The Student Room Group

Should I apologise?

I've recently started talking to my ex again... Kind of friendly but kinda flirty. Today I went out on a date with someone else and posted it on my snapchat story which my ex saw. I now feel really bad and it turns out I super like him (please don't say exes are an ex for a reason because this isn't what the question is about)

Should I apologise for it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ps. I know I messed up
Original post by Anonymous
I've recently started talking to my ex again... Kind of friendly but kinda flirty. Today I went out on a date with someone else and posted it on my snapchat story which my ex saw. I now feel really bad and it turns out I super like him (please don't say exes are an ex for a reason because this isn't what the question is about)

Should I apologise for it?

Apologise for what? You're not with your ex.
Reply 3
Original post by Tiger Rag
Apologise for what? You're not with your ex.

I know I'm not. I put it on my story so that he would see it and hopefully he'd realise he likes me (if he doesn't already know it). I know I'm an idiot
I know I'm not. I put it on my story so that he would see it and hopefully he'd realise he likes me (if he doesn't already know it). I know I'm an idiot

So you were trying to make him jealous?
Reply 5
Original post by AishaGirl
So you were trying to make him jealous?

Yes :frown:
Reply 6

What a sad and pathetic person he must be for him to like you then.

"Oh my God, OP is dating another guy omg I think I'm in love with her....I think I just came in my pants. Wow so hot."
Reply 7
Original post by Katzen
What a sad and pathetic person he must be for him to like you then.

"Oh my God, OP is dating another guy omg I think I'm in love with her."

I never said he did like me. I'm hoping that he does but I don't know, we've only just started talking again
Reply 8
Apologise for going out with someone other than your ex? :confused:
Reply 9
Original post by UWS
Apologise for going out with someone other than your ex? :confused:

No for purposely trying to make him feel jealous
when you say 'you like him' are you talking about your ex or the guy you went out with. Either way, although you may feel bad, it's not your fault. You have your own life and you can do whatever you want and you shouldn't change it so you don't hurt someones feeling or their opinion. And plus, it might be a wake up call for your ex to either let go of you or to get his **** together and ask you out. Your ex might not even feel bad, he might even tell himself that you were just meeting a friend. Anyway, you do whatever you want to do, and from what I know about guys, he's probably still going to be talking to you. So its chill. And there's no need to apologise

That was quite the clever idea wasn't it. I hope he's the one which realises "ex's are an ex for a reason."

I also feel bad for the guy you used in order to make your ex jealous, shame on you OP.
Reply 12
No for purposely trying to make him feel jealous

Why are you back in contact with your ex if you're just trying to make him jealous? Sounds pretty immature from your end.
Original post by RoyalSheepy
That was quite the clever idea wasn't it. I hope he's the one which realises "ex's are an ex for a reason."

I also feel bad for the guy you used in order to make your ex jealous, shame on you OP.

I didn't use him to make anyone jealous. He wanted to go out with me, I thought I was interested so I said yes and it turns out I sadly wasn't

I agree with you.

Assuming you apologised to your ex in the above terms then what would come next?
Original post by UWS
Why are you back in contact with your ex if you're just trying to make him jealous? Sounds pretty immature from your end.

I wasn't in contact with him just to make him jealous. We got talking after I wished him a happy birthday and it went from there.
Original post by 999tigger
I agree with you.

Assuming you apologised to your ex in the above terms then what would come next?

I would probably feel better about it. I don't know if he knows why I put it up or not. I've taken it down anyway even though the damage is probably already done. I am unsure what would happen next, I'm seeing him next week to give him something. Part of me wanted him to hurt like I'm hurting. I'm sure he doesn't feel the same way that I do. He was flirting with me and now nothing
He's online now so do I apologise?

Leave him be, and stop stalking.

I think your behaviour is rubbish and childish. You attempted to manipulate him and its no surprise he has changed his view. Not friendly at all.

Did he dump you or you him?

There are various strategies.

You could chat an be friendly pretending nothing has happened.

You could address the issue, but then that could mean you have to explain why and that might be awkward.

If you apologised what are you going to say, sorry for being mean and trying to manipulate you with my new bfdate?

Most of the answers are messy. Decide what you want from him before you do anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending