates could do exams in January. This meant that there was no longer much of a call for the R papers.
I'm just about to start learning C2, just finished c1 lol.
You know how each year supposedly the exam gets harder, do you think it will be even harder than 2016? Because we found the 2016 paper terrible..
Original post by juliakoczij
You know how each year supposedly the exam gets harder, do you think it will be even harder than 2016? Because we found the 2016 paper terrible..

No, that's not necessarily true. It might be, it might not be.
Original post by juliakoczij

Well I felt like the 2016 paper was horrible, and ended up with a D given I was doing past papers and getting a B. Given I'm retaking C1 from experience, I'm expecting the paper to be difficult. But either way a difficult paper generally means lower grade boundaries.
What is everyones revision plan for c1? has anyone finished revising it completely?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending