H02356
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,
Does anyone have any tips for writing evaluations in psychology? Im rubbish at writing them and evaluations are where the most marks are. I would be really grateful for any advise as my AQA exams are next month
greghayes
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by H02356)
Hi,
Does anyone have any tips for writing evaluations in psychology? Im rubbish at writing them and evaluations are where the most marks are. I would be really grateful for any advise as my AQA exams are next month
Quite a few people struggle with evaluations because, let's be honest, they're boring so no one wants to learn them. Do you have a copy of this textbook?

http://www.hive.co.uk/Product/Cara-F...FdYK0wodf68Lhg

It's the A2 version and there's an AS one as well (the girl has green hair instead of pink). They're really good because they're written by people that work with the exam board to create the specification. They also include (usually) 5 evaluation points so you can choose the ones that you like best.

There's also Tutor2U which offers theory and evaluations for the specification. I use these if I don't like the ones from the textbook or don't understand them.

https://www.tutor2u.net/psychology/topics

They also have a youtube channel which covers topics in short lectures which includes evaluations. They're really good if you like visual/auditory learning.

If in doubt, you can usually say that there's research to support/contradict it (if there's a study in the theory, don't include it in your description but use it as an evaluation instead and it still gets credited), there's ethical issues, or bring in issues and debates. Issues and debates can make really good evaluation points as you can use reductionism, culture/gender bias, determinism, etc. and they're all valid points to be made.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (430)
58.82%
Yes- I don't like it (40)
5.47%
No- I want it (211)
28.86%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.84%

Watched Threads