The Student Room Group

An immigrant against immigration!!!

In fact some of the most vocal anti-immigration people are immigrants themselves. Maybe because they fled toxic cultures like pakistan and Somalia so they could live in a free society, and that society is slowly being overtaken by the culture they fled.

Do you think they want more of what they fled from? Or is it just plain hypocrisy?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

wtf are you talking about?
Original post by Sarahsez
In fact some of the most vocal anti-immigration people are immigrants themselves. Maybe because they fled toxic cultures like pakistan and Somalia so they could live in a free society, and that society is slowly being overtaken by the culture they fled.

Do you think they want more of what they fled from?

Care to link them so we know what you are talking about? You appear to be merging asylum seekers with immigrants.
Reply 3
Original post by theoneandonlybob

I just watched a video of people that voted leave regarding Brexit. One of the guy was a Somalian immigrant and said he voted leave because "I read statistics that if we stay that a quarter of a million Europeans come here every year and stay so in 10 years things might get overcrowded,

Another Asian immigrant said " he wants control on immigrants" none of them were Brit born.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by basiclogic
It's called hypocrisy. An immigrant that comes here, accepts british values and abides by it and makes a positive contribution to society can take the view that unlimited immigration is bad.

However it is often the case that immigrants such as from muslim immigrants who carve out mini ghettoes in the UK, live off the state, dodge taxes/ make a falsified benefits claims and simply do not integrate and fit with british values are also against immigration e.g. when Birmingham voted brexit. It's just further proof that theyre nothing more than scroungers and a burden to society who dont want to make a contribution.

It's call tribalism. Immigrants don't want immigrants from other cultures taking over.

Do you think they want more of what they fled from?

It comes from fear of competition. More immigration means more competition for jobs, housing, schools, and even GPs.
Reply 6
Immigrants dont have a say. Only natives do, if we're going by the notion of "tribalism".

They votes count too!
Reply 7
Original post by constantine2016
It comes from fear of competition. More immigration means more competition for jobs, housing, schools, and even GPs.

I somewhat agree with this.
Reply 8

Do you think they want more of what they fled from? Or is it just plain hypocrisy?

You should add Iran to the list :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Jirga
You should add Iran to the list :smile:

Just because I make thread about Iran does not make me Iranian lol
Reply 10
Just because I make thread about Iran does not make me Iranian lol

Where were you born?
Reply 11
Their votes might count, but that doesnt change anything about my original statement. Theyre just hypocrites and dont deserve to be here.

Are you on about Islamic immigrants or immigrants from anywhere?

Well maybe if you didn't illegally invade and destroy their lands, persecuted them they wouldn't be here in the first place. Before the illegal Iraq invasion I hardly remember seeing any Iraqis in the Uk, they were happy in their country.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 12
Um England

Countries have cultures you menopausal dumbass.

"an immigrant against immigration"

"im born in england"

The irony in you calling someone a dumbass, you low IQ fool :rofl:
It's called hypocrisy. An immigrant that comes here, accepts british values and abides by it and makes a positive contribution to society can take the view that unlimited immigration is bad.

However it is often the case that immigrants such as from muslim immigrants who carve out mini ghettoes in the UK, live off the state, dodge taxes/ make a falsified benefits claims and simply do not integrate and fit with british values are also against immigration e.g. when Birmingham voted brexit. It's just further proof that theyre nothing more than scroungers and a burden to society who dont want to make a contribution.

Source? Anecdotally, I'd say you're talking :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:
Reply 14
Original post by theoneandonlybob

They sound pretty high
Original post by RSVP
Pakistan and Somalia are countries not cultures you dumb-fck

If you are going to fling insults perhaps you could be a big boy and learn a bit more about the word "culture", you dumb f*ck. You can have a toxic culture in a country, it doesn't have to be about the whole country.
They votes count too!

Link the video then.

Try speaking in English as well.

Still not seeing what your point is.
It's call tribalism. Immigrants don't want immigrants from other cultures taking over.

You mean you claim to have seen a youtube video with one immigrant saying something you disagreed with.

Believe it or not one immigrant doesnt speak for all immigrants.
I am non-white, born in a EU country, moved over here and I don't like the UK being over flooded honestly.
Just because a lot of people who are born here or move over here keep everything from their own culture which can't fit in here.
And yes a lot of people do live separate in ghetto like neighborhoods which I hate honestly, they also mostly talk to their own race etc.
I don't like seeing people who barely speak the language, don't care about the country they are growing up in cause their parents/grand parents came from X country.
Some people call integrating in society ''being white on the inside'', I don't mind that then I guess.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Jirga
"an immigrant against immigration"

"im born in england"

The irony in you calling someone a dumbass, you low IQ fool :rofl:

Wtf are you on about?

Did I say I'm against immigrantion?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending