The Student Room Group

How to revise geography sustainability

Ive got my geography sustainability in 2 weeks time and i don't know how to revise it. I have revised my key geographical theme but not this
Original post by lightbulb22
Ive got my geography sustainability in 2 weeks time and i don't know how to revise it. I have revised my key geographical theme but not this

What do you need to revise about sustainability... sustainability is a large topic!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is your exam board OCR-B? I have my SDME on population and settlement on the 22nd of May.
Original post by SamuraiSami
Is your exam board OCR-B? I have my SDME on population and settlement on the 22nd of May.

Yep thats my exam as well
Original post by lightbulb22
Yep thats my exam as well

Oh ok then. Good luck with it.

My teacher told us to revise population and settlement, I still have not started geography revision due to my controlled assessments from other subjects.

Once you have a good understanding of population and settlement, try a few practise exam questions- just to practise on how to apply your knowledge that you have learnt.

My teacher gave us booklets full of information about it. It consisted of what we should do when we have to choose a decision, make sure to include words i.e environmentally, economically impact, physical impact, social impact/effect, political effect/impact. Also, spend 5- 15 minutes reading the sources, analysing them and interpreting them. She told us to read the source, then the question, then the sources again, then read the question, and then read the sources again and finally read the question. And then answer it.

She told us to not "waffle", meaning to not talk about irrelevant stuff- get straight to the point. Do not repeat question

Remember key exam questions starters like describe- say what you can see i.e tall building
Also, to know what explain means- say why that happened or why it will cause/lead to something i.e. There is a shopping centre in Fig1 because on the OS map it shows that Town X is on the outskirts of Oldham. This is because land is much cheaper there as it is a greenfield site.

She also said, after you have written your answer, get a highlighter and highlight your "amazing geography words", make sure that you say the word sustainable a lot in your work. She said after you finish the paper, go through it, make sure you add in any key geography vocab.
Original post by SamuraiSami
Oh ok then. Good luck with it.

My teacher told us to revise population and settlement, I still have not started geography revision due to my controlled assessments from other subjects.

Once you have a good understanding of population and settlement, try a few practise exam questions- just to practise on how to apply your knowledge that you have learnt.

My teacher gave us booklets full of information about it. It consisted of what we should do when we have to choose a decision, make sure to include words i.e environmentally, economically impact, physical impact, social impact/effect, political effect/impact. Also, spend 5- 15 minutes reading the sources, analysing them and interpreting them. She told us to read the source, then the question, then the sources again, then read the question, and then read the sources again and finally read the question. And then answer it.

She told us to not "waffle", meaning to not talk about irrelevant stuff- get straight to the point. Do not repeat question

Remember key exam questions starters like describe- say what you can see i.e tall building
Also, to know what explain means- say why that happened or why it will cause/lead to something i.e. There is a shopping centre in Fig1 because on the OS map it shows that Town X is on the outskirts of Oldham. This is because land is much cheaper there as it is a greenfield site.

She also said, after you have written your answer, get a highlighter and highlight your "amazing geography words", make sure that you say the word sustainable a lot in your work. She said after you finish the paper, go through it, make sure you add in any key geography vocab.

Thank you so much it was really helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending