The Student Room Group

Btec applied science Unit 1 and 3 past papers

Can someone give me a link to any past papers? Can't seem to find any.

Edit: level 3

Scroll to see replies

There are no past papers for the 2016 spec however there are sample materials on the link for unit 1 and unit 3
hope it helps
I am studying level 3 extended diploma (1st year) in applied science

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-nationals/applied-science-2016.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=Pearson-UK:Category%2FSpecification-and-sample-assessments
Reply 2
Original post by sayan999
Can someone give me a link to any past papers? Can't seem to find any.

Edit: level 3

We don't have any past papers because it's a new spec, I think the best thing to do is just revise your notes you've made in class and if you need extra help with anything ask your teachers
Reply 3
Original post by Gstan123
We don't have any past papers because it's a new spec, I think the best thing to do is just revise your notes you've made in class and if you need extra help with anything ask your teachers

What about the old spec. Can I get any past papers on that?

Old spec didn't had any exams they only had the (internal exams) assignments to do.
Reply 5

Your teacher will probably make their own tests for you to do, so you can get used to the different question styles and it will help you figure out how to get the marks you need. Other than that the Pearson Btec Applied Science book will help you out, it has all the information you need to know, revision tasks and every unit has a page telling you how you'll be assessed for each one. If you don't have the book then I'd really recommend getting it, it's been a massive help for me
How did everyone find the unit 3 exam?
Original post by GemmaAllen321
How did everyone find the unit 3 exam?

what came up in the exam, curious.
I thought it went well, section A seemed to be okay but idk about section B. What questions did you guys find hard?
What were the topics you found hard ?
Original post by britishgreg
I thought it went well, section A seemed to be okay but idk about section B. What questions did you guys find hard?
Original post by Cookiedough8
What were the topics you found hard ?

I think it was mostly evaluating our experiment especially sampling techniques.

What's part b section 2?

What about section B, how did you find it?
Original post by Btecstudent98
What about section B, how did you find it?

it was okay tbh, i cant remember the last question though but it wasn't difficult
it was okay tbh, i cant remember the last question though but it wasn't difficult

Knowing it's about diffusion, it definitely wasn't but the calculations in section A wasn't so pleasant. What calculations did you find hard
Knowing it's about diffusion, it definitely wasn't but the calculations in section A wasn't so pleasant. What calculations did you find hard

Hang on did we do the same paper? mine was to do with plants and the environment. Was yours the same?
Hang on did we do the same paper? mine was to do with plants and the environment. Was yours the same?

My section A was about plants and I carried out a plants and pH experiment for it. What was your section B about? The second section of the paper where you have to plan a whole method with hypothesis, was yours not about diffusion?
(edited 6 years ago)
My section A was about plants and I carried out a plants and pH experiment for it. What was your section B about? The second section of the paper where you have to plan a whole method with hypothesis, was yours not about diffusion?

I cant remember the question but my friends and I got 54 for one of the calculations. Did you get that?
I cant remember the question but my friends and I got 54 for one of the calculations. Did you get that?

I don't remember what question you're talking about, what was that question asking?
I don't remember what question you're talking about, what was that question asking?

tbh i dont remember the question exactly but i think it was to do with percentages

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending